Gas $5 a gallon by summer?

It's really time for the automotive industries to really push for cars not relying on gasoline. Call me crazy but I do think the governments can play a big part in making this push and basically mandating these firms to invest more non gasoline cars. The technology is there and has been there for a very long time.

The automotive industry, like any industry, should produce goods that are in demand. If there was sufficient demand for non gasoline cars, automotive companies would respond by developing more products for that market. As it stands, the few available models on the market have not met sales expectations (1) and that includes the impact of a $7500 federal income tax credit, without which sales would be even lower.

(1) http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/d4c53d1c-2c02-11e1-98bc-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1nKsQeXi3

I live in Cedar Hill and Filled up my tank today. I was expecting to pay more than $3.60. To my surprise, gas was only $3.53 a gallon. My point is if I had filled my tank Monday, when the gas prices started to rise. They price per gallon was $3.59 at the same station. Just my experience, not trying to ruin a good arguement.

By the way, that gas buddy sight, I don't know about the regular version, but the phone app version sucks because the prices reflects a discount for a car wash on fill up only.

So when your out of town and looking for the nearest best price and go several blocks out of the way and pull in, only then do you realize that the price listed on gasbuddy that shows to be around 10 to 30 cents cheaper everywhere else must include a car wash.

I first noticed it in San Marcos last summer but they are doing it in Weatherford and FW too now.

Rick

I use GasBuddy. Haven't seen that yet. I'll keep an eye out on it.