ECU Game: Props & Slops

MeanGreenMusic

Props

- Walton's smothering aggressive D.

- PJ's handles and driving.

- Roger's fadeaways, nice touch tonight.

- JW 20&10 and some amazing athletic plays. Oh my! (And he lead the team in rebounding!)

- The classic Alzee runner.

- 5 blocks from the guy with the long arms and the pogo stick. That guy seems like he might be pretty good. :thumbsu:

- The walk-on for getting some PT. Atta boy.

Slops

- Niko's defense and rebounding. Sorry, but he looked soft imo.

- Coleman's study habits. C'mon big guy we need you!

- 3-point shooting. :(

- 2nd half rebounding.

- Free throws: First half, 92.9%

Second half, 68.4%

^Just my 2 cents, feel free to play along.

Overall, I had a BLAST and I'm thrilled that NTBB is FINALLY BACK!! This will be a season to remember.

Glory to the Green!

• Upvote 2

I'm amazed you didn't mention the entire team's on ball defense. Granted it was East Northernmost Middle Central, but it appears Benford's preaching about defense was legit.

Great point. All the guards were playing tough defense. You could tell it was frustrating the other team.

Roger will have a lot of chances to post up smaller players as well it looks like.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I hope Benford played this way to confuse anyone scouting from Creighton, you still don't know who the starting line up is. I also hope Tony Mitchell does not spend most of his offensive time as he did in this game wondering around outside the circle.

The Good:

This team is very deep

First I've seen of Hardwick, he looks very good

Good Defensive effort

Jason Williams was easily the most impressive player in the game, looks like he will be a starter

Walton really played some hard nosed ball

Solid games by A. Williams, Franklin,

Jones had good but not great game

Guard rotation looked good

Niko had some good offensive moves

The not so good:

Rebounding, no way even without Coleman that NT should get out rebounding by a team like ECU

Mitchell, other than some great blocks didn't show much, don't remember him getting any inside baskets but did get blocked and turned the ball over

Holmen, poor rebounding effort

Being deep is good, but no set lineup was evident and that may hurt in the early season

Outside shooting was off

It is difficult to gain much in games such as this, you expect team to dominate and they did, but you are not going to get a very emotional effort from a team this good with such poor competition.

At least it seems like long long ago that Trilli's team had to hustle to even beat non-ship schools. Benford accomplished what he wanted to, played everyone he wanted a lot and gave up next to nothing to scouts.

• Upvote 1

Again we did not show a lot off tonight due to creighton scouting the game.. Why would we show them that we can hit the three and press the ball? Think people think.

Perhaps because this is the one legitimate practice that we have to try these things out in an in-game scenario?

• Upvote 3