I wonder if the name Mike Adams translated in Portugese means Tony Romo? He seems to do all he can to help the other team score. Comes in with a lead and gives up a solo HR and three straight walks? No way in hell he should ever see another inning the rest of the series. Has he had a single 1,2,3 inning for Texas yet?

Rick

• Downvote 6

I wonder if the name Mike Adams translated in Portugese means Tony Romo? He seems to do all he can to help the other team score. Comes in with a lead and gives up a solo HR and three straight walks? No way in hell he should ever see another inning the rest of the series. Has he had a single 1,2,3 inning for Texas yet?

Rick

Rick, are you joking? Adams has had his off days just like every other pitcher in baseball, but he has by and large been an absolute beast. Opposing batters have a .169 average against him. He has given up 13 runs in 73 innings. Who would you rather have as a setup man?

• Upvote 2

I have no clue what was up with Adams and Oliver tonight. Neither of them had it for some reason. I wonder why the hell Wash never wants to leave Ogando in for longer than an inning. The guy was a starter for the entire year...

This puzzles me, also.

Rick

I've seen just about every Rangers game this season so I've seen just about all of his appearances. Adams is money and tonight he just happen to kinda have an off night. Adams is the least of my concerns.

There have been a few outings he's given up long balls in but other than that the guy has been a savior to the bullpen.

Rick

Why do you hate everything?

• Upvote 2

I guess I just have tuned in at the wrong times then when Adams has pitched......for Texas. because I have yet seen the guy come and shut a team down.....for Texas.

Rick

He's been a shutdown guy for Texas. Last night was just an off night. Not only has he been money for Texas but I truly think his arrival sort of helped Feliz in some sense. Since he came Feliz has pretty much become the type of dominant pitcher he was last year and has that mojo which I didn't see in the beginning of the year. I'll take our 8th and 9th inning bullpen guys over just about any other tandem in baseball.

This puzzles me, also.

Because the AL East has lit him up all year? Because you'll need him today? Because Adams had a bad day but is a great pitcher being put into his role, despite when you guys decide to flip on a game?

Ok I take it back. He just kicked some ass. It's just that going into today, since Aug 2nd in 26 innings he had 25 strikeouts, gave up 19 hits and allowed 8 walks and 4 homeruns. His post season era with us was 6.75. But like I said he took care of business in the 7th today.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick