A Source: Sro At Our New Stadium: 35,000 ! ! !

PlummMeanGreen

This from a source in Dalls-Fort Worth that most the time has been reliable.

Still don't know how that breaks down in permanent seats but there will sure be lots of green space and even the verenda (1,000 fans?) connected to our Athletic Center near the south end zone that would be included in that number I would guess.

Any good photos and architectural renderings of our new stadium? Some first time "visitors" :rolleyes: from other conference boards may want to catch a peek of those.

GMG!

PS: 1 or 2 of JJ's Landing, ie, the SuperPit, too? :)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If that is true, I imagine the permanent seat total will be somewhere around 32-33k. I can't see room for many more than a couple thousand standing room only seats. Regardless, If we can get 35,000 in there for a game I am happy.

I have no idea on the permanent seats part.

New GMG.com visitors from the MWC or CUSA, here is a "live" link on our new stadium construction happening now.

http://oxblue.com/pro/open/unt/stadium?DB_OEM_ID=1800

Here is a nice link on UNT's new football stadium from Office of Development:

http://www.unt.edu/stadium/whats-new.htm

KingDL1 or anyone...can you post some new stadium aerial links, renderings and...... some SuperPit shots? Looking at GMG.com which has gone viral today, I am seeing many, many more visitors than usual and I would guess from other conferences who may want to see those for the first time?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Thanks, Tony.

I love the last photo on the bottom showing the pond. That area is going to be very scenic and nice for tailgating.

AND.............does anyone have some Super Pit photos to add to any of this? Thanks in advance.

GMG!

You are welcome Jim.

SO that walkway they are building....leads right over to NT Blvd. Now I am truly doubting that a genuine walkway will be built from Fouts lot over to the stadium. Gonna be a painful choked intersection right there at 35 with pedestrians and cars.

Surely if our UNT BOR's can find money for wind turbines they also could for a nice, wide pedestrian bridge put exactly where you suggest with 6 Flags Over Texas-like shuttle trains which would be able to bus thousands of our fans and students to our new Mean Green Stadium. A great idea that needs to happen.

Furthermore, with all the extra parking space in and around Fouts Field once imploded, what other major university close to 40,000 students such as UNT could even touch the kind of extra parking we would have?

Surely if our UNT BOR's can find money for wind turbines they also could for a nice, wide pedestrian bridge put exactly where you suggest with 6 Flags Over Texas-like shuttle trains which would be able to bus thousands of our fans and students to our new Mean Green Stadium. A great idea that needs to happen.

Furthermore, with all the extra parking space in and around Fouts Field once imploded, what other major university close to 40,000 students such as UNT could even touch the kind of extra parking we would have?

Plumm, why settle for shuttle trains? How about a monorail?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF_yLodI1CQ

Anyone remember "Monorail" Max Goldblatt?

Edited by Stix

Where are the parking lots in all of this? Is it really just going to keep being Fouts?? That is a freakin hike over the highway, but it sure doesn't look like they are building out the roads around the new stadium to support the extra traffic that will be going in there. Any idea on what the plans call for?

There was an interview with Rick from awhile back. He said the problem wiht busses is that while everyone arrives at different times everyone wants to leave at the same time. It may still be an option, though. He also said the walk way wouldn't be finished this year and it would have to be coordinated with TDOT. From what I remember it wouldn't be ready for a few years if at all.

I'm sure they'll have some way to walk from Fouts to the new field. It just may be bear to get in and out of on game days.

There was an interview with Rick from awhile back. He said the problem wiht busses is that while everyone arrives at different times everyone wants to leave at the same time. It may still be an option, though. He also said the walk way wouldn't be finished this year and it would have to be coordinated with TDOT. From what I remember it wouldn't be ready for a few years if at all.

I'm sure they'll have some way to walk from Fouts to the new field. It just may be bear to get in and out of on game days.

For certain TxDot would have to be the main cog in this.

I think Denton's local Congressman (the doctor?) might want to check into federal monies that might be available for such an important "bridge to somewhere" project as this would be.:rolleyes:

No matter when this gets done, our fans will still have fairly close proximity to our new stadium for an NCAA FBS school. (You ever gone to an OU game and have to take the bus from Noble for what seemed a 4 mile ride to Owen Field)? :blink:

This bridge will be a miracle-worker for a very large portion of our fan base on Game Day who will naturally park on that part of our campus. The 6 Flags Over Texas-like shuttle train(s) still might be in order even moreso now?

GMG

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Expect parking and traffic to be a nightmare for at least the first game. It always is whenever they open a new venue. It takes awhile for the staff and mainly the fans to figure out traffic flow and parking and best ways to get to and from the game.

Parking, yes there will be parking at Fouts and some new parking around the stadium, but expect a lot of parking on grass either on the other side of Bonnie Brae or in the undeveloped land of the Athletic village south of the tennis center.

Expect parking and traffic to be a nightmare for at least the first game. It always is whenever they open a new venue. It takes awhile for the staff and mainly the fans to figure out traffic flow and parking and best ways to get to and from the game.

Parking, yes there will be parking at Fouts and some new parking around the stadium, but expect a lot of parking on grass either on the other side of Bonnie Brae or in the undeveloped land of the Athletic village south of the tennis center.

Just looking at KingDL1's aerial shots there seems to be a bunch of real estate on the west part of the new stadium they may have to one day convert to parking space; granted, we'd need some new practice fields but "shirley" (RIP, Lesley Nielsen) we could come up with space for that somewhere else?

EZ Predicion: Coach Mac will get the funding for a UNT indoor practice facility in the next 1-2 years.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Just looking at KingDL1's aerial shots there seems to be a bunch of real estate on the west part of the new stadium they may have to one day convert to parking space; granted, we'd need some new practice fields but "shirley" (RIP, Lesley Nielsen) we could come up with space for that somewhere else?

EZ Predicion: Coach Mac will get the funding for a UNT indoor practice facility in the next 1-2 years.

GMG!

the spot just west of the athletic center will be the baseball field.

the spot just west of the athletic center will be the baseball field.

And that land west of the AC already has the shape of a baseball field. How interesting that is.

Would also be interesting to see how a campus master plan projects where the future parking in and around our new stadium will be as well as (hopeful) outlet roads will be placed as to create a less congested traffic jam.

Still wonder if stimulus monies would help us finance our "bridge-to-somewhere" ie, from Fouts concession area right across to the Mean Green Village.

Until such an over-the-interstate bridge can be built, UNT may need to talk to the 6 Flags Over Texas people about how UNT can emulate them and come up with our own shuttle trains that 6 Flags used to picked up thousands of their customers in far away parking lots for decades.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen