Man I Had such a Great Time!

Harry

Completely agree and had the same feeling when I got inside the stadium. It's something that only the Mean Green Nation and the few folks who visited Fouts over the years can truly appreciate. Thinking back it's a wonder we were ever able to field a competitive team at all while recruiting to Fouts and is a huge testiment to our coaches and players of the past. Now that this corner has been turned our program will reap the benefits for years to come.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

I just loved the enthusiasm of the students and fans in that stadium. The experience at Apogee made the experience at Fouts over the past 25 years feel like a glorified high school experience. It is wonderful to walk into our new home and feel a semi-pro state of the art environment. It still had a college atmosphere with pro amenities. It was just awesome and I cannot wait to return!

GMG

I couldn't agree more.

I know we will discuss it more on the Chat and Podcast on Wednesday, but everything was top notch.

Sure there were a few hiccups here and there, nothing major, but you had to expect that. In fact the only real complaints I heard were regarding the parking and the growing pains that go along with a facility and program like ours.

The bottom line is that the Athletic Department did their homework and they made it work. Hats off to them. Most of them will get one shot in their career to open a facility like this and they made the most of it.

:goodjob:

The bottom line is that the Athletic Department did their homework and they made it work. Hats off to them. Most of them will get one shot in their career to open a facility like this and they made the most of it.

:goodjob:

You are so right, Evan.

I am so proud for the Athletic Department staff. Many of us on this board have watched these dedicated people work very hard as they prepared for the first game, as well as the whole first season, in our beautiful new stadium.

Thanks to all of the staff who have been so accomodating to me and the rest of the fans as we all anticipated the opening of Apogee Stadium.

The AD staff should be feeling so proud of their efforts as they go to work on this Monday morning.

GMG

What a great experience! Brought the t-shirt wearing family out for an evening of Mean Green. Can't say enough good things about pre-game, facilities, food, and fans. Parked on campus and walked, and enjoyed every minute of it. Wins will come, and we'll be back to see them first hand.

GMG.

-Fastball (90) and Mrs. Fastball (91).

When the Mean Green ran out onto that field I was all but speechless and my eyes were actually watering a bit...the speechless part is much more significant as to the fact that any one who knows me at all can rightfully attest.

You just have to thank RV and his "vision" for keeping this dream alive for the Mean green faithful and for turning that dream into a reality.

• Upvote 1

Harry

Let me add a 4th tailgaiting spot to your list. The East side of the Victory parking lot. We set up out there on the old golf course over by the pond. It is close to the "Hill" but not quite as crowded. The open grass area makes for a real nice area for the kids to play around as well. I wouldnt be suprised to see a inpromtu football game breaking out over there before it is all said and done.

I loaded up on food before heading in so I wouldn't have to pay for concessions. Now regretting that decision. I dare say Apogee Stadium has a better selection than Rangers Ballpark.

I turned in my club seats to have lower bowl seats for a couple reasons, but that is a big one. My wife and I want easy access to concessions that aren't offered upstairs, and we want to be able to bring friends with us. I WANT SOME NACHOS!

• Upvote 1