Nick Orr

cdizzle86

If winning is the last thing holding us back then why would us having a good season and making a bowl game matter in our recruiting efforts to flip Nick Orr?

I meant "last thing" as in final piece that is needed. Everything else is in place.

Antione, woods, and dean were stolen at the very end for the 2013 class. A chance to play early on a winning team would make a huge difference at the end of this year.

• Upvote 1

*face-to-desk*

We just cannot recruit right now. We're just losing out to every TCU and SMU offer...I can't even blame Mac right now. We just need to win. Every other Texas school in our vicinity is hitting their stride...we're busy battling with UTSA and San Marcos Party College for Dudebros for 2 and 1 star athletes.

I think that is why Mac is just hoarding all the transfers.

Our recruiting will be even worse next year if we go 4-8/5-7 again.

It's just, why go to UNT if you get an offer from TCU or SMU (and you don't care about fans, or douchey daddy's boys)?

You are hitting on my big issue with SMU and to a lessor extent with TCU since they are now in the Big 12...

I can understand when a kid like Sam Rice from Coppell jumps on an SMU offer...for that matter any of the upper level suburb schools.. reason is many students from those schools can AFFORD to attend SMU...so yeah sure if you come from an environment where a lot of your peers and their parents have a connection with a school it makes sense. Most people I know can't or won't drop 50K on their kids education...Me personally I would rather put that money in a kids house downpayment, savings account etc...

What I don't get is the inner city kids whose peer group rarely sets foot on the SMU campus and most certainly doesn't fit in with the student body there, financially or socially...that's where I would like to think our diversity card could be better played. Dickey and Evans etc used to play that pretty well. Of course, SMU, Baylor etc were down during much of their time here...

I think sometime UNT has a hard time defining its niche to the recruits...is it a small town or a big town --- is it diverse or segmented -- to redefine your image you have to understand what you are and what you offer. And you don't have to be negative but you certainly can point out what makes you different from SMU...

The good news is Dickey and others constantly had to overcome the facility battle and those days are over.

I meant "last thing" as in final piece that is needed. Everything else is in place.

Antione, woods, and dean were stolen at the very end for the 2013 class. A chance to play early on a winning team would make a huge difference at the end of this year.

I completely agree. It's the final thing we need but also the most important thing.

Something else that would come with winning is a buzz around campus. About 75% of our students would simply say "our football team sucks" if asked about our football team. Most probably couldn't name more than 3 or 4 players on the team.

If we win and get a buzz going around campus then the football players would feel the love as big men on campus. Football players at schools like A&M, Texas, and TCU are treated as semi-celebrities (no not just Johnny Manziel). Whether you like athletes being on-campus celebrities, the recruits love that idea.

I remember the morning after Jimmerson won the LaLa game on national TV with our play of the year, I saw him walk into the Union past plenty of students and none even acknowledged him. No "hey man, great play" or "way to go Jimmerson" statements. That's something that has to change and I hope will with more winning.

• Upvote 2

He was just waiting to see if we were going to offer and our staff liked what they saw.

I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so.

*catches breath*

I told you so.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

I hope the young man made the right decision for him. He obviously didn't encounter DB's like Froggystyle on his recruiting visit. Anyway, I will choose to believe Cooley's scouting report. He see's many more high school games than many coaches and is usually pretty spot on with his assessments.

From someone who has seen N. Orr several times, he ain't Zach Orr!!! Year after year there are kids that receive multiple offers and sign above their ability. Nick maybe this kid in 2014.

First of all, he has played safety for the past 2 years exclusively. To get meaningful playing time, he will have to convert over to corner. Soaking wet, he maybe 165 pounds. Kid is generally in the area but often does not make the plays. I get all the excitement about potentially getting another Zach Orr but Nick is only an Orr in name only. Get back with me in 2-4 years.

He was just waiting to see if we were going to offer and our staff liked what they saw.

I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so.

*catches breath*

I told you so.

Now this is how you troll. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

*catches breath*

I told you so.

Let's be honest. That's not why you're having a hard time breathing.

