Thinking

Does everything think that we deserved the championships a few years ago?

I'm not so sure.

An interesting thought.

Let's discount and discredit all the hard work those teams put in to succeed in representing our school well on the football field.

While we're at it, can we review the flowers you were given for participating in your 5th grade ballet recital?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I apologize for my post last night...I had one too many White Russians while watching the new Karate Kid...you understand.

I thought it was comic gold. Discounting the accomplishments of DD's teams to prop up the mess that has followed is standard operating procedure on this board. Lob a grenade Tina Slinker's way and this thread is a lock for HOF.

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I thought it was comic gold. Discounting the accomplishments of DD's teams to prop up the mess that has followed is standard operating procedure on this board. Lob a grenade Tina Slinker's way and this thread is a lock for HOF.

Don't forget a quick strafing run on Johnny Jones and his inability to play or beat Drexel.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't forget a quick strafing run on Johnny Jones and his inability to play or beat Drexel.

Football only. Please keep that talk in the 'Still Mourning' forum.

As far as 'deserved' do you mean was our team good enough then to win the belt now? If that's the question the answer is absolutely not.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Anyone who thinks those teams would easily win the current belt are delusional. Those were some good teams but the Belt has gotten a lot better.

I agree that we would not have run through the Belt nearly as easily now as then. I still think those teams would win a couple Belt titles.

But I was just marveling at your marvelous ability to get under people's skin.

I apologize for my post last night...I had one too many White Russians while watching the new Karate Kid...you understand.

Eh loco... choulda been drinkin Tequila and wachin "Nacho Libre" o at least "Necessary Roughness".....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

After thinking last night about my initial statement I may have been too strongly predicting failure for our conference winning teams. I think each of those teams would've fought for a title and at least one of them could win it now. But it's not a guarantee like it was then.

So you went from absolutely not to probably not. You really made a 45 degree turn there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Football only. Please keep that talk in the 'Still Mourning' forum.

As far as 'deserved' do you mean was our team good enough then to win the belt now? If that's the question the answer is absolutely not.

You should go to the Letterman's tent at the first home game and mention that to one of the guys with a ring(or multiple rings) on his hand and see how that goes. Some of you armchair critics are unbelievable in the stuff you will say about your "team"..........

• Upvote 1

You should go to the Letterman's tent at the first home game and mention that to one of the guys with a ring(or multiple rings) on his hand and see how that goes. Some of you armchair critics are unbelievable in the stuff you will say about your "team"..........

Please note that eppy4life has become a "bit" poster.

• Upvote 1