Gas $5 a gallon by summer?

Can we just send in Seal Team 6 (minus the crashed helicopter) to implant a microchip in ahmadinejad's head to make him a puppet ruler?

Seems like everyone wins in that scenario.

Na, He doesn't run that country, he just does what the Islamic Councel tells him to do.

Now, if your talking about sending a cruise missile into the mosque (or mosques) where the Islamic councel is during prayer hour, you may be on to something.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

EXACTLY...this is what gets the oil folks all i na stir, and creates such uncertainty in the markets. This IS a big deal even though Iran is not THAT big of a player when it comes to oil itself.

In fact, they import oil as well.

LOL not sure where you came by your information but they have the third largest reserves in the world. Iran is also the second leading OPEC producer behind the Saudis and the fourth largest producer in total.

They do not import oil they import refined products because of their severe lack of refining capacity. A problem many years of sanctions help to create.

Sure, you say this now, but we all know when Evil Pres. Bush was in office, he used his evil powers to drive up oil prices. I mean, it's well documented. At least by liberal leaders' remarks at the time.

Chalk me up as one who believes the HUGE increase in demand in China and India over that past ten years is the biggest culprit here. But, as long as we're having some fun, remember that Bush's proposed solution to the high gas prices during his 2000 campaign (which were approaching $1.85 in California!!!) was to get OPEC to "open up the spigot." No talk of domestic development in drilling, refining, or infrastructure. Just get OPEC to produce more!

• Upvote 1

Chalk me up as one who believes the HUGE increase in demand in China and India over that past ten years is the biggest culprit here. But, as long as we're having some fun, remember that Bush's proposed solution to the high gas prices during his 2000 campaign (which were approaching $1.85 in California!!!) was to get OPEC to "open up the spigot." No talk of domestic development in drilling, refining, or infrastructure. Just get OPEC to produce more!

While I don't deny he made that statement--I don't recall either way--your "no talk of domestic development in drilling" is untrue. His campaign talked quite a bit about reducing our dependence on foreign oil, and I'm sure you remember him talking about drilling in ANWR.

I'm sure you remember him talking about drilling in ANWR.

In all honesty, and this is absolutely not me playing partisan, I don't remember a thing about ANWR until 2008. The debate I remember in 2000 was whether to tap into the national reserves or not. On this, I could be wrong. Either way, I'm not opposed to drilling, refineries, or infrastructure, but I've said before that the man who lays out the cash to drill in Alaska only to sell it to the US at below world market prices isn't a very good businessman.

Will it happen?

Will Pres. Obama feel the backlash from his obvious attempt to make his buddies rich (cause thats what has to be going on when gas prices go up, right?)?

To be fair, you can find predictions as far back as 2009 and 2010 saying $5 gas was just around the corner. Anythng above $4.20 and my pet frog Croaky could beat Pres. Obama in November.

Just stirring the pot. It's either this or reallignment talk. Both are depressing.

No truth in anything above except stirring the pot.... I live in the oil fields and he is not too popular out here... Bush wasn't with some who actually seemed to know him...

The largest issue on price is increased markets (Asia) and problems in the Middle east...Gasoline in summer of 2008 when Bush was in office was higher than it is now... 4 years later.

So you have a pet frog....?? Wow...

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

No truth in anything above except stirring the pot.... I live in the oil fields and he is not too popular out here... Bush wasn't with some who actually seemed to know him...

The largest issue on price is increased markets (Asia) and problems in the Middle east...Gasoline in summer of 2008 when Bush was in office was higher than it is now... 4 years later.

So you have a pet frog....?? Wow...

Just repeating the liberal leaders.

Again, lying then or lying now?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

LOL not sure where you came by your information but they have the third largest reserves in the world. Iran is also the second leading OPEC producer behind the Saudis and the fourth largest producer in total.

They do not import oil they import refined products because of their severe lack of refining capacity. A problem many years of sanctions help to create.

