Nick Orr

cdizzle86

• 4 months later...

It would warm my heart if we could keep Terry and his wife and family in our tailgate and at events. They are really good people and fun to hang out with!

As a die hard Redskin fan , you have to introduce me !! Can't believe I missed him & Rickey Sanders last year in Houston

I would assume He will also be at the UGA game since he is from the area

• Upvote 1

As a die hard Redskin fan , you have to introduce me !! Can't believe I missed him & Rickey Sanders last year in Houston

I would assume He will also be at the UGA game since he is from the area

Will do. Man you should have been at the Houston game last year - UNT90 and I got to meet his good buddy Ricky Sanders who set some Superbowl records I believe...just an amazing player and nice guy.

Will do. Man you should have been at the Houston game last year - UNT90 and I got to meet his good buddy Ricky Sanders who set some Superbowl records I believe...just an amazing player and nice guy.

Oh I was there. Just walked around for ever trying to find the UNT tailgate area.. By the time we made it , it was nearly kick off

• Upvote 1

Great guys, both of them. You missed a fun time, 03. Stop by on Aug 31. Mr. and Mrs. Orr usually get there about 3 hours before game time.

• Upvote 1

Mac jokingly said tonight he has already offered all Orr brothers a scholarship. Zach, btw, apparently scores between a 3.5-3.8 each semester.

If I heard Coach Mac correctly, Zachary scored a 3.85 this semester. His partner in crime, Derek Akunne, scored a 4.0. Pretty savvy linebacker duo.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hopefully his family will remind him that the chance to make a difference and move a program up is better than fighting for a chance to get off the bench elsewhere.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There are other defensive backs of similar quality to Nick Orr. Maybe not better, but close. But, none of those would have quite the impact that our favorite would have.

First, it would indelibly etch the name 'Orr' in UNT history. I believe that Zachary Orr is a shoo-in for the North Texas Hall of Fame and Nick Orr could give us the first brother combination that I can recall. I believe that he's that good.

Second, a Nick Orr verbal could stimulate others to commit to the Mean Green. If other recruits see that Nick "believes in the Mean Green" it could easily encourage them to make up their mind.

Finally, I would like to think (although I know it won't) that it would discourage the TCUs, Techs, Okie States, etc. that they do a disservice by coming in with last minute offerings, get an acceptance, and have the player see little action. I believe that this coaching staff is capable of producing NFL-quality players; given the talent to work with.

I'm with Gray on this one. Kind of like I mentioned above...hopefully our transfers from L-ville, UT, Purdue, etc. will make at least a little bit of an impact, which will provide a perfect example to guys like Orr that signing up with us gives them a chance to make a difference, instead of being a face in the crowd in one of the big programs.

One counter to Vito assertion that Zach graduating could affect the decision, and putting the NFL issue aside, what if Zach was ultimately given a graduate coaching position at UNT? That might keep the family together.

There are other defensive backs of similar quality to Nick Orr. Maybe not better, but close. But, none of those would have quite the impact that our favorite would have.

First, it would indelibly etch the name 'Orr' in UNT history. I believe that Zachary Orr is a shoo-in for the North Texas Hall of Fame and Nick Orr could give us the first brother combination that I can recall. I believe that he's that good.

Second, a Nick Orr verbal could stimulate others to commit to the Mean Green. If other recruits see that Nick "believes in the Mean Green" it could easily encourage them to make up their mind.

Finally, I would like to think (although I know it won't) that it would discourage the TCUs, Techs, Okie States, etc. that they do a disservice by coming in with last minute offerings, get an acceptance, and have the player see little action. I believe that this coaching staff is capable of producing NFL-quality players; given the talent to work with.

I really don't think a June offer prior to the player's senior year qualifies as "coming in with last minute offerings."

I hope we land Nick (mainly for football, but also to keep the Orr's in our tailgating crew), but every kid in this part of the country grows up wanting to play in the Big 12 or the SEC. Nick has that opportunity.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I really don't think a June offer prior to the player's senior year qualifies as "coming in with last minute offerings."

I hope we land Nick (mainly for football, but also to keep the Orr's in our tailgating crew), but every kid in this part of the country grows up wanting to play ride the bench in the Big 12 or the SEC. Nick has that opportunity.

Heheh. The more it's proven true, the better it is for us.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Heheh. The more it's proven true, the better it is for us.

No athlete getting offers for these conferences think that they won't be a star. They have been a star all through high school, and see no reason it won't continue in college. If they didn't have that confidence, they wouldn't have B12 and SEC offers.

Plus, they are kids, and tend to think the way it is now is the way it will always be.

• Upvote 1