Hostess Bakery Going Out Of Business

http://m.nbcdfw.com/nbcdfw/pm_117591/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=fs1dB5zn

..."“We deeply regret the necessity of today’s decision, but we do not have the financial resources to weather an extended nationwide strike,” Hostess CEO Gregory F. Rayburn said in announcing that the firm had filed a motion with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court to shutter its business. “Hostess Brands will move promptly to lay off most of its 18,500-member workforce and focus on selling its assets to the highest bidders...."

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ya...it's a real shame that those entrusted with running the business were un-able to adapt to changing markets and consumer tastes.

Let's see, have a job and a little less of a pension or live off of unemployment (you and me).

I'll take unempolyment.

Oh, and I'm going to miss a certain chocolate treat with cream filling that I can't call by name due to the 7th grade ridicule that I would incur.

• Upvote 1

Let's see, have a job and a little less of a pension or live off of unemployment (you and me).

I'll take unempolyment.

Oh, and I'm going to miss a certain chocolate treat with cream filling that I can't call by name due to the 7th grade ridicule that I would incur.

Dingdongs rock!

Ya...it's a real shame that those entrusted with running the business were un-able to adapt to changing markets and consumer tastes.

Yea...I mean, just how many people still eat bread! They should have turned to something people would actually buy...how dare that management continue to bake bread! Can you believe that in these changing times of markets and tastes? Man, how shortsighted of management to actually try to bake and sell bread these days. Who the heck eats bread any longer...seriously.

• Downvote 1

Yea...I mean, just how many people still eat bread! They should have turned to something people would actually buy...how dare that management continue to bake bread! Can you believe that in these changing times of markets and tastes? Man, how shortsighted of management to actually try to bake and sell bread these days. Who the heck eats bread any longer...seriously.

Gonna need a lot of bread for those 18k new food stamp claims.

It's really bad timing. If only those states would have legalized weed a year ago, maybe hostess would stay in business.

They always seemed overpriced to me.

It's been done...

You know, had we had a serious conversation on this topic and legalized recreational marijuana use 10 years ago, perhaps the Hostess company would still be in business today.

I hope all of you that voted "no" are man enough to personally apologize to all 18,000 former twinkie-stuffers who are now unemployed.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Unions take down another one. ...someday they'll learn. ...but not until they kill every golden goose and business owners get the hell out of unionized states.

Wrong...as it has been demonstrated time and time time again...Unions will never learn. The "fat cat" union bosses will keep bleeding their membership for dues and will keep living the high life while they act to put their own members on the unemployment lines. Obviously the union bosses don't care about the rank and file membership. They have brain washed them for so many years that the remaining membership will continue to be the lemmings that fall into the sea ever blissful in their "unioness"!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wrong...as it has been demonstrated time and time time again...Unions will never learn. The "fat cat" union bosses will keep bleeding their membership for dues and will keep living the high life while they act to put their own members on the unemployment lines. Obviously the union bosses don't care about the rank and file membership. They have brain washed them for so many years that the remaining membership will continue to be the lemmings that fall into the sea ever blissful in their "unioness"!

You've just described the Republican party.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2