Reserves say nothing about production. Yes, they do import oil...refined oil, if you will, but oil none the less...yes, due to their lack of refining capabilities...doesn't do anything to dispute what I previously said.

• Downvote 1

How bout $6 per gallon gasin Florida.

http://tampa.cbsloca...e-gas-stations/

Rick

Cute headline, but context matters.

Prices over in the Disney World area are much higher than any other place in Florida,” Jessica Brady, AAA spokeswoman, told CBS Tampa, adding that people regularly complain about gas prices in that area.

The Sunshine State is opening up its wallet, paying an average of $3.67 a gallon of unleaded gas, 12 cents more than the national average. And it’s only expected to go up.

So how does any of that support the notion that rising gas prices are caused by the greed of oil speculators?

Typical liberal condescension.

But what you posted had nothing to do with speculators manipulating markets. Try again.

Hedging is not the same as speculation.

The point had to do with greedy speculators deliberately manipulating markets, who, according to Silver Eagle, are the reason our gasoline prices are going up. Are they, or aren't they?

No mention of greed, but Rick's last link quotes Jessica Brady, AAA spokeswoman, with a hint towards speculation:

"I know it frustrates quite a few consumers why positive news will lead to higher prices," Brady told CBS Tampa. "It really just comes down to speculation."

I'm just skimming over this thread as it grows, moreso because I love to read (albeit, lightly) about understanding the markets. I worked for 3 years in the capital markets area of a home loan lender. I don't know if you can compare the two (home lending/oil), but in the hedge/futures market, we monitored a lot of economic indicators (jobless rates, price of oil barrels, etc) to determine pricing. It seemed like there was a lot of speculation involved. I fully concede your 22 years is > my 3 years, so it is only meant as humble curiosity.

Edited by greenminer

Pres. Obama pushing wind and solar energy as solutions in his speeches. If he keeps that up, and the price of gas keeps going up, my pet frog's turd will beat him in November.

Save it, guys. Unless he is introducing an affordable solar or wind powered automobile, Americans don't want to hear any more of that crap.

The point was If gas is already near $6 in Florida it could hit well over $5 here this summer?

But its not. This story stinks. I looked on gasbuddy.com for the Orlando area. There is one. One station in Lake Buena Vista that is charging 5.89 for regular unleaded. It's not even on the Walt Disney World grounds. Its not as if it's the only station on a 100 mile stretch of the Everglades where they can gouge because they're the only game in town.There are at least 10 stations in the surrounding area, I'd say within a square mile radius, that are all charging the state average of 3.60-3.70.

That story is straight up BS, and suckers like you eat it up for some sort of glimmer of hope that it'll make Obama lose in November.

• Upvote 1

But its not. This story stinks. I looked on gasbuddy.com for the Orlando area. There is one. One station in Lake Buena Vista that is charging 5.89 for regular unleaded. It's not even on the Walt Disney World grounds. Its not as if it's the only station on a 100 mile stretch of the Everglades where they can gouge because they're the only game in town.There are at least 10 stations in the surrounding area, I'd say within a square mile radius, that are all charging the state average of 3.60-3.70.

That story is straight up BS, and suckers like you eat it up for some sort of glimmer of hope that it'll make Obama lose in November.

Buddy, It's your generation's back that Obama has piled most of the future debt on, not mine. But I wouldn't call you a sucker, I'd call you a fool.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Downvote 6

And it was your generation that got us in this mess to begin with. But keep blaming Obama, that's been going so well for you politically.

By the way, that gas buddy sight, I don't know about the regular version, but the phone app version sucks because the prices reflects a discount for a car wash on fill up only.

So when your out of town and looking for the nearest best price and go several blocks out of the way and pull in, only then do you realize that the price listed on gasbuddy that shows to be around 10 to 30 cents cheaper everywhere else must include a car wash.

I first noticed it in San Marcos last summer but they are doing it in Weatherford and FW too now.

Rick