Why are they not finishing the fight song?

BIG DAWG

i'm more upset that when they played the fight song after the game it was that drunken sailor version. i don't mind them changing it up during the game, but if it's the last time you play it for the fans for the season it should be the traditional version.

The "drunken sailor" version of the fight song was a tradition played after mean green victories. It went away after the the teams fortunes went south, but I think Dr. Williams will try and bring it back now that the team is starting to pick up victories more consistently.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I'll just put my GB complaint right here instead of in a new thread.

I noticed that quite often after USA had a big play the band would start up. Each time we prevented a third down conversion or turned them over on downs....dead silence. Just an observation

I thought they did this to try to drown out communication from the other team (play calling, instructions to the line, etc.)

The "drunken sailor" version of the fight song was a tradition played after mean green victories. It went away after the the teams fortunes went south, but I think Dr. Williams will try and bring it back now that the team is starting to pick up victories more consistently.

That version was played when we knew we were going to the NO Bowl when I was attending games in the early 2000s. I like that Williams brought it back.

• Upvote 1

The last 2 weeks the band is not finishing the fight song, leaving off the...

U...N...T...EAGLES

U-N-T Eagles fight,fight,fight

I don't like it! Bring back the FULL fight song!!!

I'd much rather have them cut it off until the unfortuanate addition is permanently removed. That or we tar and feather the individual who started the MF version, in public and convince the rest to cease it.

I'll just put my GB complaint right here instead of in a new thread.

I noticed that quite often after USA had a big play the band would start up. Each time we prevented a third down conversion or turned them over on downs....dead silence. Just an observation

Not sure why this deserved any negatives. He is spot on. The band does a lot of good, but this HAS to change.

It's sad that I almost preferred to hear the recorded version of the fight song over the sound system just so we could once again yell in unison. It was one of the ONLY times we yelled in unison as a fanbase - really sad this change was made to satisfy the students versus the alums and fans who have invested in this program for decades. I just can't imagine A&M juking with the Aggie War Hymn or Texas Fight being adjusted to satisfy the occupiers. I bet those fanbases would rise up and beat down the idiots with sound or something.

U-N-T- Eagles Fight Fight Fight!

GMG

I would rather them not do the chant to save the embarrassment of SOME of the students who ruin it with F bomb. Totally classless and disrespectful. All my kids, ages 11, 10, 9, 7, 5, and 2 know and sing the fight song all the time. On Fridays during football season and on game days during basketball season, we sing it on the way to school. We go to almost all the basketball games as a family and it scares me that the whole version of the song will be sung. I really don't want to have to explain to my 5 year old daughter (much less my 11 year old daughter) what the student section is yelling out.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I would rather them not do the chant to save the embarrassment of SOME of the students who ruin it with F bomb. Totally classless and disrespectful. All my kids, ages 11, 10, 9, 7, 5, and 2 know and sing the fight song all the time. On Fridays during football season and on game days during basketball season, we sing it on the way to school. We go to almost all the basketball games as a family and it scares me that the whole version of the song will be sung. I really don't want to have to explain to my 5 year old daughter (much less my 11 year old daughter) what the student section is yelling out.

*sighs*

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

good god man... do you not have cable?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

good god man... do you not have cable?

Hey, what do you do when there's nothing worth watching?

After Sports Night, the XFL, Felicity, Da Ali G Show, Arrested Development, and Moral Orel went off the air... What were they supposed to do to keep themselves entertained?

I just hope, for the sake of Mrs. Travis Scott, that Archer stays on TV for a good long time.

How 'bout we put this up on the big-board for a few games!

I'm not sure, but I think I recall this being one of your kids, right?

• Upvote 2