Mean Green Bridge Survey

Harry

Please take a moment to complete this survey on how aesthetically you would like to see the UNT pedestrian bridge to be completed. I would never try to influence a vote because that would be wrong but if you would ask them to light that sucker up with neon and make it stand out in a classy way for all who drive through it I would appreciate it! Thanks to greenrex for finding this!

https://unt.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_8GKzOk7jwgwtZqJ

Please take a moment to complete this survey on how aesthetically you would like to see the UNT pedestrian bridge to be completed. I would never try to influence a vote because that would be wrong but if you would ask them to light that sucker up with neon and make it stand out in a classy way for all who drive through it I would appreciate it! Thanks to greenrex for finding this!

https://unt.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_8GKzOk7jwgwtZqJ

As someone who used to frequent Vegas on a near monthly basis, this is the first time in my life I've ever seen neon and classy together in the same sentence.

• Upvote 1

LOL true ...my main thought is they have a chance to get peoples attention at a MAJOR location where there is a lot of traffic and they should try to make good use of it without appearing cheesy...

This is not the time for some artsy fartsy symbols that have deep meaning but no one can understand or see.

It could become a Legacy Bridge. Attractive plantings and trees as necessary and commemorative plaques placed along the way to honor those who have brought pride and recognition to our school. I am not familiar with the construction but it seems these things could be attached to the rafters in a visually tasteful way as well as incorporated in the landscape. Perhaps there could be a portion of this space dedicated to those grads who have given their lives in service to our country. But wait, that's not all...How about reserving some of this space for the purpose of selling little personalized plaques for all of us to show our thanks/pride.

• Upvote 2

Neon is back and can be very classy if done tastefully. I say incorporate a neon Scrappy on the north side and I mean the REAL Scrappy. The skinny, traditional Scrappy Scrappy. He is our only real icon and his image is both currently appropriate as a fighting underdog and ,for our older alumni, a nice remembrance of things past. We have traditions if we would just USE them.

This is more of a start a tradition thing, but how about painting an eagle's claw with green epoxy and white glittery aggregate starting on the bridge and leading down to the stadium. One claw footprint for each win at Apogee Stadium. Start next season with 7 for the first 7 games that have already been won. Each time the team wins at home they get to add another claw footprint. It would take years to complete, but it could be the start of a tradition. They could put the date and the score of each home win. Players can take pride in every claw they put down knowing it will be there for years to come. Years from now they can point to games they won and tell their kids they won it right here in this stadium. Just a thought.

• Upvote 1

And who is going to read all of this stuff, going 65-70+ miles per hour? Think of billboard advertising and keep it simple and to the point. Let them know where they are passing though. Mean Green Country, or a North Texas with the stylized Eagle. Put green LED lights on it that people can see from a distance; create some interest in what's ahead.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 4

Just......................University of North Texas with an interchangeable "This Is Mean Green Country" in large letters so it can be seen from a distance.

Even large bronze letters like at our main entrance sign would look dignified during the day then.....have some kind of lights like we have on the side of Apogee Stadium at night.

Logos? Well, remember when the next new regime moves onto campus they will undoubtedly change our eagle logo and shade of green so I wouldn't even go there with this bridge.

Commuters are moving too fast to read a moving message sign overhead and that could be as dangerous as text-messaging or punching in numbers on a cell phone as you drive.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Something simple like "Mean Green Country" should be on the bridge. Also, they should always have green lights on it, but they should figure out something "extra" (lighting wise) for games that we won. Not everyone goes over to the Administration building to see the lighting of the tower after a win.

Very solid ideas. I like both suggestions.

And who is going to read all of this stuff, going 65-70+ miles per hour? Think of billboard advertising and keep it simple and to the point. Let them know where they are passing though. Mean Green Country, or a North Texas with the stylized Eagle. Put green LED lights on it that people can see from a distance; create some interest in what's ahead.

On the sides of the bridge I agree. Something like MEAN GREEN NATION with an eagle's head on each side facing in.

The eagle footprints would be painted on the sidewalk leading to the stadium. Each footprint = a victory at Apogee. It's more of starting a team tradition with the victory noted inside the footprint. I know it would take years for there to be enough home wins to get the footprints to lead all the way to the stadium. It might add extra motivation for players to build a home field advantage knowing that each victory will be noted there for years to come. We already have 7 wins in the new stadium. Each year that team gets to add some more footprints.