Do You Like the New Helmet Design?

I saw a picture of Zach Orr debuting the new Mean Green helmet for the 2012 season.

MAN DO I HATE IT!

RV is seriously in over his head on this one. I get the whole "North Texas" text instead of the SOW, but he didn't even get the right colors! IT'S RED AND YELLOW for crying out loud!

UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE

Johnny Jones should be fired for this!!

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 5

I saw a picture of Zach Orr debuting the new Mean Green helmet for the 2012 season.

MAN DO I HATE IT!

RV is seriously in over his head on this one. I get the whole "North Texas" text instead of the SOW, but he didn't even get the right colors! IT'S RED AND YELLOW for crying out loud!

UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE

Johnny Jones should be fired for this!!

There is already a thread on this. It must be the off season, Pictures of lockers applauded and picture of a a player holding a helmet of his Fathers professional team, heckled. Football season can't get here soon enough for Mean Green fans.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Frankly, I'm concerned about young Mr. Orr. I've always felt that Photography is a form of witchcraft, and I'm worried that now someone has stolen his soul away.

Frankly, I'm concerned that Mr. Danny Snyder is trying to gain a foothold in the DFW market. THE MEAN GREEN IS NOT FOR SALE DANNY BOY!!

MAN DO I HATE IT!

UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE

Jerry Jones should be fired for this!!

fixed!

Sorry MeanGreenGlory.

As our friend ArkStFan can attest, this helmet is merely a pipe dream since the NCAA has banned the use of Native American references or imagery. So, we will not be using that helmet this season. It's just a cool design, like some of the cool SOW helmet designs that others on this site have created. It was a cool concept, though I'm not sure how it plays into 'Mean Green' or 'Eagles'.

Sorry MeanGreenGlory.

As our friend ArkStFan can attest, this helmet is merely a pipe dream since the NCAA has banned the use of Native American references or imagery.

I always felt that they should've gone with the Arkansas State Dirty Red Engines, with a logo of a soot-covered, fire-engine-red locomotive.

• Upvote 1

Frankly, I'm concerned about young Mr. Orr. I've always felt that Photography is a form of witchcraft, and I'm worried that now someone has stolen his soul away.

My wife is Mexican, and few of her parents' old, old photographs (dating as far back as the 1970s and earlier...I mean, really old) show people smiling. My wife tells me it's because the photographers would tell them not to smile.

So, when you see old pictures of Mexicans not smiling, it's not that they're unhappy to be Mexicans; they were just following the photographers orders. My wife's family are really very happy people despite what old photos might lead you to believe.

Gang tackling. We need more gang tackling.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

My wife is Mexican

Always bragging... No wonder that Baylor blogger tried to take you down a few pegs.

Side note: You're a traitor to America. Nobody should ever marry a foreigner (other than my mom).

Which is my clumsy way of asking... Can we go outside and have a catch?

Always bragging... No wonder that Baylor blogger tried to take you down a few pegs.

Side note: You're a traitor to America. Nobody should ever marry a foreigner (other than my mom).

Which is my clumsy way of asking... Can we go outside and have a catch?

As part Native American, I don't remember inviting any of you here.

Also, don't even get me started on the whole mascot thing. The warrior image is so much more appealing compared to what most tribes look like today....

Edited by Lurker
  • Upvote 1