• Upvote 2

Good luck Nick. We will miss you around the tailgate on Saturdays. Hell, we will miss the whole Orr family, as they will have another location to be at on Saturday afternoons after this year. But they are always welcome to come back when we play on Thursdays, TCU off week, or if they are just missing Tony's balls, John's pressed Cuban sandwiches, or Victor's pulled pork. I know I'll miss the catfish tailgate.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Good luck Nick. We will miss you around the tailgate on Saturdays. Hell, we will miss the whole Orr family, as they will have another location to be at on Saturday afternoons after this year. But they are always welcome to come back when we play on Thursdays, TCU off week, or if they are just missing Tony's balls, John's pressed Cuban sandwiches, or Victor's pulled pork. I know I'll miss the catfish tailgate.

Well...be still my heart...a somewhat positive post from UNT90 for a change...a welcome break from the constant "all bad UNT all the time". I knew that you really had not joined the "hater crowd" for eternity. More like the UNT90 we all know and appreciate.

Well done...well done. Finally a reason to use a +1 on one of your posts...no, I don't use many -1's on your posts, but sure have not used many +1's recently either. Thank you...thank you! :-)

• Upvote 1

Well...be still my heart...a somewhat positive post from UNT90 for a change...a welcome break from the constant "all bad UNT all the time". I knew that you really had not joined the "hater crowd" for eternity. More like the UNT90 we all know and appreciate.

Well done...well done. Finally a reason to use a +1 on one of your posts...no, I don't use many -1's on your posts, but sure have not used many +1's recently either. Thank you...thank you! :-)

If we win some damn football games this year, you'll see positive UNT90 re-emerge. Hell, you may even see the younger Mr. Orr re-think his commitment to TCU (or maybe not).

But, we need to win some damn football games.

• 6 months later...

I think there is another Orr after Nick. fingers crossed on both

Yeah, one started at MLB for DeSoto this year as a sophomore. He's a little undersized but I hope we get in on him early. He's about the same size Zach was as a high school sophomore, but Zach was actually on JV as a sophomore. Let's just get both of them.
  • Upvote 1

Nick still showing up as a soft TCU verbal...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/tcu/football/recruiting/player-Nick-Orr-131743

Man I wish there was a way to keep him and the Orr family home. I will miss Terry and his entire family being a part...

Terry doesn't want to go to TCU games, come on Nick make your pops happy!

• Upvote 1

Yeah, one started at MLB for DeSoto this year as a sophomore. He's a little undersized but I hope we get in on him early. He's about the same size Zach was as a high school sophomore, but Zach was actually on JV as a sophomore. Let's just get both of them.

Chris was actually a junior this year and wore #35 as well. A lot can happen between now and next season but he is no where near the player Zach was in HS or size as you mentioned. I think Desmon White is also a soft verbal to TCU.

Chris was actually a junior this year and wore #35 as well. A lot can happen between now and next season but he is no where near the player Zach was in HS or size as you mentioned. I think Desmon White is also a soft verbal to TCU.

I get the impression White is a soft verbal to TCU only if a UT or OU come calling...

Nick still showing up as a soft TCU verbal...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/tcu/football/recruiting/player-Nick-Orr-131743

Man I wish there was a way to keep him and the Orr family home. I will miss Terry and his entire family being a part...

Right there with you, Harry.

It will be a sad 1st tailgate without the Orrs. Many good memories from the last 3 years. A very classy family with 4 great kids. I was hoping Chris or Nick would come to UNT just for the leadership and example that they would set for their teammates. Very respectful young men who are very grounded.

Zach graduated in December and I'm sure will be concentrating on preparing for pre-draft camps, but I hope we have a game on his off-week that is a TCU off week so the whole Orr family can make a glorious tailgate return to UNT.

Nick Orr and Desmond White may be soft verbals to TCU, but do we have a place for them in our class should they choose to go in another direction? It appears we are focused on DL with the remaining scholarships.

I can't imagine us not making room for Nick Orr. As for Desmon White, I don't think he's a better receiver than any of our receiver commits and I don't think he would be a better return man than Ivery or Fonzale.

I can't imagine us not making room for Nick Orr. As for Desmon White, I don't think he's a better receiver than any of our receiver commits and I don't think he would be a better return man than Ivery or Fonzale.

I think Desmon just has that special play making ability that the coaches would find ways to use him if he switched his commitment.

I think he and Nick would be huge steals from TCU and it would help solidify our place as a team they have to reckon with when it comes to recruiting the metroplex. TCU, even after their down season, is still the premier destination for recruits to stay in this area because they are in the big 12. If we can continue to have success like last season we will keep gaining ground.

Edited by meangreen15