Kahlee Woods (Sherman) to be in town this weekend

Harry

We are getting down to crunch time in the recruiting season. There are two weekends left until national signing day. A lot of schools are bringing in the best prospects left on their boards to fill the last two or three spots in their classes.

UNT is no different and will have one of the nations top linebackers in town in Shermans Kahlee Woods. Sherman head coach Gary Joe Kinne confirmed late this morning that Woods is set to take an official visit to the school beginning Friday.

Rivals.com has Woods rated No. 43 on its list of the best inside linebackers in the Class of 2013, while ESPN has him rated No. 21 at his position.

He is an ideal linebacker as far as height, weight speed and athleticism, Kinne said. He is a good run defender, can run and defend the pass and is very durable. He has started 40 straight games and never missed a game or a practice.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/01/key-prospect-to-be-in-town-this-weekend.html/

"“I might commit, I just might commit. That’s the best competition in college football in the last seven years and that’s where the championships come from. I like playing against the best that I can compete against. I’m real big on competition."

I've been saying for a while just this. Kids know which conference is playing big boy football.

The best "competition" that lost more games to the worst Confrence in the country,SBC, this past season lol

Doesn't sound like we will get Dean but then again, diddnt think we would get Loving either and look how that turned out

It's your opinion if you don't think they are best or if you think they are overrated. It is fact, however, that they have won seven straight national championships.

fixed.

Ha, nice. But I think the fact that they have won every game speaks towards the validity of it.

If they were crowned at the end of the regular season than I might say it is mythical, but the fact that they have had to beat the team ranked #1 or #2 every year is the closest way to validate the championships. Bottom line is seven straight wins in bowl games of that magnitude or no fluke.

Thank the good lord for the future playoff system, but I think people will always complain that the system is flawed.

Espn has an article on the Woods visit. Said he had a good time and liked the family atmosphere. Gave the visit a 10 overall. Still has a visit to tech, but no offer yet. That means he is not their first option...hope he realizes it.

Guess that means we didn't get a commitment from him though. Cross your fingers he doesn't get offered next week by Tech