Uh Oh, Uh Oh

Quoner

Best of Luck to Riley, he is a class act, great warrior and will be missed.

So what happened to his word that he would be staying at UNT. Yes he is a warrior but I guess his commitment to UNT was only skin deep. Best of luck to him though.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Well, I hate to see Riley go; he was exciting at times, and let's not forget that he was QB for the few games we won in the last 2 years. I'm sure he wouldn't care for this being said, but I'll say it: I'm glad he was quarterback for the games after his father left; it gave him a chance to stand on his own and show his stuff, and he redeemed himself well.

Nothing to measure or think out. Riley is a special athlete and a great young man. I will be forever grateful for his contributions here and I wish him every success in the future. He will be successful in the future on and off the field. It killed me to see him take the physical pounding he did for us and I respect him.

Thank you, Riley Dodge. :goodjob:

:thumbsup:

Don't let the door hit 'ya.....

Can we get the guy Daddy ran off back?

The Dodge Era was truly the worst in school in history.

Maybe, but The program is still in better shape overall, and attendance is better than the best of the years prior. Let it go man.

I hate to see Riley go. I was hoping he would stick to his word and finish it out here. He was a true competitor.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

A shame Riley isn't going to graduate from UNT, but he gave the Mean Green everything he had. I was kinda hoping he wouldn't be the quarterback again, though, because was getting killed out there. I was concerned for his health after football.

Dear (insert QB name who transferred in January with 2 years of eligibility remaining) :

I appreciate (insert specific game where you gutted out a solid performance despite taking a horrible physical pounding) and I'll never forget the excitement we had when you signed on to play for us in ( 1) 2007 / 2) 2008) .

Seeing you sacrifice your body for a losing team was inspiring and humbling, and I'll always be grateful for the courage you showed on the field. To hear that you've decided to transfer away from a team that needed you so badly is heartbreaking ( 1) but completely understandable / 2) and an obvious sign of deep moral failing) .

I know it wouldn't have been the same for you to try and carry on here without your ( 1) father / 2) best friend) , and I ( 1) totally understand / 2) hope you die of syphilis) .

You gave a commitment to this team. You gave your word that you'd fight and struggle alongside your teammates. Those other guys were relying on your impressive physical talent and leadership. But instead, almost at the end of the window this team has to replace you, you've decided to move on and look for a fresh start somewhere else. ( 1) It must have been hard, but I respect that difficult choice and I say: "good for you". / 2) Die, die, die you godless animal, I hate you with ever fiber of my being.

In the end, there's one thing we can all agree on as members of the North Texas family: Most of the blame for this probably belongs with your dad.

Sorry...but this is all BUNK! I will never understand the love affair with Dodge (take your pick). Riley was here for his Daddy...played for his Daddy...got bullied for his Daddy. And now that his Daddy is gone HE is gone. :notfair: Sounds like a Daddy's Boy...

Probably a Momma's Boy too, for that matter...:rock:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

it's romper room time again!

I'd love to see what you can do besides get pissed and indignant all the time. Hell, at least the rest of your ilk occasionally posts links.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Sorry...but this is all BUNK! I will never understand the love affair with Dodge (take your pick). Riley was here for his Daddy...played for his Daddy...got bullied for his Daddy. And now that his Daddy is gone HE is gone. :notfair: Sounds like a Daddy's Boy...

Probably a Momma's Boy too, for that matter...:rock:

Why didn't he leave when his dad got canned then?

• Downvote 1

Honestly, do you think that Riley Dodge REALLY enjoyed his time at NT??? Seemed like a spoiled brat to me who just wanted to play for his daddy. Actually, I can totally understand that. However, you know Riley thought he was always too good for NT (at least going into it...yes I am aware he is transferring to a I-AA school).

Anyway, he was only here for his dad and now he is a quitter.

On one hand I understand...it would be a tough situation staying after your father was fired. I get that...

Prove it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Really, because I

had thought, "quitters, we don't need!"

Change mind, avoid lumps?

I'll always love and remember the times we had.......But good riddance Riley Dodge.

We don't need quitters up in here.

