UNT commit Sergio Medina Highlight Video

Harry

He has a nose for the ball all right. Don't really like that most of his tackles are up around the shoulder pads though. That won't work on the D1 level. That's something that can be corrected with the proper coaching. Welcome aboard Sergio!

I noticed that as well, but yes, hopefully coaching can correct it. Makes good reads though.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like Sergio and his nose for the ball. He stays high and has great upper body strength and control but he will learn to balance using only his speed and upper body strength with new technique. I think he will learn quickly and can be an impact player. Don't really see the size that is reported and think he will impact more as safety than LB. Good add for mean green in my opinions.

• 3 weeks later...

If we replace him with Woods I'll consider it a bug upgrade. I wasn't a huge fan of the Medina commit
Nor was I. Obviously he tackled high, which is not as easy a fix as some of the people on here think, but he also seemed to get to the ball a little late and was not very explosive in his tackles, which would've resulted in him getting dragged at the next level.

Sour grapes I guess. I would've liked to have him because he was a good athlete with potential, but I was never a huge fan of his highlights.

Two straight years Tulane has plucked a linebacker from us right before signing day. I hope we kick their butt every year, starting this year so this doesn't happen anymore.

• Upvote 1

See ya, didn't need ya.

Seriously, wish we focused more on Texas and Oklahoma kids. The Louisiana recruits tend to want to either go back home or stay from the get go. I understand that and wonder if we would be better served focusing or efforts elsewhere.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

See ya, didn't need ya.

Seriously, wish we focused more on Texas and Oklahoma kids. The Louisiana recruits tend to want to either go back home or stay from the get go. I understand that and wonder if we would be better served focusing or efforts elsewhere.

I was just thinking the same thing. I agree with your point 100%.

GMG