Jermaine Antoine “I will decide tonight”

Harry

It's about honoring your word and your commitment. If someone commits to a school, it shows poorly on him to decommit and sign elsewhere. Have some, like, self respect.

And coaches and schools will cut bait from student athletes if and when they feel necessary. This is all a big game and in the end it's the way business works in the world of athletics.

• Upvote 1

The coaches know far more than I about abilities and needs. All I've seen is a video clip but in that clip I detected a player who seemed to have a lot more enjoyment playing offense. Why we wouldn't offer him his choice I don't understand. Two of our best receivers will be seniors. There are a few potentially good receivers moving up but we are not overstocked at that position.

I believe that Antoine plays rather early wherever he goes. He's a good player but I doubt that he will play beyond college. I don't know his intended major but he should concentrate on getting his degree. He should be meeting with professors in his major and make his decision based on what's best for his future. He seems as if he'd be happy at either university but for whatever reason I believe that we've lost him.

• Upvote 1

Would you want to play for UNT immediately (maybe) and get to face off in those hot battles with UTSA and FAU or go to TCU and play OU and the likes and have a chance to play for major bowls or even a national championship. Please.

What are you talking about? Don't you know that UTSA is an in-state rivalry?!?

I'm less concerned with blaming a kid who is trying to make a monumental decision and more concerned with the fact that we have been getting obliterated in recruiting for years. We are one of only three sun belt teams with no rivals three star recruits. Even south Alabama has two. The stadium and move to cusa don't seem to be helping one bit.

• Upvote 2

Why wouldn't we use him as a receiver? I think he could do more there for us.

Right on. We need playmaking wide receivers.

Also, TCU might or might not do well in the Big 12. As it was, they barely broke even in their initial season, and had a losing record in conferece. I said long ago that they wouldn't be able to compete there and do as well as they did in the MWC, and I stand by it. They will be mediocre at best in the Big 12 for as long as Texas decides to keep the conference together.

He has just as good a shot at playing in a mid-level bowl game with us as he will at TCU in the future. Mark it down. His talk of TCU being in a national title hunt is pure silliness. They won't even sniff a Big 12 title.

Also, look at TCU's two-deep at WR...he ain't going to be anywhere near the playing field in 2013 at WR at TCU. If they've told him that, they are lying. Patterson will stick him on the defensive side of the ball:

TCU projected two-deep 2013: http://www.frogsowar.com/2013/1/3/3827664/way-to-early-2013-tcu-football-two-deep

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Right on. We need playmaking wide receivers.

Also, TCU might or might not do well in the Big 12. As it was, they barely broke even in their initial season, and had a losing record in conferece. I said long ago that they wouldn't be able to compete there and do as well as they did in the MWC, and I stand by it. They will be mediocre at best in the Big 12 for as long as Texas decides to keep the conference together.

He has just as good a shot at playing in a mid-level bowl game with us as he will at TCU in the future. Mark it down. His talk of TCU being in a national title hunt is pure silliness. They won't even sniff a Big 12 title.

Also, look at TCU's two-deep at WR...he ain't going to be anywhere near the playing field in 2013 at WR at TCU. If they've told him that, they are lying. Patterson will stick him on the defensive side of the ball:

TCU projected two-deep 2013: http://www.frogsowar.com/2013/1/3/3827664/way-to-early-2013-tcu-football-two-deep

What, recruiters lie?

These 17 and 18 year olds need to go with what some would call their initial gut feeling.

If they committed to one school they should stick with that committment. If they are a pick up because said school lost 4 others before they "finally" got offerred they should probably still go with their initial gut feeling. They should go to where they can play ASAP and, yes, we're all biased here but it looks like Apogee Stadium would be more than a nice place to get to play ASAP.

We will wish Mr. Antoine luck whoever he chooses, but North Texas probably wanted him longer and the most than other schools who came into play in the 12'th hour and only that because they did not sign others for the same position.

This!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't know why you guys are making a big deal out of this. I was informed a long time ago that highly rated players are not important. It's better to have players no other big schools offer because sometimes they turn out good. Mac is doing just fine.

See, that's just being too negative about it. It's great to get some highly rated players, and I agree that they are being silly by taking offers from Big 12 schools just because somebody else de-committed from TCU or Tech so they can do the same to us. But I also agree that good coaching and a great opportunity can take an "under-the-radar" guy and turn him into a superstar (well, that plus normal maturation, etc but you get the point). The problem here is that Antoine and Woods were both; highly rated, but ignored by everyone else until they decided to fill some spots by going after our biggest wins. Even if it wasn't our program we were discussing, I would still think that this would be a sign of poor judgment on their part. A big-time program ignores you in favor of someone else, a mid-major team offers you a shot, and when the big boys' plans don't work out they want to take you away from the people who liked you all along and make empty promises...it's like we're watching a Pixar movie with an unhappy ending.

• Upvote 1

Amidst the decommits that we've had this recruiting season, I think we are going to say that we made out on top by getting Wylie Reinhardt to flip from Texas State in a few years.

I have a feeling that he ends up flipping to defensive line and becoming a monster. I'd trade Reinhardt, whether he stays at tight end or not, for Antoine and Medina. We are deep enough at receiver, cornerback, and linebacker short term and long run in my opinion.

• Upvote 1