Spring Game

ValleyBoy

For those who've had both: Five Guys Vs In and Out Burger?

Never had In and Out, Five Guys = way overrated. Unless the Denton establishment is the exception to the rule, they don't do anything better than meh. Don't get me started on their fries.... someone has mistaken giving you a boat load of fries with giving you good fries.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Never had In and Out, Five Guys = way overrated. Unless the Denton establishment is the exception to the rule, they don't do anything better than meh. Don't get me started on their fries.... someone has mistaken giving you a boat load of fries with giving you good fries.

I'll give you the average at best fries. But don't rate the burger place on it's fries. I thought the burgers were great.

Haven't had In and Out yet.

So Valley...will her opinion of the need to attend the football games change once the season begins?

We are already planning to attend the Bama & Troy game. Because of locate high school scheadule, my son is in the band, the only games in Denton this fall that are a possibility fo us attending are the Western Kentucky or Middle Tenn.

So Denton Co. Hamburgers is the best Mom/Pop hamburger place in Denton.

What about Mom/Pop hole in the wall, local family style restaurant.

Yelp Denton

UNT Athletic's unofficial eatery is the Pourhouse. But it is not a hole in the wall.

Here for breakfast: Oldwest Cafe

Denton Co. for lunch

and BBQ at Rudys for Dinner Rudy's or Rooster's Roadhouse Roosters

The value of In'n'Out seems to be more of a culture thing, rather than quality food thing.

I was so amped when I had it for the first time last May in Cali. The burgers were okay as were the fries, but given the experience of the place (and my Lebowski homer-ism), I was still pretty happy when I left.

Yelp Denton

UNT Athletic's unofficial eatery is the Pourhouse. But it is not a hole in the wall.

Denton Co. for lunch

A few others worth trying are the New York Sub and Frillie's

Yelp Denton

Denton Co. for lunch

I would go breakfast at Oldwest, lunch at NY Subway, dinner at Sweetwater or Miguelito's!

She has always liked Art & craft shows, even thouth she is not a big shopping Gal. Thank the Lord for ValleyBoy's Wallet. Also she is not a drink'in party Gal.

Coming from another female perspective the FW Main St. Arts Festival is sooooo much fun. I've been going for years. Tons of great artists and tons of things to look at and buy (arts and crafty stuff). They tend to have a lot of good food as well. But there is walking involved. :)

Had In and Out burger while visiting family in Phoenix. Was OK. Didn't get what the fuss is about. Husband really likes Five Guys in Southlake. Beth Marie's is a must in Denton. thumbsu.gif Our stop after every football game to either celebrate or drown our sorrows with a butter brickle sundae. Yum!

GMG!

So Denton Co. Hamburgers is the best Mom/Pop hamburger place in Denton.

What about Mom/Pop hole in the wall, local family style restaurant.

Well, you may want to explore the outskirts of Denton, like drive 15 miles or so to Ponder, to eat at the Ranchman's Cafe. Chicken fried steam smothered in cream gravy, followed by your choice of pie (a la mode of course). Tell David, the owner, you know Dwayne, and the cold drinks will keep coming.

In and Out burger is very good for what it is but they should only be compared to fast food chains, they are what the rest should be fresh quality meat, fresh crisp fix'ns, and they make there fries from scratch. I imagine they are more what MikeyDs was in the 50's.

Five guys I have not had but I understand it should be compared to Smash Burger and Mooyah Burger.

The best burger in Dallas is Burger Island either at the SWC Preston and Belt Line or on Arapaho west of 75 there are other locations but not all the same. Then maybe Angry Dog.

The only burger worth getting at Denton County is the hickory burger.

Unless you prefer the chili burger, then it would be the only one to get. Of course, if you prefer an old fashion or an old fashion cheeseburger, those would be the only way to go then.

Thai Ocho is also good.

Well, you may want to explore the outskirts of Denton, like drive 15 miles or so to Ponder, to eat at the Ranchman's Cafe. Chicken fried steam smothered in cream gravy, followed by your choice of pie (a la mode of course). Tell David, the owner, you know Dwayne, and the cold drinks will keep coming.

Call ahead if you want a baked potato.

Unless you prefer the chili burger, then it would be the only one to get. Of course, if you prefer an old fashion or an old fashion cheeseburger, those would be the only way to go then.

Thai Ocho is also good.

Or you could just go to RG's or Roosters, both have better regular hamburgers than Denton County.