Positives From This Season

My positive is that it seems that Benford does instill discipline to players not towing the line. I think once he gets more players in here

that fit his system better, the results will be better in time. It was tough to follow this year, however. GMG!

• Upvote 1

If you add up the home games I didn't attend that I easily could have, I ended up with about 24 more hours to do as I pleased than I otherwise would have had. A full day of life was added to my existence because of this terrible season. That's a positive, right?

If you add up the home games I didn't attend that I easily could have, I ended up with about 24 more hours to do as I pleased than I otherwise would have had. A full day of life was added to my existence because of this terrible season. That's a positive, right?

So...how'd that 25 win season prediction after the UAH loss work out for ya?

So...how'd that 25 win season prediction after the UAH loss work out for ya?

I'm concerned that you remember that it was me, that it was 25 wins, and that it was immediately after the UAH loss. But I'll disregard the slight creepiness of that...

It didn't. Benford made me look like a fool and I'll readily admit it. I went out on a limb over the summer back in RI when talking to all my friends about the upcoming basketball season, and I'll never live down the talk of Mitchell as a top 10 pick or UNT being fringe top 25, despite the fact that every scout and "expert" was in my camp as well.

But hey, life moves on, I'm over it. Feel better now that you've called me out?

It set the bar low to exceed next year .,.???

This got me thinking....maybe we should challenge Benford to do WORSE next season. Tell him to shoot for 5 wins. Perhaps he'll try so hard at sucking that he'll "leave players in for too long" to tire them out (translation: he'll substitute at a normal rate). Or maybe he'll talk down about the team in public hoping to demean them, but in turn motivating them?

I don't know. I don't even know if this made sense. Nothing makes sense after this season. I'm still trying to comprehend what happened.

I'm concerned that you remember that it was me, that it was 25 wins, and that it was immediately after the UAH loss. But I'll disregard the slight creepiness of that...

It didn't. Benford made me look like a fool and I'll readily admit it. I went out on a limb over the summer back in RI when talking to all my friends about the upcoming basketball season, and I'll never live down the talk of Mitchell as a top 10 pick or UNT being fringe top 25, despite the fact that every scout and "expert" was in my camp as well.

But hey, life moves on, I'm over it. Feel better now that you've called me out?

To be fair, there's a poster here that has your prediction in his signature line.

And, I do feel slightly better for calling you out only because I think "book it" should be a banned phrase around here. Some of the worst predictions here by quite a few people have been tagged by the words "book it."

I'm just having fun with you, we all had high hopes at one time.

To be fair, there's a poster here that has your prediction in his signature line.

And, I do feel slightly better for calling you out only because I think "book it" should be a banned phrase around here. Some of the worst predictions here by quite a few people have been tagged by the words "book it."

Good god...I really have been away from the site for quite awhile because I had no idea about my prediction being an infamous representation of this horrid season.

Yes...yes we did. Such a sad season...

We will win less than 10 games next year (unless Benford plays a bunch of D2 schools in OOC play.. Oh, wait...) book it!!!

I either prove your "book it" theory wrong or we win more than I expect.

Win, win?