Louisiana Lafayette (1/25/12)

CMJ

I think all the games in conference we have lost have been by 2 or fewer points.

We have 3 conference losses. In all 3, we were shooting to win or tie with less than 5 seconds on the clock.

UALR, Jordan rimmed out a 3 from the corner as time expired, we lost by 3.

ASU, Chris drove the lane, missed a shot with less than 5 seconds on the clock. The ASU rebounder fed a running Hooten who drained a 3 from just past half court as time expired. We lost by 3.

This game, we get Tony shooting the ball and Roger on a 2nd chance shot, both miss, we lose by 2.

3 conference losses, all lost on an inability for one reason or another to hit critical shots at the end of the game.

Brutal.

Why are the forwards taking 3 pointers to win?

The play was drawn up to get our best 3-point shooter a look at a 3. He got a decent look, but just missed. I had no problem with the play Johnny drew up. I do however have a problem that the referees went to a replay because the two refs made different calls(this isn't legal), and after watching the video, they decided to count the basket, and give a double foul. Just make a decision. I'm normally pretty easy on the refs because I've reffed before and it's not an easy job, but that's just pathetic. You don't give a guy a charge and 2 points. That's just stupid, especially when the final margin of the game was 2 points. All that said, I'm ready for some revenge Saturday.

• Upvote 1

Just got home. Well, this sucks. I kind of expected the loss going in....just sorta felt like one we'd lose. We're only like 2-14 all time against the Cajuns in Lafayette.

We are 2-14 in the homer dome – the refs continue to be horrific (they took this game from us again) and when their calls start putting our players at a health risk - a risk of possible concussion– I feel we should send video clips to the SBC Commissioner and demand some changes in the ref- pool and how games are called.

The double foul was really bad – I am not sure how you can have a double foul – that one alone could have cost us the game.

• Upvote 1

This loss sucks. It especially sucks because I think we win this game 9 out of 10 different ways it could have played out. Besides T-Mitch getting in foul trouble early, Alzee went 3-15 from the field. He is our best shooter (% wise) and just had one of those nights. If he has his normal night, we stroll to a victory.

We have 3 conference losses. In all 3, we were shooting to win or tie with less than 5 seconds on the clock.

UALR, Jordan rimmed out a 3 from the corner as time expired, we lost by 3.

ASU, Chris drove the lane, missed a shot with less than 5 seconds on the clock. The ASU rebounder fed a running Hooten who drained a 3 from just past half court as time expired. We lost by 3.

This game, we get Tony shooting the ball and Roger on a 2nd chance shot, both miss, we lose by 2.

3 conference losses, all lost on an inability for one reason or another to hit critical shots at the end of the game.

Brutal.

We've also won two league games we arguably could have lost. Like it or not, 5-3 is pretty fair in the breaks department.

You know what this reminds me of? Our 2006-07 championship team. That season about half our games came down to the last minute of play (both winning and losing). I think that is what made us so good in Lafayette that March.

Edited by CMJ

We've also won two league games we arguably could have lost. Like it or not, 5-3 is pretty fair in the breaks department.

You know what this reminds me of? Our 2006-07 championship team. That season about half our games came down to the last minute of play (both winning and losing). I think that is what made us so good in Lafayette that March.

Not complaining about the cosmic injustice of it all. We're just as close to 3-5 as we are to 8-0. Just a tough way to lose conference games.

Given the situation... If we can at least go 5-3 on the back half without anyone else getting hurt... That'll get us a bye in Hot Springs. Considering how this year has gone so far... I'd take that and see what we can do with it.

Yes, arguably I'd like to win the Division - but top 5 is all we really need. Do not want to have to try and win four in four again.

I don't think we can win four games in four days. Maybe if we still had Jordan and CJ, but without them I just don't think we have the legs to make it all the way. With five teams getting a bye this I just don't think anyone will win it without having a bye, just too many teams that will be fresher.