I think I found why we didnt play very well! Incredible

MeanGreen01

I just found this on Youtube and was pretty shocked. I hope and bet this won't happen again when Houston comes to town, otherwise, it will be another long evening for Mean Green Country!!

Pregame

Go Mean Green

I wouldn't jump to conclusions based on 1:30 worth of video. We could probably take that same 1:30 out of my day and conclude that all I do is read the newspaper on the throne.

• Upvote 3

I sure hope it was way early in the day and not too close to kickoff. Still would like to see our guys looking over their playbooks and scouting reports. Like Derek Thompson said, "We weren't prepared enough for this game"

I think this could end up being a good thing though. Realizing they need to come more prepared. Still early in the season so it could be a good early lesson learned; especially for the younger guys.

Edited by MeanGreen01

I know the game was delayed but this is a conference game and the first game of the season. I'm not saying this was the total cause for a terrible first quarter play, and game for that matter, but it does make you wonder.

Edited by MeanGreen01
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

At :43 secs in, did you see one of our players drop a pass??

Now THAT was indicative!! HAHAHAHAHA! laugh.gif

Seriously...guess in hind site, all that lolly gagging and slow-walking needs to stop, we need to pep it up some. Show some ENERGY!!!

One thing I have said many times now is that before the Army game last year the team looked like zombies during the pre-game warm-up. Looked to be the same tonight, really, and pretty much same results.

I know the game was delayed but this is a conference game and the first game of the season. I'm not saying this was the total cause for a terrible first quarter play, and game for that matter, but it does make you wonder.

It doesn't make me wonder. There's a lot of time before a game, and most of the serious prep would've been closer to kickoff than that video.

• Upvote 1

Great find. They look scared out of their mind....except for the one dancing.

Had we won the game and then you watched this pre-game video you'd be saying: "Look how relaxed they are, the quiet confidence they have. They look like a team that knows they are going to win."

Dumb.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I just found this on Youtube and was pretty shocked. I hope and bet this won't happen again when Houston comes to town, otherwise, it will be another long evening for Mean Green Country!!

SERIOUSLY???!!!!

Once again some posters on this board show they have never played a down of organized football. This could have been a scene out of any college or high school locker room before a game especially if there is a weather delay. It is obvious this video was taken several hours before game time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How dare they! The team should have been sacrificing disabled panther cubs or at least pushing an old lady down the stairs or something. Show some passion! The dancing and listening to music before the game must stop immediately. Does RV know that they were being typical 18-22 year old kids? They could have at least been watching Braveheart or Any Given Sunday clips. We should all burn our season tickets post haste.

Not sure what the point of this thread is. What do you expect of random pre-game footage? I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

I expect to see the guys taking sledge hammers to their dinky little chairs while roaring like lions. Maybe if the intensity picked up a little more, they would fight each other.

Or, maybe if they brought some cards, get a good Spades tournament going... I dunno, either way is cool.

I'm not asking that everyone agree C&S. I do see your side as well. But when you come out and have 28 points scored on you in a little less than one quarter then I would bet something was seriuosly wrong with the preparation for this game. The other team might have been better but FIU isnt an OU team of 2007! ( which I watched that game in Norman and it was embarrassing)

I would also like to say your assumption about me never playing a down of football is far from true. I did play organized football, Sherman's QB in 94' and 95'. Leading our team to the State Semi-finals and got beat by Stephenville both years. (coached then by Art Briles, Baylor's current Head Coach) I do know a little about organized football

It's Showtime

Again, I would think there would be a little more excitement for a conference game and 1st game of the season! Maybe that's just me still getting excited about the game.

Listen to the coach's post game interview, half his answers were how they werent ready for this game! Listen to Derek Thompson's interview. It's obvious to me but again I've never played Organized football.

Edited by MeanGreen01
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I'm not asking that everyone agree C&S. I do see your side as well. But when you come out and have 28 points scored on you in a little less than one quarter then I would bet something was seriuosly wrong with the preparation for this game. The other team might have been better but FIU isnt an OU team of 2007! ( which I watched that game in Norman and it was embarrassing)

I would also like to say your assumption about me never playing a down of football is far from true. I did play organized football, Sherman's QB in 94' and 95'. Leading our team to the State Semi-finals and got beat by Stephenville both years. (coached then by Art Briles, Baylor's current Head Coach) I do know a little about organized football

It's Showtime

Again, I would think there would be a little more excitement for a conference game and 1st game of the season! Maybe that's just me still getting excited about the game.

Listen to the coach's post game interview, half his answers were how they werent ready for this game! Listen to Derek Thompson's interview. It's obvious to me but again I've never played Organized football.

So, congratulations on playing organized football AND making a stupid point?

If you think the prep that wins games is in the pregame stretching, I don't think you paid much attention during your all-too brief career. Did Art Briles just have a better warm-up formation?

• Upvote 2

So, congratulations on playing organized football AND making a stupid point?

If you think the prep that wins games is in the pregame stretching, I don't think you paid much attention during your all-too brief career. Did Art Briles just have a better warm-up formation?

Remind me, the next time I see your wife, to scream continuously at her stomach.

I am going to do my part to make sure your kids are motivated not to be late for their first day of school.

It takes a village.