This one is on you, Coach Mac

UNT90

I think that is a bit rough. He has taken on two reclamation projects in Iowa State and North Texas. It is yet to be seen here. We will be able to tell over the next two years. He had some success as well as failure at Iowa State. I think he has made improvements here. Get in a full class and we will be able to fully judge his success or not. Once again patience is needed. I do agree that today should have been a win, though.

GMG

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

I think that is a bit rough. He has taken on two reclamation projects in Iowa State and North Texas. It is yet to be seen here. We will be able to tell over the next two years. He had some success as well as failure at Iowa State. I think he has made improvements here. Get in a full class and we will be able to fully judge his success or not. Once again patience is needed. I do agree that today should have been a win, though.

GMG

Did he really accomplish that much at Iowa State? He did ok, but I forgot how tough their situation is playing in the big 12 and all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

GMG

So we wait ANOTHER year?

Some folk will DIE before UNT has a winning season again!!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

GMG

If 56-85 is what you call a successful reclamation project then something is wrong.

• Upvote 5

GMG

Look dude, I am talking about one game. And make no mistake, the coach quit on his players today.

DT throws a pick 6 and Dmac's solution is not to throw the ball again. Even after the WKU field goal.

He only threw the ball when WKU knew we had no other choice. You know, after we had allowed them to take the lead.

THAT IS COMPLETE HEAD COACH GIVE UP ON A TEAM.

And that is unforgivable.

• Upvote 4

Mac didn't throw the pick 6.

If you're off the Mean Green band wagon why don't you get off the board.

No, he just put his QB in that position by consistently refusing to throw the ball down field, not only in this game, but the last half of the season.

When you throw the same pattern 10 times in a game, it just might get picked the 11th time.

Did you watch the game?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Who called "telegraph pass to TE?" Mac or Canales. One needs to go.

You get off the board if you can't handle fans sick of losses.

If you're off the Mean Green band wagon why don't you get off the board.

Did someone suggest the QB throw the ball at some point in time?

Certainly not in the 4Q.

100% coaching fail.

they tried throwing...thompson telegraphed a pick six...mac didn't throw the pass...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Nope. The QB Mac has sworn to all year did. Do we have any other QBs that could have played better? Especially after the Troy game? Who knows. The head coach wouldn't try anything different. Which is weird since he said no one on this team is entitled to their spot.

But maybe that was just Mac excelling at press conferences. And he does excel at press conferences.

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 2

No, he just put his QB in that position by consistently refusing to throw the ball down field, not only in this game, but the last half of the season.

When you throw the same pattern 10 times in a game, it just might get picked the 11th time.

Did you watch the game?

In all fairness to Mac and Chico, who own the plays being called on the field, who in the hell are you going to throw to down field? Between a QB who can't hit open receivers on 10 yard routes and no receiver over 5'9 who can actually get down field fast enough to be in the vicinity of a long throw, how is throwing down field even an option?

• Upvote 4

In all fairness to Mac and Chico, who own the plays being called on the field, who in the hell are you going to throw to down field? Between a QB who can't hit open receivers on 10 yard routes and no receiver over 5'9 who can actually get down field fast enough to be in the vicinity of a long throw, how is throwing down field even an option?

Remind me again, who is responsible for recruiting and developing talent?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

WE HAD NO FREEKN BUSINESS LOSING THIS GAME! Remember he also burnt 45 secs and two time-outs at the end of the half. Look, in addition to the Troy loss, HEAP THIS OUTCOME ON MAC. Sure we are young and in transition, sure we have a lot of injuries...but if you ask me, as far as adjustments on defense, utilization of talent and play calling on offense, coaching has been poor all season. This loss was horrible!!!

Edited by slugg
  • Upvote 4

WE HAD NO FREEKN BUSINESS LOOSING THIS GAME! Remember he also burnt 45 secs and two time-outs at the end of the half. Look, in addition to the Troy loss, HEAP THIS OUTCOME ON MAC. Sure we are young and in transition, sure we have a lot of injuries...but if you ask me, as far as adjustments on defense, utilization of talent and play calling on offence, coaching has been poor all season. This loss was horrible!!!

I haven't heard from you lately, but I'm glad you're back.

• Upvote 1

they tried throwing...thompson telegraphed a pick six...mac didn't throw the pass...

Alright then ... lets dump the entire sorry bunch of losers.

Once you have paid off all the contracts, where do we stand and what can we do?

The UNT football program sucks and it has since 2005.

Nice new stadium, great training facilities all mean squat if you don't have good coaching and a team that wins, otherwise we should all quit complaining about low attendance and so on.

• Upvote 1

As a program, we have made one mistake after another, beginning with the God-awful to drop down to 1-AA years ago, and we are feeling the effects of that decision today. Shitty conferences, shitty support, shitty coaches and up until a couple of years ago, shitty facilities. Because of all this, we have found ourselves on the outside looking as far as football is concerned. Coach Mac is building a team the right way, through high school recruits and red shirting, but we have run out of time. The Dodge experience set us back ten years, and we're about to pay the price for the un-forseeable future. We suck now, but a real program takes a long time to build. Unfortunetly, we have run out of time. We'll be relegated to second tier going forward because of the decisions of the past.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Remind me again, who is responsible for recruiting and developing talent?

Do you honestly think that when Mac came here he would be able to land 4 and 5 star players??? No...no star player in their right mind would have come to North Texas after what Dodge left. I think he got what he could have from what he was able to get. Next year's class looks good and a lot of redshirt freshman will be able to play.

• Upvote 4

As a program, we have made one mistake after another, beginning with the God-awful to drop down to 1-AA years ago, and we are feeling the effects of that decision today. Shitty conferences, shitty support, shitty coaches and up until a couple of years ago, shitty facilities. Because of all this, we have found ourselves on the outside looking as far as football is concerned. Coach Mac is building a team the right way, through high school recruits and red shirting, but we have run out of time. The Dodge experience set us back ten years, and we're about to pay the price for the un-forseeable future. We suck now, but a real program takes a long time to build. Unfortunetly, we have run out of time. We'll be relegated to second tier going forward because of the decisions of the past.

With all respect, I'm not sure what clock you are referring to? How have we run out of time? Because we are moving conferences?

• Upvote 1

Agree with Hunter Green- too many mistakes of the past to overcome in less then 6 years.

I am a big Mac fan, but this one is on him. Seriously? Running the ball against 9 in the box to try to "protect" a lead with over 10 minutes left in the 4th.

I am also very disappointed in DT. I hoping to see good things from Berglund.

• Upvote 1