2011 UNT Kickoff Cookout Thoughts

Harry

I will accept the Patriots jersey as an excuse from an assumed extremely patriotic citizen that wishes to display his patriotism and loyalty to football through a patriots jersey. Yes, I'm assuming much to allow him a slide.

As for the current UNT student with a UT Douche lanyard, he should be stoned.

Edited by Green2012

I would encourage everyone to start the push with friends and other alumni to make sure we have a full stadium on September 10, and to make sure it is full of UNT fan. There should be only one spot of red, and that should be in the visitor ticket section.

Start the push early, make sure they know they date when single game tickets go on sale (August 15) and try and make sure they get them early.

Ya, it's real nice. Now, let's fill it up!

• Upvote 3

We had a fantastic time! That climb to the top of the wing is brutal. I ran halfway up and took two steps at a time. Definitely a nice workout.

We already had season tickets but ended up donating more money on Saturday to upgrade our seats. :)

And then went and bought a bunch of stuff from the spirit shop. I'd be curious to know how much they sold on Saturday. There was a long line the entire time we were there. It was a blast and so exciting to see everyone there. It was an added bonus to tailgate before hand with some of our GMG.com bowl game friends too.

We are bringing several TCU alumni and fans with us on opening day. They are pretty excited to see the new stadium.

• Upvote 3

This. I switched my seats yesterday and got a look at sections on their computer screen. Tons of open seats. The paper tags on the "available seats" was purely a marketing ploy to create a sense of urgency.

And a very shrewd one at that. Scarcity creates demand. I heard several people walking around looking at the seats with tags on them and debating which ones to get and how they better do it right then. Very smart move on the AD marketing department's part. :goodjob:

• Upvote 2

It was an added bonus to tailgate before hand with some of our GMG.com bowl game friends too.

Well, let me just say, the "bonus" was all mine, my bride's and the other GMG.com Bowl fans who stopped by to tailgate with you guys. It made the wait until the stadium opened pass very quickly indeed...want to say many thanks for cold beer as well! GMG.Com Bowl folks and cold beer...before the Kickoff Cookout...doesn't get much better than that...thanks for making a great evening even greater!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!

• Upvote 2