The CougarKing Comes to GMG Thread (With Guest Star MeanGreener)

Cougar King

The Carnegie Foundation does not use the term tier one nor do they rank universities they place various aspects of universities into different classifications that are not to be used to imply equality of the overall university

there are 8 total universities looking for NRUF funding not 7 and UH and Texas Tech have been awarded that funding

US News is the only organization that uses "tier one" and that ranks universities and as of this year UH is in the US News tier one universities with a numerical ranking

If we're talking about the same thing here, North Texas met every criteria which Texas Tech and UH met except the all important endowment coffers. I think it has to be a minimum of $400 million, so I guess it will be awhile for North Texas.

GMG!

• Upvote 1

If we're talking about the same thing here, North Texas met every criteria which Texas Tech and UH met except the all important endowment coffers. I think it has to be a minimum of $400 million, so I guess it will be awhile for North Texas.

GMG!

actually north Texas only met one of the 4 (out of 6) needed criteria and also did not meet the restricted research requirement

you need to have 45 million in restricted research per year first and foremost before anything else matters north Texas was at 14,476,509 in restricted research and without meeting the 45 million metric nothing else matters

out of the other 6 criteria (4 of 6 need to be met) north Texas met one being a member of Phi Kappa Phi all but UTSA and TxState met this and UTSA now meets this as well

the other criteria are

400 million in endowment (not met) (UH and TTU met)

200 PhDs graduated per year (not met) (UH and TTU met)

freshman class of high academic achievement (not met) (UTD, UTA, TTU met)

high quality faculty (not met) (UTD UH met)

high quality graduation education (not met) no one met but there is a chance that UTD, TTU, or UH or all 3 could have met with a paid for audit of 5 graduate programs to determine of their metrics were similar to AAU universities, but since it was not needed by UH or TTU and would not have helped elevate UTD to funding none of them opted to pay to have the state audit them

actually north Texas only met one of the 4 (out of 6) needed criteria and also did not meet the restricted research requirement

you need to have 45 million in restricted research per year first and foremost before anything else matters north Texas was at 14,476,509 in restricted research and without meeting the 45 million metric nothing else matters

out of the other 6 criteria (4 of 6 need to be met) north Texas met one being a member of Phi Kappa Phi all but UTSA and TxState met this and UTSA now meets this as well

the other criteria are

high quality graduation education (not met) no one met but there is a chance that UTD, TTU, or UH or all 3 could have met with a paid for audit of 5 graduate programs to determine of their metrics were similar to AAU universities, but since it was not needed by UH or TTU and would not have helped elevate UTD to funding none of them opted to pay to have the state audit them

This wouldn't have been helped by good punctuation at all. Nope. Good job.

• Upvote 2

The Carnegie Foundation does not use the term tier one nor do they rank universities they place various aspects of universities into different classifications that are not to be used to imply equality of the overall university

there are 8 total universities looking for NRUF funding not 7 and UH and Texas Tech have been awarded that funding

US News is the only organization that uses "tier one" and that ranks universities and as of this year UH is in the US News tier one universities with a numerical ranking

Just basing my information off of the UofH website dedicated to their attempts to be Tier One.

http://www.uh.edu/about/tier-one/tier-one-faq/index.php

• Upvote 1

I've been to a lot of cusa road games and watched on tv. ECU and UTEP can be tough places and UCF is okay but everybody else doesn't come even close to the Rob.

Agreed. Houston is a dump with a good chance of a good ole fashioned mugging. UTEP is tough too because your car will get stolen or a stray round from Juarez might clip you while watching the game.

On a side note, you have ninja like troll skills. Do you gain these powers from endless hours away from the yellow sun in your mom's basement or is it the cheetos stained fingers while sporting filthy streaked tightly whities? Or are you simply just GL2Greatness in disguise? No matter what it's good stuff all around.

• Upvote 1

Just basing my information off of the UofH website dedicated to their attempts to be Tier One.

http://www.uh.edu/ab...e-faq/index.php

an unfortunate, but deliberate misrepresentation

http://classifications.carnegiefoundation.org/resources/faqs.php

Where are the Carnegie rankings?

The Carnegie Foundation does not rank colleges and universities. Our classifications identify meaningful similarities and differences among institutions, but they do not imply quality differences.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

the other criteria are

Virgin.

No doubt about it.

• Upvote 3

Prediction:

Cougar high 24

Mean green 13

We're getting better, their going down hill - almost there.

Prediction 2: cougar King arrested after game for orally pleasuring another cougar high male student "but it was mutual". Very similar to their SMU brethren.

You obviously ran out of intelligent things to say, which is why you made a reference regarding my sexuality and for the record, your insinuation is quite inaccurate. I hope a lot of you come to The Rob this weekend.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I would like to apologize on behalf of my hotheaded (and insecure) friend, CarribbeanGreen. I can confirm that he's just a little bitter because he did not meet U of H's stringent entrance requirements.

But, it's not entirely his fault... When we made our visit down there, he just happened to forget his sandals in the car. But, rules are rules, and even though he was wearing a shirt... They wouldn't let him in.

It also bears mentioning that he was 3 years past college graduation... And we were only stopping on campus there so he could use the bathroom... But, the rejection still stings, obviously.

Prediction:

Cougar high 24

Mean green 13

We're getting better, their going down hill - almost there.

Prediction 2: cougar King arrested after game for orally pleasuring another cougar high male student "but it was mutual". Very similar to their SMU brethren.

Gosh dammit! If we are going to talk education and sports smack, by god read your posts before pressing the post button. I don't care if you are on your phone or whatever, PROOF READ!!! I am sick of looking like I graduated from a junior college. Unless they own a " going down hill".

• Upvote 2

Gosh dammit! If we are going to talk education and sports smack, by god read your posts before pressing the post button. I don't care if you are on your phone or whatever, PROOF READ!!! I am sick of looking like I graduated from a junior college. Unless they own a " going down hill".

You're going to remain a very angry man. That stuff is all over the internet. I bet I can find it in a Harvard forum.

ea8f5937-020c-4806-a142-a2fc427555b7.jpg

• Upvote 1

Fair enough, but in my defence ( that's for you right there), we were about to go under 10'000 ft and lose our Gogo and I didn't catch that the iPad autocorrect didn't quite autocorrect correctly in my haste to post.

And cougar king - that wasn't an insinuation. I said you provided oral pleasure to men, I feel like that's fairly direct. An insinuation would be more like if I suggested you like to have a big cucumber in your mouth. See how that works?