Stadium Sound system and Net

KingDL1

The ref mic problems are obviously the worst issue, the volume control on the whole audio system seemed pretty up and down. Sometimes way too loud.

The net in front of the main Jumbo=tron is not good, this needs to be on a reel. My section and seats are in section 205 rows 2 & 3 the net obstructs the screen. Maybe it is the angle maybe it is the net covers only 3/4s of the screen. But when the background on the screen is on the light side the screen is very bothersome. Why do we have an awesome Jumbo-tron and have it is burred and obstructed by a net. Why isn't the protection net on a pulley system and up only for kicks?

gallery_1_61_479998.jpg

• Upvote 1

Usually it is way to loud.

It was beyond normal loud of stadiums, maybe a hard rock concert, but when my ears twinge with pain it is a bit too loud. I am a guy used being around jets with some ear damage, it takes more then average loud to get to me

Edited by KingDL1

I happen to have seats next to a man who's somehow involved with the sound system and making sure it works. He was not happy about it still not working well. So I know they are working hard to fix the situation. Although he was not happy about this he did have a good sense of humor about the issue. His friend was giving him s*** about it and by the end of the night I was jumping in on it we were comparing the connection to one you might have when talking to someone from Argentina on a cell phone.

Sound was great in 210 as well. Maybe the issue is giving all the seats a uniform experience rather than turning the volume down.

The sound was great most of the time but crazy loud here and there for us. I think it was the ads and music that hit hard. The on field mic issue was the worst problem.

The net thing must have to do with distance and angle, but it should not be covered.

There are some older fans in my section who stuffed napkins in their ears. I drive with my stereo turned all the way up to 11 and even I thought "Welcome to the Jungle" was WAYYY too loud.

I actually enjoyed that, Crazy Train, and Enter Sandman, because they were short 20-30 second clips at times where the crowd needed to make some noise and got everyone into it. I mentioned the pre-game because it was just sustained, incredibly loud music for something that should have just been background distraction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DP89iMe0BY

I thought it was way too loud before the game started but I thought they turned the level down during the game. I thought the volume was better from the first game.

I went down and talked to the event staff during the pre-game because the noise level was actually painful. There were a bunch of other people down there asking about the same thing. They got it corrected shortly thereafter. Props to Guest Services for promptly addressing the issue.

• Upvote 1

When I texted my athletics staff friend about it I was told that the team requests it that loud during pre-game.

That's all well and good, but volume levels that can be damaging to the ears is unacceptable. My ears were hurting after Welcome to the Jungle. And like I said earlier, I normally listen to my music loud.

The net in front of the main Jumbo=tron is not good, this needs to be on a reel. My section and seats are in section 205 rows 2 & 3 the net obstructs the screen.

The net is an issue for us too... also, our seats are dangerously close to each other.

you may notice me on row 2 if you spot the loud intoxicated guy that looks a little like this...

southparkgamernerd.gif