Why Don't CUSAbbbs Posters Post Accurate Figures?

:rolleyes: Probably a short thread here and Harry feel free to remove it if you want in light of the subject but...

why do so many posters on the CUSAbbs message board use old stats concerning North Texas when more updated ones that show better numbers for our school are available?

Is it always about CUSA'ers fitting "their" agenda of schools and the "their" I post about are mostly eastern schools that eastern CUSA schools (all 2 of them) who seem to be constantly pushing a bunch of FCS schools that they want in "their" Alliance.

The CUSAbbs board also has this non-stop goading of non-Alliance members by posting threads comparing non-Alliance schools and when some of the non-CUSA posters try to corrrect their poor skewed research they get accused of pimping their schools? LOL! The 2 most the time guilty are posters from Marshall U and ECU who are like pimples on an other-wise super model's face. You know, as in those 2 zits are just out of place and just probably really shouldn't be there? Yet even worse is how 2 eastern foreigners seem to have apponted themselves as "Chairman of the Board" of what is still going to be a central USA/mountain west based new conference. It's like politicians in Sacramento, CA, telling Texans how we should run our business.

And then you have one of the poor cluless Marshall U posters who has his Coal Miner Daughter's Country school having more endowment coffers than North Texas when figures from reliable sources state that we trump his school's endowment coffer by tens of millions. Then this same MU poster ventures out with another off the wall stat saying the North Texas athletic budget is not worthy of Alliance consideration? .:blink: (FACT: UNT's and Marshall U's athletic budgets are almost equal so with his philosophy maybe his school should just drop out and go back to the marveolous MAC and be among their own)?:rolleyes:

Then you have a few obviously "desparate" La Tech posters who will post anything false at the drop of a hat and seem to enjoy doing it for sport, also their having apparent problems posting accurate stats that they must actually think will enable them to gain CUSA smack board poster's favor but with those who will not be within 500 miles of the conference table where the voting of expansion schools will take place. NOTE: La Tech's latest angle is how their being under LSU's system umbrella should be the clincher in the Dawgs getting into the Alliance. It's hilarious and almost entertaining to read some of their "from the far side" posts. A Subtle Hint To All La Tech'sters: Get out your best sun glasses for your bright new future in the Sun Belt Conference.

As Dragnet's Joe Friday Would Say: Just The Facts, Maam: I know,:rolleyes: consider what some of these conference message boards many times degenerate into with their lack of true fact-finding and wreckless research, but it still gripes my constitution when obvious updated stats are being over-looked while older stats are continuously being posted to fit a hardy handful of agendas; and most of the time...the agendas of 2 eastern Alliance school's posters.

FACT IS: One of these CUSA schools do not want a University of North Texas operating with all pistons runnning in their league because they just don't want to compete against a large market school who just might steal some of their thunder.....ing herd.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

You are dealing with a board that the strongest most vocal contingent is ECU and Marshall fans. They feel that they have been isolated for years and will do anything to have local teams to play.

Greenville, NC to Hampton, VA - ~ 3 hours

Greenville, NC to Boone, NC - ~ 5 hours

That is why you see them bring in the FCS schools and why they try to shoot down any talks of UNT (or for that matter LT). They are also the ones most vocal for F_U, because they recruit heavily from there in comparison to the rest of the league.

Hampton University is the only school in Hampton. Hardly ready for CUSA. I think you are speaking of Old Dominion in Norfolk.

Anyway, I could never understand this feeling of superiority coming from ECU. They do have a great fan following and spend a lot of money on their athletics. On some years, they have the best football team in the state. But as a university, they have no great reputation in North Carolina. Their academics are considered to be on a par with schools like Western Carolina, App State and UNC Greensboro.

I also know UNT is no Harvard but one argument I never see made on our behalf is the number of nationally ranked programs we enjoy. Without looking, I am fairly confident that you will not find these at ECU, Marshall, USM ( when I lived in Biloxi, I sent away for information concerning their MBA program...next thing I knew, I was accepted...no GMAT, application, nothing!) or even TCU or SMU for that matter.

You are dealing with a board that the strongest most vocal contingent is ECU and Marshall fans. They feel that they have been isolated for years and will do anything to have local teams to play.

Greenville, NC to Hampton, VA - ~ 3 hours

Greenville, NC to Boone, NC - ~ 5 hours

That is why you see them bring in the FCS schools and why they try to shoot down any talks of UNT (or for that matter LT). They are also the ones most vocal for F_U, because they recruit heavily from there in comparison to the rest of the league.

plus they are not real happy that CUSA basketball tourney is in El Paso this year. truth of the matter is that Marshall should have stayed in MAC where they were more than competative. as for ECU, they have been actively seeking Big East admission [think LA. Tech / CUSA ] for years, and would leave CUSA in a heartbeat.because of that, i don't see why they would have a voice at the table, but if they do only folks i can think of are W.K. and MTSU.

They can misinform and speculate all that they want at this time. The fact is TV markets are the primary determination of this expansion round and the teams will be added based on what the TV consultants indicate. Dr. Rawlins is probably the key player at this point of the game and even his scope is minimized in comparison to TV markets. I think many of the posters you reference are posting scenarios that benefit their particular school rather than the entire conference as a whole. I prefer to speak softly and carry a big stick.

The fact of the matter is Apogee stadium is a game changer for us. It totally changes how we are perceived and the level of commitment is clear.

Let them enjoy their day in the sun. It has absolutely NO impact on the final decisions being made. The only thing I would take from it is remember how it feels and try to act with class when the programs below us are trying to make their way in the world.

The only thing I would take from it is remember how it feels and try to act with class when the programs below us are trying to make their way in the world.

Totally agree. UNT NEEDS all the regional rivals it can get--particularly in-state. I don't want to read into Harry's post for him, but IMO, he's speaking of the UTSA's and TSU-SM's of the world.

Frankly, nothing would be better than to eventually have a Rice/UTSA/TSU rotation through Denton on a regular basis. It's the next step for UNT's program--again IMO.

The pertinent fact is that comments on message boards will not matter one iota in the selection of any conference's schools or Plum would already have NT in the SEC.

That would be SWC back in the day and I was just echoing as a student (back then) what our AD Fry was campaigning for..............but some of the posters on the CUSAbbs board should try to be as accurate with figures as they can even rounding off some of the numbers if need be the case. But for one school to say our endowment is not CUSA-worthy and here is North Texas tens of millions of dollars ahead of their school is a bit on the far-fetched side to me. Oh well...:rolleyes:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen