Lehigh Game Promotion!

Harry

On behalf of the entire Athletic Department, we want to wish you and yours a very happy and safe holiday season.

Through a holiday gift provided by a generous University supporter, we have a "Secret Santa" that wants you to attend this Thursday's Mean Green basketball game against Lehigh.

This game features two of the best college basketball players in the nation; our own Tony Mitchell, a preseason All-American, and the Mountainhawks' C.J. McCollum - who leads the nation in scoring. There are already over 50 professional scouts coming to see this clash of great talent. By going to the following link and requesting up to four complimentary tickets to the game we will make it easy for you to be there.

www.MeanGreenSports.com/SecretSanta

Hopefully, in between your busy work and home schedule, you have been able to come and enjoy our teams in competition in the last year. We have had many success stories in 2012: another winning season at home at Apogee Stadium and terrific attendance, women's soccer won another conference title and advanced to the NCAA Championships, women's volleyball won another SBC West Division title and played for the conference championship, men's golf claimed a league title and our women's track and field program also won a conference championship!

We can't wait to see you on Thursday at the Super Pit for a great pre-Christmas basketball game between your Mean Green and the Mountainhawks of Lehigh! If you have any questions, please call the ticket office at 940-565-2527 or 1-800-UNT-2366.

Thanks and Happy Holidays from my staff - and our "Secret Santa"!

Rick Villarreal

Director of Athletics
University of North Texas

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=205832825

This post has been promoted to an article

Good idea. Glad to see the athletic dept. being proactive here and trying to get some folks in for this game while the students are out on break, etc.

Thanks to the "secret Santa" who stepped up to help. I hope lots of folks take them up on this offer...just another benefit to being a Mean green Club member.

"Membership has its privileges" ....smile!

• Upvote 4

On behalf of the entire Athletic Department, we want to wish you and yours a very happy and safe holiday season.

Through a holiday gift provided by a generous University supporter, we have a "Secret Santa" that wants you to attend this Thursday's Mean Green basketball game against Lehigh.

This game features two of the best college basketball players in the nation; our own Tony Mitchell, a preseason All-American, and the Mountainhawks' C.J. McCollum - who leads the nation in scoring. There are already over 50 professional scouts coming to see this clash of great talent. By going to the following link and requesting up to four complimentary tickets to the game we will make it easy for you to be there.

www.MeanGreenSports.com/SecretSanta

Hopefully, in between your busy work and home schedule, you have been able to come and enjoy our teams in competition in the last year. We have had many success stories in 2012: another winning season at home at Apogee Stadium and terrific attendance, women's soccer won another conference title and advanced to the NCAA Championships, women's volleyball won another SBC West Division title and played for the conference championship, men's golf claimed a league title and our women's track and field program also won a conference championship!

We can't wait to see you on Thursday at the Super Pit for a great pre-Christmas basketball game between your Mean Green and the Mountainhawks of Lehigh! If you have any questions, please call the ticket office at 940-565-2527 or 1-800-UNT-2366.

Thanks and Happy Holidays from my staff - and our "Secret Santa"!

Rick Villarreal

Director of Athletics

University of North Texas

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=205832825

Harry, I think "promotion" is the wrong word here. This is a donation. It appears a supporter bought these tickets and donated them to Mean Green Club members.

Perhaps the thread title should be changed?

Just sayin...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Harry, I think "promotion" is the wrong word here. This is a donation. It appears a supporter bought these tickets and donated them to Mean Green Club members.

Perhaps the thread title should be changed?

Just sayin...

Translation.

"While our crack promotions team didn't actually put anything together for this game, we had someone donate money and we're gonna take what we can get here"

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

Good idea. Glad to see the athletic dept. being proactive here and trying to get some folks in for this game while the students are out on break, etc.

Thanks to the "secret Santa" who stepped up to help. I hope lots of folks take them up on this offer...just another benefit to being a Mean green Club member.

"Membership has its privileges" ....smile!

While I know its good to promote the MGC as much as possible, I do not believe this offer is exclusive to members.

I'm approved for getting four free tickets for friends who wouldn't normally go, and I'm still a student....

• Upvote 1

While I know its good to promote the MGC as much as possible, I do not believe this offer is exclusive to members.

I'm approved for getting four free tickets for friends who wouldn't normally go, and I'm still a student....

You are correct. This has nothing to do with MGC and I seriously doubt it has anything to do with a secret donor who wants us there so bad that he bought a huge batch of tickets. This has to do with the AD realizing that tickets sold is going to be an issue and they are doing anything they can to stop the inevitable from occurring.... a very low turnout rate for such a highly touted (in the preseason) matchup. Desperation hidden under the guise of charitable giving. The same play I would make in similar circumstances.

You are correct. This has nothing to do with MGC and I seriously doubt it has anything to do with a secret donor who wants us there so bad that he bought a huge batch of tickets. This has to do with the AD realizing that tickets sold is going to be an issue and they are doing anything they can to stop the inevitable from occurring.... a very low turnout rate for such a highly touted (in the preseason) matchup. Desperation hidden under the guise of charitable giving. The same play I would make in similar circumstances.

• Upvote 1

Sad really. This is a game I penciled in at the beginning of the year as seeing 6, maybe 7K + in attendance. Now we have to give tickets away just make the pit look half full. Another P.O.S performance and I bet this is the last home game that we see over 2,000 for a long time

P.S : im glad someone stepped up , its just sad that it's already coming to this

#rantover

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1

You might read me wrong... I am all for the give away its just that with accepting that we are doing one on such a large scale (4 tickets a piece) it also spells out the state of affairs. If we had sold 5k in advance then you know damn well we wouldn't give away anything due to the fact that our walkup could fill the place.

You consider giving away tickets a promotion?

Yep...people buy concessions, people buy shirts, hats, etc.,people see the team...people might just come back and buy tickets. I call that a promotion. You are welcome to call it whatever you wish. I'm just guessing, but it will probably be something negative.

• Upvote 1

Yep...people buy concessions, people buy shirts, hats, etc.,people see the team...people might just come back and buy tickets. I call that a promotion. You are welcome to call it whatever you wish. I'm just guessing, but it will probably be something negative.
People have seen and heard about this team, that's why we have to give away tickets.
  • Upvote 3