Denton best small town in US

I know this is not football related but Business Insider named Denton the best small town in America. I suspect all those that live there tend to take this for granted and that's natural, but Denton really is a unique place. Let's hope that with all the development on Fry St and such that the town does not lose any of its "Dentoness"

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-ten-best-small-towns-in-america-2012-11#10-tybee-island-georgia-1

• Upvote 6

I know this is not football related but Business Insider named Denton the best small town in America. I suspect all those that live there tend to take this for granted and that's natural, but Denton really is a unique place. Let's hope that with all the development on Fry St and such that the town does not lose any of its "Dentoness"

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-ten-best-small-towns-in-america-2012-11#10-tybee-island-georgia-1

Nice find. Now let's send that link to all potential recruits!

Denia folks are trying their hardest to make sure it stays best 'small town' (120k people = small town?) in America.

I don't know if you mean good or bad on this. I live there and they drive me crazy. I won't attend their community meetings because they oppose everything. I guess that would be trying to keep it small. They opposed the stadium, the windmills, the dorm at Eagle Point, Acme Brick's operating permit and so many other things, I can't remember. And the proposed convention center? I'm sure. But I absolutely love where I live. It is physically the best place in the world to live. I try to keep as low of a profile as possible so they don;t oppose me.

• Upvote 3

Denia folks are trying their hardest to make sure it stays best 'small town' (120k people = small town?) in America.

I don't know if you mean good or bad on this. I live there and they drive me crazy. I won't attend their community meetings because they oppose everything. I guess that would be trying to keep it small. They opposed the stadium, the windmills, the dorm at Eagle Point, Acme Brick's operating permit and so many other things, I can't remember. And the proposed convention center? I'm sure. But I absolutely love where I live. It is physically the best place in the world to live. I try to keep as low of a profile as possible so they don;t oppose me.

We have had a couple other folks on here from Denia and they seem to side with you. It's good to know that not everyone supports their anti growth agenda!

Right there with you... I especially love the little newsletter they leave on the front door every couple of months alerting me of all the new things to oppose. Edited by Green P1

yep...i'm hitting up oak st drafthouse after school today!!!

Good seein you at Oak Strret Drafthouse this afternoon...wife & I enjoyed it. We always enjoy the Oak Street Drafthouse. Best little beer garden in Denton!

• Upvote 1

Right there with you... I especially love the little newsletter they leave on the front door every couple of months altering me of all the new things to oppose.

Altering you? Is that even possible? If so...we need to talk. :-)

Once the kid gets home, we're headed up for Jazzfest.

Good to see you and your daughter at Jazzfest this evening. Obviously, after meeting your daughter, we now know you did at least one thing right. Very nice young lady...I imagine she is pretty darn smart as well...brains and looks...wonder where both those came from?

Hope you two had as good a time as we did. Fun times in Denton at Jazzfest....as usual. Get out ang go to Jazzfest folks, good music, great food, cold beer and arts, crafts and games...way cool. Take your lawn chairs out and chill a bit at Jazzfest.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

UNT 90 Grad, on 26 Apr 2013 - 23:42, said:

I'm thinking of heading to Jazzfest tomorrow with a couple of my kids in tow. Would they have fun? (Elementary school aged.)

There is plenty of stuff for kids to do there. Lots of beer walking around, but I didn't notice anybody getting particularly belligerent. I think your kids would be fine.

You will find tons of kids at Jazzfest of all ages. It is definitely a kid friendly event. We often take "wee ones" with us when we attend and we took our kids for years running....no problems at all...lots of stuff for kids of all ages...hey, kids like music too, right?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1