Michael Gruber Leaving The Ticket

Yep, Grubes leaves The Ticket to attend UNT full-time. Can't wait for the drops in UNT basketball and football radio broadcasts.

Or is KNTU just a little below Grubes as an incoming UNT student. Interesting.

(not mentioned what he will be studying).

Edited by UNT90

I think Rivals has Grubes rated as a 4 star recruit for RTV, while Scout has him as a 3. Interesting.

I mean, no doubt he is talented, but it isn't like we just landed a 5 star Mike Doocy, right???

Thoughts?

And how do the Alums of the program feel? Will he be instantly accepted by the likes of GreenGuyBass, or will he upset the chemistry by hogging all the attention.

Interesting times in the UNT RTV program.

EDIT: Is Grubes considered a JUCO transfer?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

I think Rivals has Grubes rated as a 4 star recruit for RTV, while Scout has him as a 3. Interesting.

I mean, no doubt he is talented, but it isn't like we just landed a 5 star Mike Doocy, right???

Thoughts?

And how do the Alums of the program feel? Will he be instantly accepted by the likes of GreenGuyBass, or will he upset the chemistry by hogging all the attention.

Interesting times in the UNT RTV program.

No doubt he's a legit 5* board op prospect.

However, I think he wants to change positions. Not sure where he feels he should be playing in the broadcast, but you gotta think that with his skillset and coaching he's already obtained, the transition should be smooth. Surely the coaches in the RTVF department will be able to ease the transition and I expect Grubes to have a nice career at UNT.

Hopefully we'll hear him as a sideline reporter during the football games. Jub-Jub to Grubes back to Jub-Jub!

• Upvote 1

He's studying business not RTVF.... It will be interesting to see how long he can maintain his quasi-super celebrity status on Fry St. once he's no longer an on-air personality.

It doesn't matter. I mean with his celebrity, he is gonna be able to pull major tail on Fry St.

I mean, I'm sure the average college female knows his celebrity, right?...

• Upvote 1

Probably my favorite Shoopy moment was, after a 45 second rambling precursor to a question by Bob Sturm to Mia Hamm, Grubes seamlessly drops the "can I stick my tongue down your throat?" drop...confusing the hell out of Hamm and sending Bob into a classic stammer.

• Upvote 1