What "Out of Conference" Opponents do we have for next year?

elPRESIDENTE

Looking to see if anybody has insight to next year's non-conference teams we play next year and which ones are home games?

Also, do we still have the contract to play SMU in 2014?

It's not looking good so far for next season. I don't see any OOC home games yet. Might be a good season to schedule an FCS team at home, like Stephen F. Austin or Lamar.

We have Ball State and Ohio in back-to-back weekend in early September in 2013. SMU at home starts the series in 2014.

A few of us were talking with Rick V at a tail gate and I believe I understood him to say he was still trying to do something for next years OOC home schedule.

I am not one who wants to play any school below our division as Texas Southern U is, but at one time we were 1-AA and on the D1-A UT Longhorn's football schedule several times (and others similar as well).

Might be in our best interest to adopt Bill Snyder's old Kansas State "schedule a few potential patsy schools" scheduling formula until we can get this team some confidence and some wins. I know we have been the patsy in the past, but man can't you feel that will soon be a thing of the past?

Spoke to an IU alum who drove down from Bloomington at half time and he was very, very kind about all that he saw at our Apogee Stadium and what he sees as a true program on the rise.

He grew up in Iowa so he for certain had nothing but praise for Pope Fry and I told him we had one of Pope Fry's, uh, Cardinals :rolleyes: with our hiring of Bill McCarney. He was really a nice, cordial Hoosier and we wished each other's teams a good year.

It is so great to be able to experience major college football with all the ammenties in Denton, Texas, America. Looks like the Denia-ites are probably happy about it, too, after looking at a few of their yard signs with "Park Here" written on them.:)

I think you mean Dan McCarney. Bill McCartney was the Colorado coach who founded Promise Keepers.

Gol' darn those senior moments!

I know I told him "Dan" but I just posted Bill because I am dog tired MG 93-98. It has been a busy weekend. DJ'ed a birthday party in Granbury on Friday night that earlier in the week was moved from Saturday to Friday; then I spent time with my Mean Green & Friends at the Mean Green Village from 3:15 PM till I got back to Weatherford post-game about midnight and today...I DJ'ed a 50'th Wedding Annivesary at a venue between Wea'ford and Mineral Wells. I'm not sure I know my name at the moment, but thanks for the correction anyway. lol!

GMG!