I want some answers

mgfan

Let me see if I fully understand.

1)We should show up to get our answers.

2)It's well established that RV won't "throw Benford under the bus" and that Benford is not going to publicly admit "hey, I'm lost here". So, basically, the only real insight that we could possibly be there to get it not gonna be forthcoming. I can listen to "We really gotta defend the three better" or "It's hard with the injuries we've suffered" from the comfort of home. They won't mention just what crimes these players are committing that keep them from playing, they won't openly admit to pre-game practices (though a player's relative conceded as much), and they're surely not gonna admit to internal discord betwwen this coaching hire and the kids (you know, the ones we'd rather persecute than the grown men paid to teach them). So, tell me Kram, what exactly is there to ask?

3)You readily admit to being "too busy" to attend these basketball coach's shows. So, having a life outside of MG functions is apparently a valid excuse. Guess the fact that others may work on Mondays slipped your mind before your flippant "the highways are open" comment?

4)And you're absolutely crazy if you think that mic wouldn't be powered off mid sentence when/if somebody stepped up there to ask "Coach, you were given a roster that many nationally thought was loaded. At worst they're Sun Belt title contender worthy...we saw that just last year. How have you managed to drastically underperform with this team?" Yeah, I see that getting a real honest answer. Don't you?

5)Finally, perhaps you've missed the real point behind what many are complaining about (shocked). A Q&A session is only worthwhile if both sides feel that there is an earnest attempt to be forthcoming with information and be, wait for it, accountable. Many feel that there is nothing more than spin coming out of Bonnie Brae these days and that mistakes like this one are not going to be acknowledged regardless of the poor product (see Dodge circa 2007 all the way to 2011). Now THAT, my friend, is wishful thinking.

Sounds like some great excuses for not showing up and asking the questions. Nicely played.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

Hey Bro, Good Luck getting answers!!! I've posted my thoughts long before your post all but Daring RV to do the right thing and fire Benford! I did this soon after the season start like many others. I gave many reason why RV should have the "guts" to do what is/was necessary to save UNT Men's BB program before we're thrown back into the "ice ages" of losing men's BB.

Several posters told me to stop wasting my breath. Reluctantly I've had to take their advice (after mentally beating myself into submission)! RV and the administration are the only ones with the power to change anything and they're not going to in time for this team to be successful with Tony Mitchell still here to lead or be the centerpoint of our team.

This means they've given up on our team too. Looks like they're willing to take the PR hit and believe that some future coach or affilation with CUSA will allow for a program turnaround that will probably never happen or take 5 to 30 years.

I've started following LSU BB because I'm so angery, and frustrated by what I've seen take place with our men's BB team. I'm going to save myself the grief. RV or someone many years down the line will/can fix this situation, but it may never happen.

I live in Houston or I gurantee you I'd ask the question(s) that need to be asked! Would I be given an honest anwser as to why there's a huge pink elephant in the middle of the living room, Fat chance!!!!

Go on looking for anwsers if you wish. Sadly, you already have the anwsers you seek, you just don't have any power to change the situation!!! Clearly the Man, or group of men that can change things won't until Hell frezee's over, or they've choosen to wait until all the water evaporates from the thaw after the Freeze.

• Upvote 2

Let me see if I fully understand.

1)We should show up to get our answers.

2)It's well established that RV won't "throw Benford under the bus" and that Benford is not going to publicly admit "hey, I'm lost here". So, basically, the only real insight that we could possibly be there to get it not gonna be forthcoming. I can listen to "We really gotta defend the three better" or "It's hard with the injuries we've suffered" from the comfort of home. They won't mention just what crimes these players are committing that keep them from playing, they won't openly admit to pre-game practices (though a player's relative conceded as much), and they're surely not gonna admit to internal discord betwwen this coaching hire and the kids (you know, the ones we'd rather persecute than the grown men paid to teach them). So, tell me Kram, what exactly is there to ask?

3)You readily admit to being "too busy" to attend these basketball coach's shows. So, having a life outside of MG functions is apparently a valid excuse. Guess the fact that others may work on Mondays slipped your mind before your flippant "the highways are open" comment?

4)And you're absolutely crazy if you think that mic wouldn't be powered off mid sentence when/if somebody stepped up there to ask "Coach, you were given a roster that many nationally thought was loaded. At worst they're Sun Belt title contender worthy...we saw that just last year. How have you managed to drastically underperform with this team?" Yeah, I see that getting a real honest answer. Don't you?

