Going Against The Grain...

sparkmank

but.. after talks with both kedrick and shannon (they just commented on how they dont mind the media and previous losses, they still believe and stated we will win in hot springs) i still believe... now when i say believe im not saying win any ncaa tourney games or even the confrence championship game but what i do think is, is that were going down fighting, that were coming back home gonna beat S. Alabama gain confidence and carry it for a bit... knowing a 1st rd bye is gonna be really hard to get in Hot Springs a ncaa berth will be hard. Notice how i didnt say impossible, and if we happen to win out and get hot and somehow get a bye heck yeah i do believe we have as good as shot as anyone in hot springs... i might get jumped all over by the non believers and what not but thats ok this is just what i beleive...

p.s - the last thing this team needs is us as UNT faithful not showing up and failing to support... you might say they have given up on eachother, jj, etc. but if they see us still believing and showing up (yes even to hot springs if we dont get a bye) then maybe just maybe we can get something sparked up here and get something rolling for a memorable finish...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

but.. after talks with both kedrick and shannon (they just commented on how they dont mind the media and previous losses, they still believe and stated we will win in hot springs)

Not going to happen. Being down by 20 points to WKU and thinking we will be winning in Arkansas simply cannot go together.

I think we better put our stock in next season.

Edited by Daddy Dumpsalot
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

well said spark, +1. i'm not ready to give up on our boys. this basketball team is what ignited my entire school spirit. some of ya'll have pressed the panic button already, and rightfully so. however, i'm waiting to see what we do at home next. we have the talent. i just wanna see some heart. a little fight. if we lost to WKU, but they showed like they were trying more in the second half, then I would've been okay with it. but i felt we laid down. that's what hurt the most of the whole game.

i think, and hope, that a good home win will inspire us to get hot enough to get us to the tournament, where I believe our team will refuse to lose. for whatever reason, they'll take the tournament MUCH MUCH more seriously.

• Downvote 1

I'll believe something is changing with this team when they finally hold an opponent to less than 40 in the first half.

Defense is about effort. This team hasn't played defense in quite some time. Bad habits are hard to break. I hope they "turn it on", but don't see it happening.

I'll be at the games and root the guys on, but my basketball mind is already fastforwarding to next year.

• Upvote 2

I trust Ked, Shoter and Domo... its Odufua, Josh, and Tristan who will blow it. They are selfish and play like they are owed something. Ked and Domo are real stand up guys. They will never give up on this team or the coach!

Odufawa is selfish???? George is the heart of the team. One of the reasons why we have been losing games is because of foul trouble and missing FT. Thats what made us so good last year and the beginning of the season. Tristan only went 1-6 from the line yesterday and hes a averaging 83% all year. George got 0 points, I dont know the last game that happened but i know its been a while. Winning is contagious, they just have to win one and they can go on a steak into hot springs

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I will most certainly be there for the rest of the season. I'm not expecting us to win out, but I'm not expecting us to lose out either.

The intensity just isn't the same as it was at the beginning of the season. Bodies aren't flying and people aren't going all out for loose balls or tipped passes. It just isn't the same.

• Upvote 1

I will most certainly be there for the rest of the season. I'm not expecting us to win out, but I'm not expecting us to lose out either.

The intensity just isn't the same as it was at the beginning of the season. Bodies aren't flying and people aren't going all out for loose balls or tipped passes. It just isn't the same.

can that change though? heck yeah it can... the team needs to become a team again and we got 5 games left before tourney time to prove it... if we somehow find that fire again (aka the team against lsu) we can take this puppy

I'll be in my seats with my bride for all the games and we will then head to Hot Springs for the tourney. I BELIEVE in the Mean Green.

And, by the way...anyone who thinks George O is selfish needs to find a good psychologist or analyst with a couch ASDAP!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Odufawa is selfish???? George is the heart of the team. One of the reasons why we have been losing games is because of foul trouble and missing FT. Thats what made us so good last year and the beginning of the season. Tristan only went 1-6 from the line yesterday and hes a averaging 83% all year. George got 0 points, I dont know the last game that happened but i know its been a while. Winning is contagious, they just have to win one and they can go on a steak into hot springs

I definitely don't see George as selfish, but I do wish we could see more hustle out of him down low. Nobody seems even slightly hesitant to take it to the hole against us, and the only guy lately that we have who is even close to an intimidator is an undersized hustling Hogans. I haven't given up, but our five Seniors are going to have to turn this thing around real quick.

