Heckling behind the visitor bench.

KellenJemeyson

I've heard several stories about our students heckling the visiting players and fans. I think its great. I hope we can continue to make Apogee a place where teams hate to play, the more distracted they are the better. Has anyone heard any other stories about our students getting in people's heads? I have heard/read about the irate FAU player and the ULM mascot throwing water on our fans.

• Upvote 2

I've heard several stories about our students heckling the visiting players and fans. I think its great. I hope we can continue to make Apogee a place where teams hate to play, the more distracted they are the better. Has anyone heard any other stories about our students getting in people's heads? I have heard/read about the irate FAU player and the ULM mascot throwing water on our fans.

Yup, I'm on the 50 on the student section. Our Super Pit is notorious for heckling the visitor bench, we could never do this at Fouts. So, yeah, we've been ABSOLUTELY BRUTAL to the Visitors. They are not going to want to play here, I guarantee you most other stadiums other than some one like Tech or A&M aren't as vicious as we've been the past few games. I love this new tradition. No one will want to play here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yup, I'm on the 50 on the student section. Our Super Pit is notorious for heckling the visitor bench, we could never do this at Fouts. So, yeah, we've been ABSOLUTELY BRUTAL to the Visitors. They are not going to want to play here, I guarantee you most other stadiums other than some one like Tech or A&M aren't as vicious as we've been the past few games. I love this new tradition. No one will want to play here.

Now HERE is a great tradition to build on.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 2

Now HERE is an great tradition to build on.

FAU game we kept "reeling them in", and ULM it was also pretty ridiculous. I'm keeping the heckling going, it's quite amusing. I can't think of many other college football teams who are, first off, as close as we are to them, but also, as vicious as we are. It's pretty much a home field advantage to make up for lack of attendance. Student section is just making Apogee loud and angry at visitors.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You must be proud. It's sportsmanship at its best. (sarcasm) And we wonder why we have no friends.

Taunting often works against you rather than for you. If it gets to you your response will be to go out and knock the crap out of your opponent.

Doesn't work like that. It rattles them and often leads to mistakes due to lack of focus. The more visiting players we have worrying about fans the better. Hopefully they will go out and get flagged for a personal foul. If you don't think this approach works for the home team go see a game at LSU.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You must be proud. It's sportsmanship at its best. (sarcasm) And we wonder why we have no friends.

Taunting often works against you rather than for you. If it gets to you your response will be to go out and knock the crap out of your opponent.

God, I hate our fan base sometimes. Seriously. I have never seen a more uptight group of out of touch "football fans". Why don't we golf clap when we score a TD? I bet you found it outrageous that our band played over their fight song and finished their chant.

If we don't have a typical FBS atmosphere, we won't have attendance. Guarantee you McCarney and Villareal like what WE do, and not what YOU do.

Edited by rjmunthe
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

God, I hate our fan base sometimes. Seriously. I have never seen a more uptight group of out of touch "football fans". Why don't we golf clap when we score a TD? I bet you found it outrageous that our band played over their fight song and finished their chant.

If we don't have a typical FBS atmosphere, we won't have attendance. Guarantee you McCarney and Villareal like what WE do, and not what YOU do.

But wait, tell us where you sit again? I can't seem to remember...

• Upvote 2

i have had sideline passes for 2 n.tex. games when d.d. was coaching,one at ull, the other at a-state. the a-state students were so fouled mouthed that their camera crew tapeing game highlights appologized to me for their actions. i'm no prude, but there is a fine line between heckeling and just being filthy. not that they care, but they lost my respect for their students.

One of my personal favorite heckling victims are the trainers. I got a ULM trainer to completely lose it. I kept on telling her that it was her fault that the team was losing and stuff like that.

I love getting into the trainers, coaches, and support staff's head. When I was in the GB at Fouts, during the march around the track I would heckle the coaches and players. We were like 10 yards from them! It was awesome.

But Apogee is way better for in-game-heckling.

I take personal pride in never having sworn during my heckling. I'm not against swearing- but I love cleverly heckling with out using swearing as a tool. I also love heckling so intensley that even the event staff and police in the area have to laugh at it.

It's one of my favorite parts of the game.

• Upvote 1

Heckling from the student section is a must. It's part of the fun for the students. That's one reason the student section is purposefully placed behind their bench. Alumni are supposed to show class, not students. I loved it even at fouts when the opposing team would turn around and acknowledge us in some way because that just confirmed we were doing our job.

Keep it going guys. The record is beginning to speak for itself. Any way we can get a home field advantage I'm all for it.

• Downvote 1