5)Finally, perhaps you've missed the real point behind what many are complaining about (shocked). A Q&A session is only worthwhile if both sides feel that there is an earnest attempt to be forthcoming with information and be, wait for it, accountable. Many feel that there is nothing more than spin coming out of Bonnie Brae these days and that mistakes like this one are not going to be acknowledged regardless of the poor product (see Dodge circa 2007 all the way to 2011). Now THAT, my friend, is wishful thinking.

"Coach, with an older, deeper, and more talented roster than last year, how do you explain the team's lack of results on the court?"

That's how you ask a question like that.

• Upvote 5

Sounds like some great excuses for not showing up and asking the questions. Nicely played.

I'll be sure to let my superiors know that my being assigned to work is frowned upon by UNT athetics' resident unpaid mouthpiece. I'm sure they'll get right on allowing me to show up so that I can ask the tough penetrating questions.

Tell me, since you believe that NOBODY should be fired for lack of performance...if DPD decides to let me go because I didn't show up to work, will you pump some sunshine up their asses on my behalf? I know, why don't you suggest to them that I was underperforming because they didn't throw more money at me? You know, a few of them are NT grads. Don't miss your chance to tell them how our sports teams are underperforming because they're not writing checks.

Oooor, you could finally come to the realization that a great many people are frustrated...don't give a rat's ass about your browbeating...and will continue to vent on a FAN MESSAGE BOARD, despite your silly protestations.

I don't respond to you because I dislike you. I think you're swell. Silly, but swell. I respond because it amuses me to see you perpetually trot out the same company line as if an "S" is gonna magically appear on your chest and you'll get a cookie at the next quarterly meeting (those still happen, right?). You're a caricature, a sadly skewed depiction of a cheerleader chanting to an empty stadium.

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

I'll be sure to let my superiors know that my being assigned to work is frowned upon by UNT athetics' resident unpaid mouthpiece. I'm sure they'll get right on allowing me to show up so that I can ask the tough penetrating questions.

Tell me, since you believe that NOBODY should be fired for lack of performance...if DPD decides to let me go because I didn't show up to work, will you pump some sunshine up their asses on my behalf? I know, why don't you suggest to them that I was underperforming because they didn't throw more money at me? You know, a few of them are NT grads. Don't miss your chance to tell them how our sports teams are underperforming because they're not writing checks.

Oooor, you could finally come to the realization that a great many people are frustrated...don't give a rat's ass about your browbeating...and will continue to vent on a FAN MESSAGE BOARD, despite your silly protestations.

I don't respond to you because I dislike you. I think you're swell. Silly, but swell. I respond because it amuses me to see you perpetually trot out the same company line as if an "S" is gonna magically appear on your chest and you'll get a cookie at the next quarterly meeting (those still happen, right?). You're a caricature, a sadly skewed depiction of a cheerleader chanting to an empty stadium.

Well, that's swell, Sarge...some day I might start caring what you think. Keep making excuses for all the folks who have nothing better to do but complain to those who don't care and can do zero about it in the first place. If you want to make excuses for all of them, fine. Maybe you should bake them some cookies along with the ladies of 911. Am sure you would be te hit of the pity party.

Anyway, carry on with the line you seem so bent on carrying...even if it is far from original. I appreciate the attention, but would like to see something new and original. It is getting a bit lame. You can do better, right? I keep asking you to get a new line, but seems you need to wait until one of the other pity party gang comes up with one so you can parrot away. But, keep playing...some folks might be listening...they must be, right?

Oh, and no.....I doubt they would fire their cookie baking 911 Sarge if you made a Coach Show once in awhile. Heck, they would have to promote a police cadet to take your place. Smile, this belittling stuff is fun, right? Since you enjoy throwing it out so much, thought you might like the other side as well. Me, not so good at it....I guess it takes practice and you have lots of that in the bag lately.

I think you are swell too...a bit immature, but swell none the less.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

How do you figure that? Haven't read anything immature in any post I've seen of his.

Well, then you just aren't paying attention, cannot read, cannot comprehend what is written or simply don't care and just want to support the Sarge's position. Fine. No problem. Happy you are happy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I think we can all agree no one is happy about this season thus far. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer much less THE answer. Benford knows this is his big chance, and he probably sees it fading away. He may be a career assistant. Sports history is full of great assistants that flubbed their chance as the head coach. I am certain RV has had several meetings with Benford. I would be disappointed in him if he were to post information about them on the web. In my career, I have had several bosses inform me of some problems. They were handled in a professional confidential manner. I was taught in my classes at NTSU to handle problems with people under me in the same way. I think we have to play out the remainder of the season and then evaluate and determine our direction from there.