Denton best small town in US

A-train

The A-train is a 21-mile regional rail system connecting Denton and Dallas Counties. DCTA has five A-train stations; two in Denton and three in Lewisville and also interfaces with DART at their Trinity Mills Station in Carrollton. Passengers can transfer to the Green Line, which provides access to Downtown Dallas, the Medical District, Pleasant Grove, Fair Park, DART’s Red, Orange and Blue Lines and the Trinity Railway Express. Visit DART.org for DART service and schedule information.

Hours of Operation

A-train operates Monday through Saturday. Monday through Thursday hours are 5:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. with limited frequencies during the middle of the day. On Friday, A-train service operates 5:00 a.m. until past Midnight with limited frequencies during the middle of the day and during the extended evening hours. Saturday A-train service runs 9:30 a.m. until past midnight with limited frequencies throughout the day. Because of the limited frequencies during the off-peak hours, passengers are encouraged to check the transit schedules and determine appropriate transit connections. Whenever possible, DCTA has published the Green Line scheduled connection. The A-train does not operate on Sundays or major holidays.

Read more: http://www.dcta.net/a-train/a-train/menu-id-132.html

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like the old Fry St was dying a slow death and the developers just pulled the plug. Either way, it's gotten a lot nicer the past couple years.

If your vision for a nicer Fry included apartment buildings and chain restaurants.... No doubt it got a lot nicer. I sure miss the old expanded Beans, Tomato, TJs and Chopsticks. Heck... I miss getting a Seattle's Best Coffee and sitting in front of the bank on a sunny afternoon.

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 2

If your vision for a nicer Fry included apartment buildings and chain restaurants.... No doubt it got a lot nicer. I sure miss the old expanded Beans, Tomato, TJs and Chopsticks. Heck... I miss getting a Seattle's Best Coffee and sitting in front of the bank on a sunny afternoon.

Bagheri's was way underrated as well.

• Upvote 1

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like the old Fry St was dying a slow death and the developers just pulled the plug. Either way, it's gotten a lot nicer the past couple years.

I kinda liked the pre-development, chain restaurant Fry Street. The lost of the Fry St. event was a big hit and that stupid, stupid mixup between the 1st round of developers and city that ended up with an empty lot was a killer. What's there now isn't bad, though. At least none of it is designed to infringe on the longstanding bars in that area. I do miss the old Chopsticks, though. It's alright now, but it's the sort of place where I go if I want okay food that's sort of Asian. There are much, much better places for Asian food in Denton than Chopsticks now, sadly.

As much as old Fry. St was a loss, the hustle around the square in the last 5 years has been awesome, though.

• Upvote 1

I really miss Sunday night movies up on the Beans roof and Pops Carter playing at TJs.

• Upvote 1