St. Petersburg Bowl

Marty

On offense FIU has Hilton and not much else. Hilton can't stay healthy, Mario can't decide on a QB and Marshall capitalizes on a blocked punt to lead by three. I will say that FIU has more talent especially on defense. I did not think this was a good showing by Cristobal as a coach but there is 5:16 and they are only down by 3.

FIU is one of the most cockiest teams we have ever been in a league with. Maybe we were that cocky 10 years ago. Hope they pull it out but FIU played a lot like USF when they played big boys tough and won and then had inexcusable losses. Our program mirrors Marshall in ways in that we were both up at the same time and down at the same time. Keep building Green!

GMG

I think the scuffle at the end was on Marshall. the FIU player was just trying to block #97 off of the runner, not that it was going to make any diference at that point. The Marshall player got butthurt and threw the FIU player down and appeared to take a swing. If he isn't a Senior, he should be suspended for the first game of next year.

FIU probably wins that game if Hilton doesn't fumble. I don't get how he lost that ball.

I seem to recall Marshall and their fans exhibiting some of the same class when we played at their place in the D1AA playoffs. Hard to feel sorry for them and what they went through in 1970 when they act like this.

Wish we could have played FIU at the end of the season. They had every chance to put that game away and blew it.

I think that the coaching change that appears imminent (Cristobal to Pitt) took its toll on team enthusiasm. FIU seemed unfocused and lacked the enthusiasm of earlier games.

I fear that stAte may suffer the same syndrome but at least they have one advantage...they know and approve of their new coach.

• Upvote 1

I think Hawaii needed to pick someone who has done it before. They play well under fire and McMackin was not a fiery coach. I don't see Chow as a fiery coach either. I hope he succeeds but if I were Hawaii (football hungry state) I would not take a risk on a coach who has not been a successful head coach before. Plus I still think Hawaii is a great gig that gets name programs to the islands and can make solid runs to big bowl games with a fat record.

Good luck Norm. Go Bows. Go Mean Green!!!!!

P.S. - yes that fight was all Marshall. Cristobal will due fine at Pittsburgh. Penn State gig despite the problems will be a good job for whoever ends up with that one.

Asian guy?

Unorthodox, aerial assault offensive philosophy?

Hawaii?

It's so crazy, it just might work.

Very sad when people clearly do not understand. Points to why this great nation of ours has some of the problems it so clearly faes today. Not sure you know anything about it other than wanting to make light of it. So it goes. Sad. Enjoy your day...some paid for it dearly on Jan. 1, 2008...grandstand my rear end. If pointing out the day is grandstanding, I want to lead the grandstading from this day forward. Pointless to discuss furher

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Very sad when people clearly do not understand. Points to why this great nation of ours has some of the problems it so clearly faes today. Not sure you know anything about it other than wanting to make light of it. So it goes. Sad. Enjoy your day...some paid for it dearly on Jan. 1, 2008...grandstand my rear end. If pointing out the day is grandstanding, I want to lead the grandstading from this day forward. Pointless to discuss furher

I'm shocked that the Chow hiring hasn't generated more TV and newspaper publicity.

From what I've heard, you can see the fence around Chow's yard from outer space. Seems pretty newsworthy to me.

Once again it's the "usual suspects" that continue to derail a day that was has lived in infamy. Proud of you. Nice job. Thanks.

Who would you consider the usual suspects in a coaching change? June Jones? Todd Graham?

Because looking at Chow's resume... BYU, NC State, USC, Tennessee Titans, UCLA, Utah, and now Hawaii... Graham gets a lot of flak for job hopping, but Chow's resume makes it obvious he can ping-pong as well as any other coach in football.

How long until Hawaii ends up with a long and painful rebuilding process? I don't think anyone can claim to be surprised by this if things don't go well.