Before I Forget It....

ParksAndRecRick

I have ESPN Game Plan so watched the game at my house.... It was the worst broadcast I have ever seen. I know the second half they kept saying it was a product of the Middle Tennessee TV and Film Department Students. Well, after watching the game, the Head of the Department should be fired and all the students should transfer immediately to Parks and Recreation. Yuck is the understatement.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Ya' know, all you guys complaining about the TV coverage are right. From now on, I'm going

to watch it on the UNT produced TV broadcast!! Oh, wait, what?!? You say that the UNT RTVF

department wasn't producing their own broadcast of the game. Okay. Fine. I'll just tune

on over to the UNT radio station and listen to the broadcast. Oh, what's this??!? Instead

of broadcasting its own team's game K-UNT is broadcasting a high school game. Nice.

Remeber what they say about stones and glass houses.

mg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Ya' know, all you guys complaining about the TV coverage are right. From now on, I'm going

to watch it on the UNT produced TV broadcast!! Oh, wait, what?!? You say that the UNT RTVF

department wasn't producing their own broadcast of the game. Okay. Fine. I'll just tune

on over to the UNT radio station and listen to the broadcast. Oh, what's this??!? Instead

of broadcasting its own team's game K-UNT is broadcasting a high school game. Nice.

Remeber what they say about stones and glass houses.

mg

Well, first... RTVF students aren't going to pack up a bunch of equipment and go on the road to produce a game.

Second, KNTU was contractually obligated to broadcast the Denton ISD schools' playoff games.

Third, the guys said on the radio last week and during the basketball game Friday that the football game would be broadcast on The Word.

• Upvote 1

NTTV did broadcast the games for years. It's my understanding that the athletic department took that over some years ago. NTTV's coverage of BB games are not great, but i've never seen them show the level of cluelessness that was demonstrated over and over again by the MTSU student broadcast of the football game last Saturday.

as a Current RTVF Major i can tell you that truck was Modern,.......10 years ago!

That's not a bad truck. Not exactly cutting edge technology, but more modern than a truck I worked as recently as 2 years ago for FSN and CSTV.

Very reliable Grass Valley switcher with two MEs and a similarly sturdy DVE. I'll bet Eagle D will be by shortly to sing the praises of that board, if he happens to see this thread. Four dedicated replay options, a dual channel Infinit! (people still use the hell out of those... a lot of Chyron people would rather live operate on a well developed Infinit! installation than a Duet). Nice, 36+ channel Yamaha M2000 mixer. Not a digital board, but the value of a digital board drops dramatically for something like live sports.

That's a pretty decent truck. Phenomenal, for a college program.

• Upvote 1

That's not a bad truck. Not exactly cutting edge technology, but more modern than a truck I worked as recently as 2 years ago for FSN and CSTV.

Very reliable Grass Valley switcher with two MEs and a similarly sturdy DVE. I'll bet Eagle D will be by shortly to sing the praises of that board, if he happens to see this thread. Four dedicated replay options, a dual channel Infinit! (people still use the hell out of those... a lot of Chyron people would rather live operate on a well developed Infinit! installation than a Duet). Nice, 36+ channel Yamaha M2000 mixer. Not a digital board, but the value of a digital board drops dramatically for something like live sports.

gotcha...i just compared it to the stuff UNT had in its studio's and it looks really old...but i was mistaken

Fully agree... I would gladly take a ten year old truck like that and would be able to produce a high quality SD (not HD) remote broadcast production - even with students. That would be awesome to have.

no matter what, the color commentator was terrible. maybe he was a student as well. sure made me thankful for jub and hank and if the radio delay didn't drive me crazy, i would've muted the game and listened to them instead.

THe announcers were not students but the regular MT radio broadcasters. I was amazed at them. Back in the day, Bill Mercer was criticized and forced to retire because he got ten or twelve plays wrong DURING THE COURSE OF A SEASON. That guys did it in a half or less. IF you can't see well, use binoculars. Better yet, wait for your spotter to tell you who made the play. The color guy clearly played football, but somehow I don't think he actually graduated from anywhere. Well, anywhere beyond sixth grade.

• Upvote 1

it was pretty bad, I had the sound off and listened to the UNT broadcast, and for a while, contemplated just turning off the video entirely... I mean basic coverage knowledge wasn't there, like following the ball, or not cutting to a different angle in the middle of a play

I assumed "First Tennessee" was a bank and a sponsor?

And as for the broadcast, how does ESPN Gameplan decide on what games to follow? Someone at ESPN had to have some sort of contact with whoever is going to broadcast right? I would think if ESPN has their name on something, there has to be some sort of standard. Right?

And as for the broadcast, how does ESPN Gameplan decide on what games to follow? Someone at ESPN had to have some sort of contact with whoever is going to broadcast right? I would think if ESPN has their name on something, there has to be some sort of standard. Right?

It was also on ESPN 360 or ESPN3 or whatever they call it this week. I know all you needed to get on that was to pay for the uplink to get you signal to ESPN. There are minimum technical standards, but those really are pretty minimum.

You might be right about that

You might be right about that

This may certainly explain it. I saw the header when they made first downs and I was soooooo confused! But then......quickly.....I quit caring. :blink: I am 110% sure that if any of our RTF students had the slightest thing to do with this publication we they could at least not split the difference of where the action was during a punt. Do I follow the punter or the reciever...??..oh, no bother, I'll just keep the camera here in the middle...WHERE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IS HAPPENING BUT BLOCKING!!