Waaaaaay Too Early

emmitt01

If the defense improves, and the offense stays pretty much the same as when Coach Canales was FULLY in charge, then 6-0 at home is a very reasonable expectation.

On what information are you assuming Coach Canales was never fully in charge? Also, how do you know that Coach Hines was not "fully" in charge when you are referring to the production of the offense.

Since this board has reached that portion of the year that is oh so eco-friendly...we're recycling every old topic...let's look at next year's home schedule and predict how our team, sight unseen, will do.

Indiana

Houston

ULM

MUTS

FAU

WKU

I'll say we post a 4-2 record to open our new palace.

Based on the recruiting successes thus far and with the new defensive coordinator I firmly believe that we can win all our games at home.

Without having seen them practice, or what our new coaches have in mind for the defense or special teams, I can't say how we will do in home games. Truth is, there are so many variables that can't be accounted for, it makes it impossible to predict our performance. That said, 4-2 sounds about right to me.

2&4, maybe 3&3 if we are lucky. should beat wk and mtsu. the other teams better than us this year, but who knows about next.

Come on, now, let's try to raise expectations just a little.

I'll say 4-2, with an outside shot at 5-1 (does anyone know if Case Keenum is applying for a medical redshirt?).

This is the Sun Belt, and as we saw after Coach Dodge left, coaching can have a major impact in this conference. This staff should be able to win at least 7 games this year.

I'll say 4-2, with an outside shot at 5-1 (does anyone know if Case Keenum is applying for a medical redshirt?).

This is the Sun Belt, and as we saw after Coach Dodge left, coaching can have a major impact in this conference. This staff should be able to win at least 7 games this year.

He has applied , but still no word. I'm not sure how long the NCAA will take on that matter. We would still have our hands full without him as former Southlake Carroll stud , David Piland is a very nice QB himself. On a side note , Terrance Broadway who started a few games after Keennum went down has transferred to ULL

Edited by NT03

He has applied , but still no word. I'm not sure how long the NCAA will take on that matter. We would still have our hands full without him as former Southlake Carroll stud , David Piland is a very nice QB himself. On a side note , Terrance Broadway who started a few games after Keennum went down has transferred to ULL

Depends how good Houston will be. If they're capable of mounting a threat against "BCS" teams the redshirt will be denied. If they'll be below average, he'll be playing opening day.

i would love to say this is a 7 win team, but i just don't see it. we still are one of the worst teams in the worst conference in 1a football. if we can split with the florida and louisiana schools, beat w.k. as usual,and pull out wins against a.state and middle, we have a chance at a 5 or 6 win season. i don't think houston,indiana, and troy are winnable, but all other games are up for grabs. regarding keenum, i believe he has applied for a medical redshirt. also, as you know, there is not much difference between a 7 win and a 4 win season. just a few bounces our way, and man are we overdue. goals have to be realistic and obtainable with a little pie in the sky. our goal should be a winning season, with a bowl as pie in the sky.regarding staff,it seems easy to blame them for games we loose [dodge], but i don't think just because you have a good staff you automatically get wins. texas has the best staff money can buy and only won 5 games last year. at any rate, i am more excited about eagleball than i have been in my 40 years as a fan, and can hardly wait till next season. wishing you and yours a green christmas, ward.

• Upvote 1

Everyone I have talked with that would know said that Canales was fully in charge of the Offense all season. For whatever that means.

KingDL1... It is obvious it is hard for you to support Canales, that's ok. But if you didnt see the changes in the offense once the change happened,the points scored, total yards increase, and the rushing attempts sky rocketed. Then you are just blind, or completely in denial. And trust me according to you the "People that would know" know zero...just sayin.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1