Someone -1 me asap.

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

I think maybe this works out for everyone involved.

I imagine it would be incredibly difficult to play here after your dad- who has probably coached Riley his entire life- was let go after having very little success. And I think Riley could have two outstanding years at one of the Division 1AA schools in Texas. If I were him, I'd head down to San Marcos. Nice scenery, plenty of trim.

As for UNT, we're fine. We'll find a solid JuCo, recruit some QBs for the future and life will move will continue as it should.

Fresh Starts For All!

A shame Riley isn't going to graduate from UNT, but he gave the Mean Green everything he had. I was kinda hoping he wouldn't be the quarterback again, though, because was getting killed out there. I was concerned for his health after football.

He gave the Mean Green everything he had, except the last 2 years of his eligibility.

• Upvote 4

riley must have wanted outta denton very badly...

the dodge's are great people im sure.... if you like country club folk from southlake ... i personally only care about the UNT Mean Green and the Dodge era brought nothing but losses on the field.... Mac/Osborn> Dodge/Dodge

Edited by Adub4ever
  • Upvote 1

Honestly, do you think that Riley Dodge REALLY enjoyed his time at NT??? Seemed like a spoiled brat to me who just wanted to play for his daddy. Actually, I can totally understand that. However, you know Riley thought he was always too good for NT (at least going into it...yes I am aware he is transferring to a I-AA school).

Anyway, he was only here for his dad and now he is a quitter.

On one hand I understand...it would be a tough situation staying after your father was fired. I get that...

No...he is a PURE D QUITTER...just like Giovanni Vizza!!! :growl:

I guess :huh:

If he was a quitter why would he play through injuries and the death of a close friend?

• Upvote 1

There are a thousand scenarios running around in my head as to what really went down to cause Riley to decide to transfer, and none of them are pretty. But there's no denying that both he and his father have chosen to take the high road in the public forum and let whatever behind the scenes happenings lie where they are. Let them both leave with dignity and let UNT focus on moving forward in this new era.

• Upvote 5

I think it's a pretty simple scenario:

Son turns down a big time offer to UT and Dad turns down a NFL coaching job. Both head to a rebuilding program in Denton, TX. Both get a chance to do something they would have never been offered to do: Head Coach a FBS Program & Play QB at the FBS level. Dad runs program into ground & Son falls short of expectations mainly due to injuries. Dad gets fired & leaves UNT, Son is told he's no longer a QB by new staff and leaves UNT.

If Dad grows a Mohawk, beard, & starts wearing feathered ear rings, would we begin to see 2 white Mr.T look alikes in the Southlake area?

:devil::shuriken:

B)

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Downvote 1

i have mud on my shoe older and funnier than you. but keep trying. would it kill you to occasionally contribute something to the subject matter instead of always a hijack? :goodjob::thumbsu:

I love how the "hijack!!!!" accusation comes from the guy who took a thread about Riley Dodge and turned it into a discussion about how Colorado's imaginary football dominance led to their Pac 10 invite.

In any event, I think you ought to answer your own question:

Who made you the post czar?

Yuk, yuk!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Here's a thought I haven't seen brought up yet...

Maybe the incessant bitching by the Denia residents is what ultimately drove Riley from Denton.

There, I said it.

Denia residents and the Denton Record Chronicle drove away Rodge. :ph34r:

Here's a thought I haven't seen brought up yet...

Maybe the incessant bitching by the one Denia resident is what ultimately drove Riley from Denton.

There, I said it.

A Denia resident and the Denton Record Chronicle drove away Rodge. :ph34r:

Fixed that for you.

It is unfortunate that Riley's career at UNT has ended. He played with a lot of passion to the best of his ability. I attended every game this year and he looked sharp as the starting QB. He did a very good job in leading this team.

To be called a quitter by some is not fair. This classy young man had more adversity in 2010 than most of us face with the death of a close friend / teammate, multiple injuries and the firing of his father. Maybe a change in scenery is what is best for him.

To me Riley Dodge is a winner and will be a success in the game of life.

Edited by Green59
  • Upvote 2