FIU 3-0

BIG DAWG

Even with a MCL sprain, I couldn't image Kinne being ready to play in 2 weeks. Hate to see that for Kinne and Tulsa, but it is a break for UNT.

Grade 2 MCL tear. Expected to miss 2 to 4 weeks. I really , really , really doubt we see him. I'Im sure his target date to return will be a conference game the following week vs UAB

I hope we can knock off IU then have a good crowd for the Tulsa game. To go 2 - 2 in OOC would be a great accomplishment

I like FIU's OOC scheduling much better than our's historically. I'll take Louisville, Duke, Central Fla., etc... over Bama, LSU, UT, etc... I do like our scheduling against Indiana, Tulsa and Houston, but wouldn't mind seeing us dump the games against Top Five opponents. I know it is tough to project where teams will be ranked when the contracts are signed, but we know some of these will always be up there.

• Upvote 1

FIU got 11 votes in the coaches poll and 4 in the AP. A win next week would get them close to top 25 material. A win against Duke in week 5 (at home) will get them in the top 25. Just goes to show you that the conference isn't holding any of our teams back...our brutal OOC schedules are. I am going to be cheering for FIU all year. This might sound crazy but they could be a BCS buster with a little luck and a Boise loss.

• Upvote 1

Speaking of injuries, T.Y. Hilton suffered a hamstring injury in the second quarter of FIU's win over UCF. The score was tied 7-7 at the time and, I think the fact they were able to still win the game with their best player on the sidelines, speaks volumes about how good they are this year.

Too bad we didn't get to face them sans Hilton.

hamstrings are a tough thing for speed guys...and, he might be a little bit fast. just maybe.

I say rest him for U-lala and duke. I'm pretty sure FIU can handle both of them. Bring him back for the Akron, Arkie State, and Troy run.

They do look good, and if they can beat UCF without TY, surely they can get past duke and U-lala.