The CougarKing Comes to GMG Thread (With Guest Star MeanGreener)

Cougar King

You came here trying to start crap though, and you deserve what you got from us and your own fan base. This place is a joke but you kicked the hornet's nest.

And it's the internet! Do you think I am like this in person? It is the internet, a fan forum. I talk shit on CUSABBS and did here too all the time, but it's a forum, gotta get my football obsession out some way. The way you guys acted is hilariously immature. Especially when I got made fun of for criticizing the alumni side, which you did earlier this year. This place is so annoying. Every thread is derailed into SMU or the Green Brigade complaints. It's frustrating and as childish as my rants are, this place's bizarre obsession with SMU, green shades and all that crap screams bush league.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You came here trying to start crap though, and you deserve what you got from us and your own fan base. This place is a joke but you kicked the hornet's nest.

And it's the internet! Do you think I am like this in person? It is the internet, a fan forum. I talk shit on CUSABBS and did here too all the time, but it's a forum, gotta get my football obsession out some way. The way you guys acted is hilariously immature. Especially when I got made fun of for criticizing the alumni side, which you did earlier this year. This place is so annoying. Every thread is derailed into SMU or the Green Brigade complaints. It's frustrating and as childish as my rants are, this place's bizarre obsession with SMU, green shades and all that crap screams bush league.

Welcome.... ummm.... back...?

• Upvote 1

I hate SMU and love the Green Brigade btw...

• Upvote 1

I hate SMU and love the Green Brigade btw...

Look, I apologize if I act a little nutty on the internet. I don't in real life. It's just a forum. I'm just tired of you guys being a little embarrassing to the fanbase. I show passion and it's obvious I love the school. You guys, who knows? All you do is bitch and complain. Every thread doesn't need to be about SMU or the GB lacking a good pregame intro. Why can't we all just get along and root for the good ol' MG?

Anyway, back to Cougar King being a troll.

Edited by meangreener

Look, I apologize if I act a little nutty on the internet. I don't in real life. It's just a forum. I'm just tired of you guys being a little embarrassing to the fanbase. I show passion and it's obvious I love the school. You guys, who knows? All you do is bitch and complain. Every thread doesn't need to be about SMU or the GB lacking a good pregame intro. Why can't we all just get along and root for the good ol' MG?

Anyway, back to Cougar King being a troll.

I think you are wrong. I don't there are many threads as you describe here. There aren't a ton of MG fans in the world, and there aren't a ton of MGC members. Please try and not piss all of them off. We need all the fans we can get.

I think you are wrong. I don't there are many threads as you describe here. There aren't a ton of MG fans in the world, and there aren't a ton of MGC members. Please try and not piss all of them off. We need all the fans we can get.

Oh, come on, that's not true. There's plenty. I haven't pissed many off besides a few on here, who cares though, as those guys are the ones complaining about SMU and Green Brigade pageantry. I'm willing to start over, just not cool with getting berated for criticizing the alumni for sitting quietly the whole game.

Most of the people I've met are cool with me and RV has had a conversation with me about my dedication to the school. I love it here. I love the teams. I just think that we need to change a lot of the mentality ON HERE as well.

I don't see UH complaining about their band.

All I know is by the time I grad, there will be a lot more people like me than people like y'all.

Edited by meangreener

Oh, come on, that's not true. There's plenty. I haven't pissed many off besides a few on here, who cares though, as those guys are the ones complaining about SMU and Green Brigade pageantry. I'm willing to start over, just not cool with getting berated for criticizing the alumni for sitting quietly the whole game.

Alot of alumni do not sit quietly the whole game, I don't. Most people in 208 don't. I am only 32 though, some people are older and sit. That is there choice, they paid for a ticket. When I am 60+ I probably won't stand alot either. If you want to complain, complain about people that get free tickets, ie students.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Alot of alumni do not sit quietly the whole game, I don't. Most people in 208 don't. I am only 32 though, some people are older and sit. That is there choice, they paid for a ticket. When I am 60+ I probably won't stand alot either. If you want to complain, complain about people that get free tickets, ie students.

We pay athletic fees and that's our ticket. Are you freaking kidding me?

Edited by meangreener

We pay athletic fees and that's our ticket. Are you freaking kidding me?

I would tend to agree with this. The students are buying their season tickets to all events via althletic fees.

However, I think this is fine. Students that might not otherwise attend/get involved are now more inclined to do so since they are already paying for it. Not necessarily a bad thing.

I would tend to agree with this. The students are buying their season tickets to all events via althletic fees.

However, I think this is fine. Students that might not otherwise attend/get involved are now more inclined to do so since they are already paying for it. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Exactly. And I'm paying for the UH game. I MORE than do my part.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Exactly. And I'm paying for the UH game. I MORE than do my part.

I am taking one class right now. I paid almost 500 dollars in fees because they are not prorated based on how many hours you take, except the athletic fee. I also have a MGC membership and season tickets. I could probably get a free ticket because I am technically a student. I have to pay $100's of dollars for a gym membership and computer access and a student union that I do not use. I am not going to go over to those places and act like a child like you are doing.

Edited by glick1980
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't hurt your shoulder... By and large, all around here do MORE than their part.

Did you happen to ever hear the one about the young bull and the old bull sitting on the top of the hill looking down over the meadow....

No, but my point is we're both in it together. So why the hell is this guy trying validate his "fan-ness" by how much he spent? Alumni stepped it up versus Troy, anyway.

Dance puppets dance! This is too easy lol.

Lets go for the lock, and how about a nice perma-boot for GL2Greatness or TodgeRodge, and Cougar King too!

So, you want me to go because I hurt your feelings? I regret to inform you that the world does not revolve around glick1980.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

So, you want me to go because I hurt your feelings? I regret to inform you that the world does not revolve around glick1980.

You didn't hurt my feelings, you just bring nothing here but being an asshole because you flunked out here and now attend knife school.

Edited by glick1980
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You crack me up. Talk trash until your points get hammered with facts and then off to other meaningless points. Still trying to figure out how you estimated UH is Tier 1, loaded with 4 and 5 star recruits, how the Big East (losing its AQ status) will benefit UofH, etc...?

meangreener, no problem with your points unless you are one to the students that thinks adding "M...F..." to our fight song is cool.

• Upvote 1

You didn't hurt my feelings, you just bring nothing here but being an asshole because you flunked out here and now attend knife school.

Well, I guess we can complain about the greeks putting up their letters and scaring the alumni.

You crack me up. Talk trash until your points get hammered with facts and then off to other meaningless points. Still trying to figure out how you estimated UH is Tier 1, loaded with 4 and 5 star recruits, how the Big East (losing its AQ status) will benefit UofH, etc...?

meangreener, no problem with your points unless you are one to the students that thinks adding "M...F..." to our fight song is cool.

UH has been certified Tier 1 and I never said we were loaded with 4 and 5 star recruits. I simply said 4 and 5 star guys come to UH. (Which they do, as shown by Rivals, Scout and ESPN)

As for the part I bolded, that is one of the many petty things that you guys make a big deal about. When we play the middle of our fight song, the band remixes it a little bit and everybody loves it. The alumni and old school folks tell us do whatever we want to have fun while still keeping and building the foundation of tradition.

When you crucify the greeks, which is vital to the student body socially, you have a poor student response. As shown last year, when that article was written.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Upvote 1