I'll believe something is changing with this team when they finally hold an opponent to less than 40 in the first half.

Defense is about effort. This team hasn't played defense in quite some time. Bad habits are hard to break. I hope they "turn it on", but don't see it happening.

I'll be at the games and root the guys on, but my basketball mind is already fastforwarding to next year.

Ya know I wouldn't be opposed to just install a little Paul Westhead strategy right about now . Standing around on offense just isn't working out too well.

Our D isn't going to improve , a few hard weeks of practice will not erase the years of being undisciplined. We just don't have the personnel to make any changes. Cam Spencer isn't going to coming running out of a phone booth during halftime to block 10 shots a game. I hope I'm wrong here , but I don't think JJ has a new style of zone D that he's waiting to use in Hot Springs. I don't think anyone is going to start confusing TT w/ Ron Artest anytime soon and our only decent defender can be a liability on the other end.

If we are going to lose , let's lose 117-113. We can score with the best of them , so let's just play to our strengths !!!

Let's start : DoMo,TT,Holmen,Hogans & Odufuwa. Push the ball up the court w/ DoMo and let's Hank Gathers these mofo's !

Hell , maybe it will bring a much needed spark to a team that seems very stagnant these days

Edited by NT03

Let's start : DoMo,TT,Holmen,Hogans & Odufuwa. Push the ball up the court w/ DoMo and let's Hank Gathers these mofo's !

Hell , maybe it will bring a much needed spark to a team that seems very stagnant these days

With the recent emergence of Holmen, I've got no problem at all with that starting lineup if TT and Holmen can be convinced to play a little more defense. It gives us more size, better assist potential, and hopefully a little more punch with Josh coming off the bench. Certainly worth a try.

We should win the last 3 home games. It is all going to come down to those two games in Arkansas...

This team is certainly capable of winning out... the question is do they have the heart to pull it out? If they do and pull a first round bye out of their rears, I'm back on board. But I have to say this 2nd half of the season has been a huge disappointment.

I'll be there on the 17th. And I'll be cheering loud for the Mean Green to get a win over USA. But talk does not impress me. I need to see a pulse on Thursday night before I can believe this team will finish out the regular season strong, let alone take some kind of momentum into the SB Tourement.

The last three loses were embarassing. I need to see a hungary, scrappy, and determined, Mean Green team play defense and win against South Alabama.

Go Mean Green!!!

Ya know I wouldn't be opposed to just install a little Paul Westhead strategy right about now . Standing around on offense just isn't working out too well.

Our D isn't going to improve , a few hard weeks of practice will not erase the years of being undisciplined. We just don't have the personal to make any changes. Cam Spencer isn't going to coming running out of a phone booth during halftime to block 10 shots a game. I hope I'm wrong here , but I don't think JJ has a new style of zone D that he's waiting to use in Hot Springs. I don't think anyone is going to start confusing TT w/ Ron Artest anytime soon and our only decent defender can be a liability on the other end.

If we are going to lose , let's lose 117-113. We can score with the best of them , so let's just play to our strengths !!!

The only downside to this is WKU was up something like 14-2 in fast break points at one point in the game last week. I know, I know, personnel, but this team just reallyu isn't doing much of anything right right now.

I'm getting confused by all the Patrick Cobbs avatars

I tried to upload a picture into that damn thing, wouldn't let me do it. Lost interest.

I'll be there on the 17th. And I'll be cheering loud for the Mean Green to get a win over USA. But talk does not impress me. I need to see a pulse on Thursday night before I can believe this team will finish out the regular season strong, let alone take some kind of momentum into the SB Tourement.

The last three loses were embarassing. I need to see a hungary, scrappy, and determined, Mean Green team play defense and win against South Alabama.

Go Mean Green!!!

Don't worry, Scrappy is always there!

• Upvote 1