2012 JUCO - John Odoh - 6'10" C

Brett Vito

John Odoh, a 6-10 center who will play the upcoming season at Hill College, has orally committed to play for North Texas.

Odoh, who visited UNT on Friday, backed out of a commitment to Southern Miss to join UNT's recruiting class.

Oral commitments are non-binding. Odoh will have his first opportunity to sign with UNT during the early period this fall.

Hill College head coach Swede Trenkle confirmed via text message early Saturday morning that Odoh has committed to UNT.

Odoh played his freshman season at Lincoln Trail College in Illinois, where he averaged 9.7 points, eight rebounds and 3.3 blocks per game.

DRC

Click here to view the article

• Upvote 2

Looks like SUMG was all over this one!

Appears to be the type of player we need to compliment the others in 12-13.

YES ! Thanks to SUMG for the scoop !

I noticed Vito didn't include Pye in the verbals and rivals , who has since updated their database, still didn't show him as a commit. I know he said a few weeks ago he was still coming to Denton and you yourself confirmed it , but is he maybe wavering ? Wouldn't be a great loss with all the good guards still out there , but still just curious

YES ! Thanks to SUMG for the scoop !

I noticed Vito didn't include Pye in the verbals and rivals , who has since updated their database, still didn't show him as a commit. I know he said a few weeks ago he was still coming to Denton and you yourself confirmed it , but is he maybe wavering ? Wouldn't be a great loss with all the good guards still out there , but still just curious

Pye is not wavering, neither is UNT. He will sign during early period.

Cooley, don't you think Pye will give this team the one thing it doesn't have, an outside shooter?

Very good shooter!

Can't be much taller than 6-1. Plays the point for Timberview but does not have the skills to play it at the Sunbelt level. Too small, in my opinion, to be an effective two guard.

Does not have the quickness, athletic ability or handles to create his own shot for his size. We are his best offer.

Very good high school player.

Hopefully we can reach out to the Nigerian & French communities this year to help boost attendence

We just need to reach out to Coach Pat Washington at Dallas Woodrow Wilson. The guy has a serious pipeline to African kids. His roster annually has 2-3 kids ranging from 6-7 to 6-9. He coached the African Under 19 team just a few years back.

Any idea about Odoh's game? Not a lot of info out there but like his stats. I also like how his info on the USM rivals site has recently disappeared like he didn't exist! Doesn't even show him with an offer from USM which is BS.

Very good shooter!

Can't be much taller than 6-1. Plays the point for Timberview but does not have the skills to play it at the Sunbelt level. Too small, in my opinion, to be an effective two guard.

Does not have the quickness, athletic ability or handles to create his own shot for his size. We are his best offer.

Very good high school player.

From a very reliable source:

If Pye ends up at UNT, it will be as a walk-on!

We're going big with the last scholarship

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Odoh signed his LOI on 11/9. Welcome to North Texas!

http://www.meangreen...TCLID=205330436

Odoh will not graduate from Hill College until December 2012 an is not eligible to play at any D1 school until the 2013-2014 school year.

This former North Texas signee may still yet have a chance of playing at North Texas, but I'll leave that evaluation to Coach Benford.

• Upvote 3

Odoh will not graduate from Hill College until December 2012 an is not eligible to play at any D1 school until the 2013-2014 school year.

This former North Texas signee may still yet have a chance of playing at North Texas, but I'll leave that evaluation to Coach Benford.

Considering he wouldn't even talk to Benford on the phone, I think the chances of him coming here are about zero.

I would expect to see him in a LSU uniform for the 2013/14 season, if he is in any uniform at all.