How about La. Tech last nite?

Harry

Future C-USA mates represent against the Aggies. Tulane beat SMU as well. C-USA is going to be tough, we have to get better fast.

I love seeing underdogs perform well in games they are supposed to lose. Hoping someday we will get our chance.

I watched that game for FSSW last night in no huddle mode. That was some kind of fast paced game. I realize this is one of the best teams LA Tech has produced in quite some time, and it is not the norm, but I think we would have a tough time hanging with them this year.

I will say that it was like watching a Dodge team. Let the opposition get out to a 27 point lead and then score like crazy before they know what hit 'em, only to come up a few points short in the end.

Johnny Manzel is a creature that A&M has not had as long as I can remember and is a redshirt freshman. He will keep them in the hunt for the next 3 1/2 years. Whorns better be glad they are not playing.

• Upvote 1

Always surprised when people watch bad defense and declare good football is being played. A&M and Louisana Tech are horrible. I wouldn't give a squirt of piss for either of them.

I'd kill for our team to be as good as A&M or LA Tech. Both have a real good shot at finishing in the top 25. Meanwhile, we're looking at a 4-8/5-7 season.

• Upvote 3

I'm surprised no one else made the comparison between LaTech and the Cowboys (2-point conversion attempt to go into OT failed). Regardless, great game by LT and it would have been nice to see those underdogs go to 6-0.

Future C-USA mates represent against the Aggies. Tulane beat SMU as well. C-USA is going to be tough, we have to get better fast.

I love seeing underdogs perform well in games they are supposed to lose. Hoping someday we will get our chance.

Despite having a winning program year after year, La Tech believes in plugging holes with Juco's. Currently, the Bulldogs have 25 guys on their roster by way of Juco's. Another 7 guys transferred in from other D1 (BCS) or D1AA (FCS) schools. 28.5% of their entire roster (current & redshirts) played ball at another university/community college. You would think a bottom feeder program might model this success. (Unless we are able to attract the star high school athlete) Juco kids are not always the problem. Not selecting the right ones is.

http://www.latechspo...footbl-mtt.html

Edited by Cooley
  • Upvote 1

Despite having a winning program year after year, La Tech believes in plugging holes with Juco's. Currently, the Bulldogs have 25 guys on their roster by way of Juco's. Another 7 guys transferred in from other D1 (BCS) or D1AA (FCS) schools. 28.5% of their entire roster (current & redshirts) played ball at another university/community college. You would think a bottom feeder program might model this success. (Unless we are able to attract the star high school athlete) Juco kids are not always the problem. Not selecting the right ones is.

Kansas State under Bill Snyder does a good job with JUCOs. Ditto Bob Stoops at OU. Some coaches just have a knack for how to spot JUCO talent. Perhaps Sonny has it.

The thing about JUCOs is that you still have to be building up depth behind them, signing enough preps at the position where you've gotten a JUCO starter.

Problems arrive when you just use them as a band aid and don't sign enough 4/5-year guys along with them.

Tech has a lof of walk ons that have done quite well like Hunter Lee out of Flower Mound