Wac's Benson Going After Unt & Ul. Again.

Legend500

I'm wondering what exactly has changed in the last few months to make the WAC think aiming for UNT and UL will work this time. Benson's been on our case since the Big West, one would hope he'd eventually give up.

Anyways, the WAC's invitation rejection hopes now rest on Cal Poly, UC-Davis, Portland State, Sacramento State, Sam Houston, Lamar and UMass. No word on whether they forgot to invite Colorado College of Mines or are just putting it off to make a bigger splash.

Enjoy the article.

Edited by Legend500
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The guy posting on the San Antonio site uses the name dmccarney - but you follow the links, you'll see that his first post is dated 07/21/10 - go figure.

The Hawaii Star Advertiser story mentions that Lamar just restarted football in 2010 after 20 years, but doesn't mention that UTSA still hasn't played a game. Does UTSA really expect to play I-A football in 2012? :unsure:

"In breaking news... University of Phoenix Online has been offered a place within the WAC...it has yet to be established if they will take the offer...more details to come"

In the press release it was stated that The University of Phoenix would only join the WAC if the WAC agreed to play all conference games online.

• Upvote 7

Tell Benson to lose our phone number! What part of NO doesn't he understand?

The WAC used to have some attraction (but never on a financial basis) and is now a cadaver.

• Upvote 1

His drive will only be about 825 miles. :blink:

Well, that's a weekend road trip in Texas. It's only 945 miles from Texline, TX to South Padre.

Lookin' forward to having Brent join the Mean Green family, and yes, any other teammates of Brent's we should be aware of?

Edited by UNTLifer

Enough is enough! Im filing harassment charges on Benson tommorrow.

"In breaking news... University of Phoenix Online has been offered a place within the WAC...it has yet to be established if they will take the offer...more details to come"

In the press release it was stated that The University of Phoenix would only join the WAC if the WAC agreed to play all conference games online.

While they do not field a football team, they have a championship D&D team.

• Upvote 2

I think we need to stage an intervention for the poor man. He has a really serious problem and needs to face it.

Fellow Brazoria County-ite, DPP, they actually had a major intervention for KB, but those who were part of it are they themselves in the nut house because of Benson's dogged persistance.

Gotta' give the guy an A for "never give up" effort (I guess).

Who makes up the WAC today? Are UTSA and/or TxSt (SM) still going to be part of it or will the NCAA allow it? And La Tech? :sword::ph34r:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Fellow Brazoria County-ite, DPP, they actually had a major intervention for KB, but those who were part of it are they themselves in the nut house because of Benson's dogged persistance.

Gotta' give the guy an A for "never give up" effort (I guess).

Who makes up the WAC today? Are UTSA and/or TxSt (SM) still going to be part of it or will the NCAA allow it? And La Tech? :sword::ph34r:

GMG!

But did he have an intervention from the infinite wisdom of GMG.com-ites?

Open letter to North Texas and ULL.

"Dear North Texas and Louisiana,

First off, notice that I called you Louisiana. I know you like that and I'm hoping it shows my sincerity. I've always thought you were both really cute and I just want one date. One stinkin date. What the hell, it's one date you stuck up bitc....but I digress. As you've probably noticed all of the attractive girls have left me and I've had to move into my parents' basement. I'm not too bummed though, I found UTSA and TSU-SM down there. They may not look like much but I'm told they are on the cusp of puberty...grass on the field, play ball right? Huh, right? Also, La Tech says that as long as you don't go around spreading it they are willing to do embarrassing things I won't go into here if you'll come on that date I've been begging for. I just wish they'd agree to get off of their knees until you come over...even I have shame. I hope you received the case of Zima and the jolly ranchers I sent over. After you drink them (and a little nibbling your earlobes) I think you'll come to see things my way and hate yourself in the morning be glad you did.

Sincerely,

Karl Benson Esquire"