Great night of baseball. Texas earns homefield advantage for the first round. Boston blows a one run lead in the 9th and lose to The O's, and the Rays make up a 7 run deficit in the 8th and 9th then win it in the bottom of the 12th against the Yankees to earn the wildcard. All following a 13 inning game between Philly and Atlanta to send the braves home for the year and help the Cards complete one of the greatest comebacks in recent history to make the playoffs from being down 10 games back in August.

It's gonna be a great October

Rick.

Edited by FirefightnRick

Not sure which of the 2 baseball threads to post this in (or start a new one) - but here is the LDS schedule (times are EDT).

Gm 1 DET @ NYY Fri Sep. 30 8:37 PM TBS

Gm 2 DET @ NYY Sat Oct. 1 8:37 PM TBS

Gm 3 NYY @ DET Mon Oct. 3 8:37 PM TBS

Gm 4* NYY @ DET Tue Oct. 4 TBD TBS

Gm 5* DET @ NYY Thu Oct. 6 TBD TBS

Gm 1 TB @ TEX Fri Sep. 30 5:07 PM TBS

Gm 2 TB @ TEX Sat Oct. 1 7:07 PM TNT

Gm 3 TEX @ TB Mon Oct. 3 5:07 PM TBS

Gm 4* TEX @ TB Tue Oct. 4 TBD TBS

Gm 5* TB @ TEX Thu Oct. 6 TBD TBS

Gm 1 STL @ PHI Sat Oct. 1 5:07 PM TBS

Gm 2 STL @ PHI Sun Oct. 2 8:07 PM TBS

Gm 3 PHI @ STL Tue Oct. 4 TBD TBS

Gm 4* PHI @ STL Wed Oct. 5 TBD TBS

Gm 5* STL @ PHI Fri Oct. 7 TBD TBS

Gm 1 ARI @ MIL Sat Oct. 1 2:07 PM TBS

Gm 2 ARI @ MIL Sun Oct. 2 4:37 PM TBS

Gm 3 MIL @ ARI Tue Oct. 4 TBD TBS

Gm 4* MIL @ ARI Wed Oct. 5 TBD TBS

Gm 5* ARI @ MIL Fri Oct. 7 TBD TBS

Why is Kinsler still batting leadoff? The guy is hitting .250 and is back to his love affair with that upper cut homerun swing. I am not sure what was so wrong with Andrus leading off or someone else like Chavez, Borbon (if healthy) etc. I am completely frustrated with Kinsler and he will be the crippler to the success of this offense if he doesn't get his act together. Get him down to 6th or 7th and maybe he'll go back to his 2010 or 2008 form. If I am JD id welcome trade offers this off season because offensively he's become a complete whip.

DERP.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

DERP.

There are times when I feel like he redeems himself but this guy is capable of being a CONSISTENT .320-.330 hitter. If he can take walks then he can do it with any type of hitting style. I'll take the high average and about 15-20 homers versus the .240 to .255 average and 32 homers. His home run affection could really hurt this team in the post season in key situations. I'm just sayin....

There are times when I feel like he redeems himself but this guy is capable of being a CONSISTENT .320-.330 hitter. If he can take walks then he can do it with any type of hitting style. I'll take the high average and about 15-20 homers versus the .240 to .255 average and 32 homers. His home run affection could really hurt this team in the post season in key situations. I'm just sayin....

.255 average, but a .355 on-base percentage...Kins finished 9th in MLB in walks.

In fact, there are 5 players in the top 50 in the MLB in walks who have a favorable BB:K ratio...

5. Dustin Pedroia (86:85, 1.01)

4. Prince Feilder (107:106, 1.01)

3. Joey Bats (132:111, 1.19)

2. Miggy (108:89, 1.21)

...and

1. Ian Kinsler (89:71, 1.25)

• Upvote 1

I agree that it's classy, but I'm not sure that it fires the team up. That was a pretty major downer when it happened, and I'm not sure the psychological factor of reminding everybody (especially Josh) will be positive.

Maybe not "fire up" like we think Thunderstruck or Welcome To The Jungle...

Rather, give them something to play for...? Maybe "fired up" was the wrong wording...

Please note that he is among the league leaders in walks, steals, and runs scored.

Would Andrus be better at leadoff and Kinsler hit second? I don't know but the lineup is pretty effective the way it is.

Edited by GrayEagle

Please note that he is among the league leaders in walks, steals, and runs scored.

Would Andrus be better at leadoff and Kinsler hit second? I don't know but the lineup is pretty effective the way it is.

I hate Red.

I'm not too concerned. They had to face a talented pitcher that had made one start in his career. The Rangers always struggle against those kinds of pitchers. If we can pull off a win against Shields tomorrow, we will be in good shape going to Tampa. It's not like they have a dominant home-field advantage or anything

CJ should stand for "Can't Justify"" your next contract extension!

Rick

If there is a game 5 I think he'll redeem himself. The guy is pretty tough mentally and just when you think he's lost it he comes right back and gets back to great form.

As for his contract he'll get his contract either way he'll get his big bucks...he wont get 100 million or anything but he wasn't going to get that anyways I don't think. He'll probably get a contract something along the lines of what John Lackey got.