Lady Mean Green vs New Mexico

FirefightnRick

ntwins1.jpg

Ladies win it 63-50 in front of 900 at home. :goodjob:

So Coach Aston wins her debut on the road and at home. One more win and she will be more than half way to matching all the wins for last year. NT Ladies are 2-0 for the first time since 2005 I believe? Nice start!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 4

NT forced 33 turnovers and outrebounded UNM even though UNM had 9 players 6 foot or taller, including a 6 foot 5 center in Emily Stark.

That's some damn good defense right there.

Rick

What we lack in talent and height is made up in hustle & D !

Totally different team.

ntwins1.jpg

Ladies win it 63-50 in front of 900 at home. :goodjob:

So Coach Aston wins her debut on the road and at home. One more win and she will be more than half way to matching all the wins for last year. NT Ladies are 2-0 for the first time since 2005 I believe? Nice start!

Rick

The bold is embarrassing, great win for Aston too bad the support is not there.

When a Southland school can bring in 3500 at home, this is bad. Hope Aston can keep the good work up and bring the fans into the seats.

No really up on women's college ball. Is UNM any good?

Also, I heard very good things about Coach Aston from a relative of a player on the womens team. Let's just say that our new Ladies coach is big on responsibility, on and off the floor.

They were picked 4th in the Mountain West behind TCU, SDSU, and Colorado State. Preseason polls don't mean much, but this does seem like a very solid win. Oral Roberts on Wednesday will be the toughest test of the season so far.

Had to work and wasn't able to make tonight's game. However, made it to UTA last Friday night instead of men's game against St. Gregory's. I thought the women's game would be more competitive...it was for a half and then it was all Mean Green!

Two observations:

1. The ladies better be in good physcial shape or they won't be on the court long

2. Mental mistakes won't be tolerated....will be pulled out of the game quickly and talked to

Tough choice for next Tuesday: Men vs. UTA at Arlington or Women vs. SMU in Denton...wish they were on different nights! These conflicts in scheduling make if difficult to support both teams.

Had to work and wasn't able to make tonight's game. However, made it to UTA last Friday night instead of men's game against St. Gregory's. I thought the women's game would be more competitive...it was for a half and then it was all Mean Green!

Two observations:

1. The ladies better be in good physcial shape or they won't be on the court long

2. Mental mistakes won't be tolerated....will be pulled out of the game quickly and talked to

Tough choice for next Tuesday: Men vs. UTA at Arlington or Women vs. SMU in Denton...wish they were on different nights! These conflicts in scheduling make if difficult to support both teams.

Crap. I didn't notice that conflict. I'm leaning toward the men's game, but watching us beat SMU sure would be nice as well.

My observations from the game last night:

1)As stated above Aston will not hesitate to pull someone out when they make a mistake.

2)Godbolt was a beast on the boards despite the Lobos size advantage.

3)Hudson has a real nose for the ball, she seemed to be making steals left and right.

4)Turnout for the game was horrible.