Rv & Rawlins Pulled It Off...

akriesman

RV and Rawlins have to be snickering to themselves right now. They seemed to have pulled off a minor miracle, which is to find a way to keep nearly the entire GoMeanGreen family happy at the same time. :lol:

They hit a home run with their ability to keep both McCarney and Canales.

Well done RV, Pres Rawlins and everyone else involved.

• Upvote 1

“The energy level is going to be unreal around here,” Canales said. “I go like you can’t believe and he goes at the same level. We don’t need coffee. We don’t need Coke or Diet Coke. We just go. That’s one thing about us. You’re going to get two guys who have such passion and desire and drive. A lot of good things are going to happen.”

Best quote ever

• Upvote 2

“The energy level is going to be unreal around here,” Canales said. “I go like you can’t believe and he goes at the same level. We don’t need coffee. We don’t need Coke or Diet Coke. We just go. That’s one thing about us. You’re going to get two guys who have such passion and desire and drive. A lot of good things are going to happen.”

Best quote ever

LOCK THE EFFIN GATE!!

• Upvote 1

Best quote ever

It's time to prepare a nickname for this coaching duo.....

How about we start with "Letswinagame" and then we can go from there.

Made me giggle.

Nice press conference, now lets see some follow through, starting with U of H in the home opener next year.

It's great that Canales is back, but only if he realizes he isn't the head coach and the hire was 100% McCarney's decision. I expect ZERO b1tching from this board about how Canales should be head coach if we lose 3 straight next year (yes, it is an "if" instead of a "when" now that we have a proven college coach at the helm).

Ya, like that would ever happen.

Welcome, Coach Mac, now get out there and recruit!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Chico and the Dan? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Chico don't be discouraged.

Dan he aint so hard to understand.

Chico if you try now

I know that you can lend a helping hand.

Because there's good in every one,

and a new day has begun.

You can see the morning sun if you try.

And I know things will be better.

I know they will for Chico and Dan.

RV and Rawlins have to be snickering to themselves right now. They seemed to have pulled off a minor miracle, which is to find a way to keep nearly the entire GoMeanGreen family happy at the same time. :lol:

Home run? I'd call it a Grand Slam - McCarney, Canales, and Hayden Fry's sons!

Funny that we should use a baseball analogy for football :P

Yes. It appears RV and Rawlins have hit a home run.

On Saturday I wrote several rants, angry about how Canales was getting the shaft. Fresh from the KSU vs. NT game, I just couldn't understand why. I want to apologize for those rants. RV must have understood the dynamics of the changing TCU situation. In light of the new shift in realignment, McCarney is a better option and should only enhance our position should realignment reach us. McCarney has already impressed me with his decision to keep Canales as his OC. I just hope Canales stays for a long time.

I thought Hines did a great job calling plays over the last few games. I hope McCarney will keep him as WR coach and have him and Canales keep handling the offense. I really like what are offense was doing over the last few weeks. What have we averaged over that time? About 36 points a game?

Edited by Side Show Joe

Guest MeanGreenHomer

Loved McCarney's energy today, and great move by him to keep Chico around. I am now fully on board with the hire and can't wait to be one of 30,000 in the stands when Houston comes into town September 10. GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!