Uh Oh, Uh Oh

Quoner

OK. Here goes. I have nothing personally against Riley Dodge. He played tough through adversity. That said, I'm not sad to see a clean slate next year without any perceived hint of past administrations hanging over the team like a cloud, deserved or not.

Coach Canales left with Riley?? ;)

Riley will certainly be missed. Does anyone know to what school he is transferring?

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/colleges/post/_/id/4671553/riley-dodge-leaving-north-texas

"Dodge, who has two seasons of eligibility remaining, plans to go to (FCS) Football Subdivision Championship program with a passing offense. The list of schools he is considering includes Stephen F. Austin, McNeese State, Southeastern Louisiana, James Madison, Missouri State, Villanova and Delaware."

I'm not going to lie, I was not a huge Riley fan before this year. I thought he was too small, and had a weak arm. However, the character and toughness he showed throughout the year really impressed me. Thanks for playing through the pain,and being a leader during the downtimes.Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

give it up kid.

the mwc didn't want boise for it's basketball. the big10 didn't want nebraska for it's basketball. the pac10 didn't want utah and colorado for their basketball.

Why DID the Pac-10 want Colorado? Because they won 8 games in football 6 years ago? Because they've won 1 conference title in the past 20 years?

How the hell does that fit in with your argument? Or was that a joke? A little "yuk yuk" for anyone masochistic enough to read the whole post thoroughly?

FOOOTBAAAAAWWWWWWLL!!!!!!

[aside: I wish we were gooder at foooooootbaaaaaaaawwwwwll, too. But given how terrible we've been, Basketball is the only thing that's kept this era of NT graduates remotely connected to the athletics program. Maybe some alums, too. :ph34r:?]

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Why DID the Pac-10 want Colorado? Because they won 8 games in football 6 years ago? Because they've won 1 conference title in the past 20 years?

How the hell does that fit in with your argument? Or was that a joke? A little "yuk yuk" for anyone masochistic enough to read the whole post thoroughly?

FOOOTBAAAAAWWWWWWLL!!!!!!

[aside: I wish we were gooder at foooooootbaaaaaaaawwwwwll, too. But given how terrible we've been, Basketball is the only thing that's kept this era of NT graduates remotely connected to the athletics program. Maybe some alums, too. :ph34r:?]

We now know who was responsible for the anti-football editorial in the DRC.

• Upvote 3

give it up kid.

the mwc didn't want boise for it's basketball. the big10 didn't want nebraska for it's basketball. the pac10 didn't want utah and colorado for their basketball.

They didn't want either school really. They really wanted Texas, were hoping Colorado would start the migration, and were stuck with a shot gun marriage with Utah when everything blew up.

• Upvote 1

They didn't want either school really. They really wanted Texas, were hoping Colorado would start the migration, and were stuck with a shot gun marriage with Utah when everything blew up.

Give it up guy.

The old posters didn't want to sign up for your salient points, the VOY board didn't want you for your salient points, the key point is just to be really serious while saying little new besides rote regurgitation, like you're making good ol' fashioned, missionary position-only love to the obvious.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

man im completly shocked... not sure why he would rather play for a smaller school? fresh start? he must really want to leave if we are moving into a new stadium and he could of been part of something special... Its obviously got to do with his dad getting canned.... thankfull though we have the 6'4'' 3-star Brent Osbourne ready to step up and take us into the new stadium...I like riley but this isnt GoRileyDodge.com.... he has chosen to leave us so we will move on to bigger and better things...thankyou riley good luck to you but you leaving doesnt worry me about us winning football games.

Too bad. I was hoping to see if he could develop into a quality receiver over the next couple of seasons. Guessing that he was told QB was no longer in his future around here. Would be interesting if he and Dad are co-shopping themselves as a QB/OC combo to one of those FCS schools. Wish him luck, but I think it would have been mutually beneficial if he would have finished what he started and gone the FBS WR route in Denton. Hate to lose him as a future Mean Green alumnus, and I guess his departure will officially close the door on our strong SLC connection and cost us a few hundred fans over the next couple of years. Oh well.

First, thank you Riley for your efforts while playing here at UNT. I wish you nothing but the best.

I am not surprised by his decision to transfer. No idea what discussions he has had with Coach Mccarney or Canales the past few weeks. However, I did not think Riley would go into the season as the starter just because of his tendency to get hurt due to his size, and given that, most especially under a first year head coach whom has, as well as the fanbase, a lot of expectations going into the new stadium and the future of the program. Not saying he was run off, but....

Too bad. I was hoping to see if he could develop into a quality receiver over the next couple of seasons. Guessing that he was told QB was no longer in his future around here. Would be interesting if he and Dad are co-shopping themselves as a QB/OC combo to one of those FCS schools. Wish him luck, but I think it would have been mutually beneficial if he would have finished what he started and gone the FBS WR route in Denton. Hate to lose him as a future Mean Green alumnus, and I guess his departure will officially close the door on our strong SLC connection and cost us a few hundred fans over the next couple of years. Oh well.

Doubt they are shopping around as a package, I mean are they going to pull out Southlake Carroll tapes and hope nobody asks what happened at UNT?

I understand that but he was recruited here to play QB. I'm guessing Coach Mac had informed him he wasn't going to be the QB. This transfer was probably just as appreciated by the new coaching staff as it was by Riley.

I think it was mutually beneficial to both parties.

Riley's not the QB to get us to the next level. UNT is not the program for Riley anymore.

Add the father factor in and I don't blame him. I thought he handled the whole situation publicly with class and continues to.

I see where a lot of transfers get labeled as "quitters" but I think there were special circumstances in this case. and again, it's not like Riley is leaving us high and dry.

Riley and Todd Dodge both handled the whole situation with class.

And as Riley once stated "We came here to turn this program around" "we" did not accomplish too much did "we" ?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Aside from being the coach's son, I never understood the negativity that was directed toward Riley and I usually defended him from criticism. That said, I'm truly disappointed in him for this decision and my admiration of Daniel Meager was just elevated.

At any rate, I wish Riley well. Maybe he'll get to play against Bo Levi Mitchell?

If true why has SMU gotten those in the past? --Ramone Flannigan played forever at SMU.

True and Lance Pavlas was at A&M even longer it seems. However, if my memory is correct, RF was injured in the first quarter of the first game of the season. I actually attended that game at the Cotton Bowl, I believe. I don't recall the details but I do remember thinking how awful it was for him to suffer a season-ending injury in the first game of the season.