Josh White twitter

cl_1_2008

At work, I overheard a coworker (who I know to be a NT grad) get asked who they root for in college football. The response was "Well, I went to NT so....I'll root for anybody".

NT will gain respect as soon as our own people respect us. I know that is preaching to the choir here, but it is the truth. I WILL get that person to a football game this year.

Matt you are wise beyond your years. So true bro so true.

So I wonder what Josh would have tweeted if UNT would have pulled the upset...

As much as I hate what Josh Tweeted, if we had won I can only think it would have been positive towards NT. He put his foot in his mouth on a very public forum, and instead of doing the appropriate thing as an ambassador of North Texas and apologized, he defended his statement. I don't care if an athlete has a home town allegiance despite the school who payed for his education. Just don't publish it for the world to see on a public forum. All he did was show his corner of the "twitterverse" that despite the fact that he worked hard for his scholarship as an athlete, played in the NCAA tournament representing the Mean Green, and has a NT degree in his hand, LSU was still #1 in his heart even when facing his alma mater. Its insulting to the school and alumni that supported him. If that's how Josh feels, fine. However he's held to a higher standard because hes a rep for the School. Think before you speak next time, Josh. Don't broadcast it to the world. I'll take my soapbox and go home now.

• Upvote 4

UNT90 semi-official college athletics fandom rule:

You can cheer for any school from from which you received a degree, be it a bachelor, masters, or doctorate.

If you went to college but did not receive a degree, you cheer for that college.

If you did not go to college, you are bound by geographic rules (see professional team fandom rules).

If you received an athletic scholarship, you are bound to the institution that enabled you to receive your degree (transfers must root for the school from which they received a degree, or absent a degree, must root for the school from which they last received financial support).

Got it?!?!?

I need a clarification on the UNT90 Semi Official College Athletics Fandom Rule....

My wife and I grew up in Iowa and graduated from the University of Iowa. Our son played five years on the Mean Green football team. We continue to be Mean Green season ticket holders and watch every Hawkeye football game on TV. Who should we be rooting for in 2015 and 2017 when the Mean Green play the Hawkeyes?

I need a clarification on the UNT90 Semi Official College Athletics Fandom Rule....

My wife and I grew up in Iowa and graduated from the University of Iowa. Our son played five years on the Mean Green football team. We continue to be Mean Green season ticket holders and watch every Hawkeye football game on TV. Who should we be rooting for in 2015 and 2017 when the Mean Green play the Hawkeyes?

Very thankful for your boy's time here. He flew under the radar, but was a rock. Now that he has graduated, I hope you're Mean Green fans for life.

But, in this scenario, you pull for your alma mater. Then, go back to rooting for both.

• Upvote 1

Quite the conundrum.

The official rules would say your wife and you root for Iowa, while your son roots for the Mean Green.

There is also no problem claiming conscientious observer status in this situation.

But as a non-objective Mean Green fan, I hope you root for us. :lolu:

• Upvote 1

The right to root for the Mean Green trumps all other rules.

• Upvote 2

One of you gets NT in 2015 the other Iowa.

In 2017 it flips.

• Upvote 2

I would hate to think that a former scholarship athlete hoping for a win over his own school would ever be considered for the North Texas Hall of Fame.

One of my sons went to OU for a while before transfering to and graduating from North Texas. My other son graduated from A&M. Despite the amount of money I spent at A&M and that I mis-spent at OU I would never, never, never cheer for either school over North Texas. My A&M son was an officer in the Corps of Cadets, but if North Texas played A&M in anything and I was present, I'd wear my green proudly.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 3

After watching the Iowa/N. Ill game, definitely the Mean Green.

• Upvote 2

Very thankful for your boy's time here. He flew under the radar, but was a rock. Now that he has graduated, I hope you're Mean Green fans for life.

But, in this scenario, you pull for your alma mater. Then, go back to rooting for both.

Thanks.....He preferred to be invisible compared to getting noticed for a bad snap! We are MEAN GREEN fans for life!

Edited by Green59

Quite the conundrum.

The official rules would say your wife and you root for Iowa, while your son roots for the Mean Green.

There is also no problem claiming conscientious observer status in this situation.

But as a non-objective Mean Green fan, I hope you root for us. :lolu:

If the game was this season I probably would root for the Green but I certainly have to take into consideration the UNT90 Semi Official Rules!

Well...how sad...just got back from spending a few days in Wales...yes, that wales...and I see this thread about Josh White. All I could think of was how sad for Josh. Drex hit it on the nail when he said Josh can feel however he wants, but should not put it on Twitter. How immature and unprofessional of him to do such a thing. Lost a little respect for a great UNT ball player here.

BUT...it is, to me, a sign of the "UNT fan base" as well. I think all UNT fans and alums should take serious note of this attitude...and ask themselves...am I part of the problem or part of the solution? Are you members of the Mean green Club? The Alumni Association? Do you let little pet peeves sour you on the Mean green? Do you act and say positive things about UNT or do you find reasons to bad mouth the program and its leadership? These things matter...Josh heard this crap from alums and fans and students while at UNT...he witnessed the often lack of support...folks it matters...and everyone can do his/her part to change this perception. It's up to you...IT'S UP TO ALL OF US!

I really feel bad for Josh.....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I'll take a tie !