Nick Orr

cdizzle86

Chris was actually a junior this year and wore #35 as well. A lot can happen between now and next season but he is no where near the player Zach was in HS or size as you mentioned. I think Desmon White is also a soft verbal to TCU.

Oh wow. For some reason I thought he was a sophomore. Yeah, at the very least it would be cool to see him walkon. But still hoping that we can convince Nick to come play here.

I think Desmon just has that special play making ability that the coaches would find ways to use him if he switched his commitment.

I think he and Nick would be huge steals from TCU and it would help solidify our place as a team they have to reckon with when it comes to recruiting the metroplex. TCU, even after their down season, is still the premier destination for recruits to stay in this area because they are in the big 12. If we can continue to have success like last season we will keep gaining ground.

I think once Ivery committed that sealed the playmaker/athlete spot. White is a good player, but we just have more pressing needs with limited spots than athlete.

I think ultimately the fact that we are a public school vs. TCU and SMU being private schools will put us over the top.

• Upvote 2

I think once Ivery committed that sealed the playmaker/athlete spot. White is a good player, but we just have more pressing needs with limited spots than athlete.

I think ultimately the fact that we are a public school vs. TCU and SMU being private schools will put us over the top.

Good point on Ivery. Bottom line winning will be what puts us over the top against TCU and SMU. As long as we are continually competitive I can see the public school factor helping. If the team regresses in the next few years public vs private won't matter.

Good point on Ivery. Bottom line winning will be what puts us over the top against TCU and SMU. As long as we are continually competitive I can see the public school factor helping. If the team regresses in the next few years public vs private won't matter.

The public school component helps tremendously in terms of walk ons. Our walk-on program has and continues to churn out quality D-I players ie Sarge, Kirby, Buyers etc..

I'm pretty sure we recruited Ivery as a RB, and I assume as an every-down type RB. I don't really see him and White competing for PT at the same position.

I'm pretty sure we recruited Ivery as a RB, and I assume as an every-down type RB. I don't really see him and White competing for PT at the same position.

It's more for the return game and the fact that White would probably get handoffs out of the slot and be utilized in the pass game. Ivery can do both of those things in addition to being more of a running back with being about 2 inches taller and about 15-20 lbs heavier. Also having two legitimate outside receivers committed in Tee Goree and 6'5" O'Keeron Rutherford allows us to put Fonzale in the slot. Fonzale shouldn't have to play an undersized outside receiver like Brelan did because of those guys along with Kidsy on the outside. Not to mention having another solid slot in Jalen Adams committed.

Basically we have the outside receiver position covered which allows us to have the inside receiver position covered by Davis and Adams. Ivery then covers the return ability that White could've brought. Only thing White can do on a football field that those guys can't is throw the football IMO.

The Dez White ship has sailed with us. As has been said, White's scholarship was given to Ivery. I bet we would make room for Orr though.

And just because a recruiting service lists an offer from a certain school it does not mean that offer is still good. It just means that at one time that school offered a scholarship. Many scholarship offers (including ours) have expiration dates on them (the better the recruit the longer the expiration date) They also can have stipulations that if you visit another school the offer is void, etc. There is a lot of value to coaches getting those firm commitments from kids so they can spend time and resources on other recruits or tasks.

Dez is not good enough to spurn us and then get his 'ship back although he could be offered greyshirt preferred walk-on. But I don't see that happening.

• Upvote 1

I can't imagine us not making room for Nick Orr. As for Desmon White, I don't think he's a better receiver than any of our receiver commits and I don't think he would be a better return man than Ivery or Fonzale.

I am not as big a fan of Nick Orr as everyone else. Saw him get beat too many times and not make tackles against bigger receivers. Allen is state champs because their receiver got 5 yards behind Orr and Howard Wilson (La Tech) with Desoto up by 15 with 7 minutes to play. That turned the momentum around.

As for White, who probably want sign with us, would have played some wildcat QB for us but probably not in the Big 12 at TCU. He would be a defensive coordinator's nightmare not knowing if he would run or pass. He would certainly be the best running QB on our roster. Orr is a dime a dozen. Fonzale has had very limited return action. (kickoffs or punt returns)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am not as big a fan of Nick Orr as everyone else. Saw him get beat too many times and not make tackles against bigger receivers. Allen is state champs because their receiver got 5 yards behind Orr and Howard Wilson (La Tech) with Desoto up by 15 with 7 minutes to play. That turned the momentum around.

As for White, who probably want sign with us, would have played some wildcat QB for us but probably not in the Big 12 at TCU. He would be a defensive coordinator's nightmare not knowing if he would run or pass. He would certainly be the best running QB on our roster. Orr is a dime a dozen. Fonzale has had very limited return action. (kickoffs or punt returns)

Orr is not this out-of-the-world prospect but he's much more polished than the d-backs we have committed.

I think Ivery would be more of the return guy in this class, since White may have been asked to do that role. I think Fonzale should be given a chance to try and return at least kickoffs, because he reads his blocks very well and has very good vision.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree on White's ability to play qb on a D1 level, regardless of conference. 5'6" is just too short, save for maybe a wildcat play or two. 6'0" qbs are undersized but can get it done. Qbs who are half a foot shorter than guys who are undersized is just too much IMO.

• Upvote 3