Post-Game Interview

UNTflyer

Well, plain and simple, this was tough. Could be first game jitters from the players AND the coaching stff. But, frankly, I expected better from both. Am I going to cry and piss and moan, no, but I did expect a more creative game plan on offense, better tackling and a bit better play by the freshmen and from our QB. This is going to be a learning process and Coach Mac and Co. Has some work to do, but all is not lost. I still see a 5 win season, not sure about that 6 and 6 thing any longer, but folks, it is not time to panic. We all remember that first game of the Dodge era inNorman. Well, this was bad, but not that bad, and we have the Coaching staff to make faster corrections in both scheme and personnel.

Let's all realize what this was and stay the course. It may get even worse before it gets better this season, but it will get better. Book it Danno!

I'm willing to give this guy as much time as we gave Dodge, but this one was painful to watch.

I think we go 0-5, then win 4 straight.

Not me I think Dodge got a year too much time for sure, and really two years too long for the way we played. We need to see consistent marked improvement and we did not.

If Coach Dan is half the coach I think he is we will see plenty of improvement over the first season. I did expect more from the first game.

Good interview. I think he knows the buck stops with him. He said, "Hopefully we'll be the most improved team between week 1 and week 2." I certainly hope so, especially from that 1st quarter.

Well, statistically, the biggest improvement has always been between week one and two.

The biggest weaknesses of last years team (and several years before) was it's inability (unwillingness?) to fly to the ball, and it's inability to wrap-up once a defensive player got his hands on an opponent.

From what I observed, nothing has changed.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Well, statistically, the biggest improvement has always been between week one and two.

The biggest weaknesses of last years team (and several years before) was it's inability (unwillingness?) to fly to the ball, and it's inability to wrap-up once a defensive player got his hands on an opponent.

Emmit touched on it: it looks like this is going to take more than one off-season to fix.

Did anyone record the post-game coach interview? I want to hear how mad DMac was.

But, but but the circle drill!!!

It's hard for a team to fly to the ball when you're getting your ass handed to you.

Yeah he said if he hears any excuses or finger pointing they won't be on this team.

At last Sunday's Cannon practice, Coach Mac stopped by to offer words of encouragement to the Talons. He finished off by saying that he would not promise a win this week, but he used this quote from "Braveheart"

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to pick a fight."

"... Well, we didn't get dressed up for nothin."

He said "we're going to go down there and pick a fight".

I think he forgot to tell the team.

• Upvote 1