For When it Comes Up Later in the Season

Why dance around racism?

And I'm not gonna be optimistic about ANYONE who comes to play for ULM until we balance the demographics a little more and put more white players on our teams. All we've had are streetballers and no fundamentals for the past decade.

Call me out on my remarks, but every one of you on this messageboard knows I'm right. Look at Duke...Look at Butler...Look at Wisconsin...Look at just about any team that has a good balance and they are usually moderately to highly successful.

Michigan had probably the best mix of black players of any team ever with the Fab 5 and STILL couldn't win the big one....and well, you know all the controversy that happened with their criminal issues.

I'm not saying that that all black athletes are unlawful or bad in the classroom....but they CONSISTENTLY lack CORE FUNDAMENTALS and make more bad decisions on emotion than with good decision making.

Kobe and Jordan, while they are awesome players (Jordan was more fundamentally sound IMHO), they essentially RUINED basketball fundamentals because EVERY up and coming black player wants to shine like those two. Essentially it's MORE ABOUT ME and NOT THE TEAM.

However....Magic Johnson, Dennis Johnson, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Karl Malone...ALL kept the pureness of the game...

Until we start seeing more black players modeling the latter list, I will NEVER change my viewpoint.

Bottom line...we have TOO MANY FOLLOWERS based on the "ME" concept and not enough leaders based on the "TEAM" concept.

I welcome your rebuttals.

Ummm wow. So Jordan ruined basketball? Last I checked the idea was to outscore your opponent, he and Kobe have/had a funny way of doing that. And Jordan sure lacked those fundamentals...how many times did he make the NBA's first team defense again?

But I can totally see his point. I've often thought a return to the four corners and the granny shot would result in more titles.

Um, wow.

Now, we could use the one and done mentality and the resultant lack of time in college to mature one's game as a basis for the lack of fundamentals in today's game (I think almost everyone on his fundamentally sound list spent multiple years playing ball in college). Also we could blame ESPN for showing nothing but dunks and never a nice long passing sequence and maybe just toss in the entitlement a 18 YO star athlete has been brought up to feed on.

Now, we could use the one and done mentality and the resultant lack of time in college to mature one's game as a basis for the lack of fundamentals in today's game (I think almost everyone on his fundamentally sound list spent multiple years playing ball in college). Also we could blame ESPN for showing nothing but dunks and never a nice long passing sequence and maybe just toss in the entitlement a 18 YO star athlete has been brought up to feed on.

Nope. It's because they're black.

Looks like a certain stormfront follower on GMG could fit right in. Didn't we get past this with Texas Western about 45 years ago?

I agree with the comment that ESPN's incessant showing of "highlight plays" is what's hurt team basketball at times. But there are plenty of examples of teams that play the right way that aren't private schools like Duke/Butler.

How about Michigan State for instance. They are nearly always one of the best, most fundamentally coached teams in the land. Ever see the makeup of their roster?

• Upvote 2

Looks like a certain stormfront follower on GMG could fit right in. Didn't we get past this with Texas Western about 45 years ago?

I agree with the comment that ESPN's incessant showing of "highlight plays" is what's hurt team basketball at times. But there are plenty of examples of teams that play the right way that aren't private schools like Duke/Butler.

How about Michigan State for instance. They are nearly always one of the best, most fundamentally coached teams in the land. Ever see the makeup of their roster?

No. But based on your description of their play, I would guess they're a bunch of white guys?

• Upvote 3